Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 11:34 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Nope. Not what I'm saying. I'm saying you dress according to figure. Quite simple. Fashions are designed for the thin. They are meant for the thin. I am far from a twig. I have a 21.2 BMI and 15% body fat. I could rip men my age apart if I needed to. Even being as in shape as I am, I cannot wear many of today's fashions. They are designed for the thin, tall body type. I am stocky, athletic and short no matter how fit. I pay attention and respond accordingly.

This is called "taste".
Pics? You sound like fairly hot stuff (to hear you tell it) :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 04:56 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
If there was ever the female equivalent of a penis measuring contest this thread has regressed into just that.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:58 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
If there was ever the female equivalent of a penis measuring contest this thread has regressed into just that.
surely you men dont do that.....nah your kidding...

Old 05-24-2016, 07:31 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,568,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
She wouldn't have gotten kicked out if she was thin, or even a normal weight. It's not just her bust, she has fat hanging out all over. Gross. I wore a way sluttier getup to my prom in 2000 and had no issues whatsoever. I was a size 2 and could actually pull it off.
Pics or it didn't happen

Just kidding, but it's a good point...Some bodies just don't need to be dressed some ways. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Her mom and dad, if they exist, should have given her some better options instead of "let it all hang out girl". More BS parenting. Let's give her a certificate for participating.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:51 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
If they have a "no cleavage" rule, that is straightforward. If they have an "us larger girls need to cover up" rule, that is completely different.
Yeah I thought that teacher or chaperone or whatever was a little insulting. She's the one who made it about size. No cleavage means no cleavage. Doesn't matter if you're a big girl or a small girl or someone in between.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:59 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
she looks amazing!! shame on the school!! some of skinny teacher probably jealous-- poor girl-- sue them--

now this is over to the top--

The Worst Prom Dress Fails Of The Year | Bossip

Old 05-24-2016, 08:01 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Pics or it didn't happen

Just kidding, but it's a good point...Some bodies just don't need to be dressed some ways. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Her mom and dad, if they exist, should have given her some better options instead of "let it all hang out girl". More BS parenting. Let's give her a certificate for participating.
Really? Come on. Are you all just grasping at the air for new ways to insult this young woman and her family? This thread has revealed some very ugly personalities.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:54 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times
I wish people would realize that the picture of how she looks in the news article is not how she looked when she showed up to the prom.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:00 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
I wish people would realize that the picture of how she looks in the news article is not how she looked when she showed up to the prom.
Is that what happened? I thought the Dad implied the lace triangle they sewed in came out after she got there and she had to cover up.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:08 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post

Yeah your first post about that didn't get the attention here it deserved seeing as it totally changed the story. Here it is again folks, please note if the story is accurate the family didn't complained to the school.

Tennessee girl ‘shamed’ for prom dress | fox13now.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events