Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 11:31 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
seriously, people, anyone who is going to buy this and use it to prank someone is going to do it to someone that they know will be able to handle the gag. they are not going to randomly place it on a 67 year old woman's bedroom window. they are going to put it on their friends window or their roommate or their brother/sister.

if someone puts it on a random strangers window and then sits back and watches to get a thrill, then that person is really sick and i'd venture to say that with or without this prank peeper thing they are going to do malicious type things to people just for the fun of it. they wouldn't need this to do that, because they are already sick people.

there are thousands of videos of people scaring the pants off of people. this mask is just another way to do that. it is nothing new really. i saw one yesterday, it was a girl/young woman hanging her head in her lap sitting on a seat outside, looking like she was crying. random strangers were walking by and see her apparently crying and they were walking up to her to ask her if she was ok. she would abruptly look up at them with a freaky gross scary face and then start chasing them. this was just one of many pranks that people do. youtube is full of them. should the mask that she had on be pulled from shelves? i guess there are people who would say yes.
Oh stop making sense. We don't like that around here. It's all about outrage and hurt feelings.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 11:49 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
"Lots of name calling." You object to my colorful characterization of "nervous nellies and schoolmarms" so you accuse me of name calling. That's weak.

I understand that you take this subject very, very seriously and you may even work with traumatized children. That's fine, my wife is also a social worker and she works with traumatized children sometimes. But I don't think even she would call for an outright ban on this product.

And you're wrong about businesses always making brilliant decisions. Sometimes they make lousy decisions.

BTW I did watch the video and that's a group of adult 20-somethings, not "a girl in her bedroom".

Here's another video about the product that's not from the marketer, and it's more realistic IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liA2CNAGSMM
You are putting so many words into my mouth (or post) that it is pointless even discussing or having a friendly debate. Enjoy your pranks!

Old 09-30-2016, 11:58 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
You are putting so many words into my mouth (or post) that it is pointless even discussing or having a friendly debate. Enjoy your pranks!

Well adios, my friend, but I'm not going to be doing any pranks. That's my whole point. I don't want to ban the item just because I don't have any use for it.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:04 PM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
seriously, people, anyone who is going to buy this and use it to prank someone is going to do it to someone that they know will be able to handle the gag. they are not going to randomly place it on a 67 year old woman's bedroom window. they are going to put it on their friends window or their roommate or their brother/sister.
That's what I said very early on in this thread. But the Schoolmarms For Decency don't want to hear it.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:27 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z90GRcLRG-8

BTW, this is fake...but stupid pranks are quite real
you used a FAKE prank that didn't really even happen to prove your point? she did not get hit by a car. this was all acted.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:30 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post

Here's another video about the product that's not from the marketer, and it's more realistic IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liA2CNAGSMM
that's funny...she didn't even flinch when she saw it.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:47 PM

3 posts, read 2,295 times
Agree it is creepy. Not funny prank to put that on someones window. Glad to see it gone from shelves. I don't see what it has to do with Halloween which I think of having to do with ghosts and goblins and not criminals.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:02 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,653,398 times
We had better ban "ghost" imagery since they might offend the vivificationally-callenged.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:43 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,937,291 times
The point is to stick the decal on someone's window from the outside. To me, it encourages strangers to be hanging out around my windows. That's the criminal element in my mind.....not the decal itself, but the behavior that it encourages.

On second thought, can you affix it from the inside? If it's only affixed from the inside, then who cares?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:28 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth T View Post
Agree it is creepy. Not funny prank to put that on someones window. Glad to see it gone from shelves. I don't see what it has to do with Halloween which I think of having to do with ghosts and goblins and not criminals.

Stop being glad. It's not "gone from the shelves." This was pulled in Canada. They're still being sold HERE and, BTW folks, this isn't a new product. I first heard about these "peepers" a few years ago.

And they're here and as popular as ever. Despite the busybodies, they're not going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events