Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 02:34 PM

9,706 posts, read 10,090,488 times

Advertisements

Force yoga on many Christians and it would be an offense , as any spiritual idols like yoga would cross tolerances , but take the mediation and all spiritual influences in the offense of yoga out , and then exercise would be tolerated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 02:35 PM

7,352 posts, read 11,820,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
indians are rarely raised with the 'eternal victim' mindset.

And as far as I know, there's no culture of "look at me cross-eyed and I'll sue ya" like we have here in the USA.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:58 PM

7,744 posts, read 12,684,323 times
Good. Let the liberals implode under their own ridiculous ideologies.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:05 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,587,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm Indian myself, and although I don't bash anyone who exercises, I find it funny myself. The thing I find funniest about typical American yoga practices is that most American yoga classes are not really yoga at all; more of a "Yoga Lite," rather like a Pre-Algebra variety of Indian Yoga. Traditional Indian yogic poses are far more difficult than watered down American yoga. The poses are held longer and are more extreme, there are many more poses, and breath control is a central teaching of Indian yoga, while breath control is not as much of a focus in the American variety.
It would really depend on the class taken. I have done yoga classes at the gym and in a studio, different for sure. Good instructors will teach breathing techniques as the central part of any practice.

Criticizing people for doing "yoga lite" is like going the the gym and watching a pick-up basketball game and saying its funny and watered down because they aren't playing like the NBA.

A corollary would be some of the martial arts, there are tons of martial art classes but most never become experts. And they are linked to certain ethnic groups

I have been doing yoga classes for the past few years and it is a constant growth. I have grown beyond novice but I have a long way to go. Yoga addresses more than the physical. It also gets into the mental and spiritual as well.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:07 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,587,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If this reduces the number of young women wearing yoga pants, I'm going to be extremely upset.
Men do yoga too and more men should. It not just for soccer moms and hippies!!

Old 11-24-2015, 04:25 PM

17,819 posts, read 13,614,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
"Yoga has been under a lot of controversy lately due to how it is being practiced," the email continues, and which cultures those practices "are being taken from." The Student Federation, which operates the center, went on to say that many of those cultures “have experienced oppression, cultural genocide and diasporas due to colonialism and Western supremacy... we need to be mindful of this and how we express ourselves while practicing yoga."

University suspends yoga class, citing 'cultural issues' that may offend students | Fox News
More University BULLS**T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to live for the future and not the past. Remember the past as history but live for today and tomorrow.

Cultural issues my A$$, Yoga is healthy

Old 11-24-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Who died and made Liberals the PC Police?

Old 11-24-2015, 04:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,748,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is even further left than liberal. This is Progressive stuff.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwocmo View Post
People do realize that this happened in Canada and not the US, correct?
College idiots are everywhere!

And, your point is?

Old 11-24-2015, 04:50 PM

26,667 posts, read 28,893,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is even further left than liberal. This is Progressive stuff.
In fact, it's nothing to do with liberals at all. Liberals do yoga. This has to do with IDIOTS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events