Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 06:38 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,073,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
As far as I know, rape victims are not punished in Muslim countries or in general in ME. typically there is more to the story then simple/random rape, as it was in this ladies case.
Then you don't know much.

And again, her lying is irrelevant when she was arrested for adultery after she claimed to be a rape victim. That's the real issue, not her lying. The fact that a woman in the UAE can be arrested for adultery, rape victim or not, is the issue. It's even worse knowing one who claims to have been RAPED can be arrested for adultery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 06:46 PM

1,504 posts, read 856,721 times
Some men in eastern countries have been brain washed into thinking that all western woman are godless wh**rs. That it is just fine to rape them because they have no value under the god they perceive. What gave me this impression of how parts of Islam view woman is watching a Muslim woman and her two children dressed in traditional religious gear...pass a couple of young girls who were probably not even 1O years old...the kids were dressed in shorts.

The Muslim woman slowed to look at them...The look on her face was one of utter disgust as if these children were prostitutes. It is just western style and not always to do with sexuality. Prejudice is rampant in the Muslim world just as it is here. Some Muslims believe that the whole western world is populated by atheists...which is not true.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:15 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,322,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It sounds like men are the ones who should stay in the home, and women should fill all the jobs outside the home, if men are so hard to control. The men harass even 11 and 12-year-old girls who aren't old enough to start wearing a head covering. These are just men behaving badly because they can.
Too bad that the women aren't considered human over there.

That's why I oppose bringing immigrants from reactionary Islamic countries to the US. How do you change that religion-driven mindset, and why, as a society, would you put yourself in that position ?

Old 11-27-2016, 09:18 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,322,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Some men in eastern countries have been brain washed into thinking that all western woman are godless wh**rs. That it is just fine to rape them because they have no value under the god they perceive. What gave me this impression of how parts of Islam view woman is watching a Muslim woman and her two children dressed in traditional religious gear...pass a couple of young girls who were probably not even 1O years old...the kids were dressed in shorts.

The Muslim woman slowed to look at them...The look on her face was one of utter disgust as if these children were prostitutes. It is just western style and not always to do with sexuality. Prejudice is rampant in the Muslim world just as it is here. Some Muslims believe that the whole western world is populated by atheists...which is not true.
Yes, the non-Muslim women = whores.

Old 11-28-2016, 05:32 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,055,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
As far as I know, rape victims are not punished in Muslim countries or in general in ME. typically there is more to the story then simple/random rape, as it was in this ladies case.
Then your clueless. There are whole organizations that exist just to help rape victims in these locations.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:59 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,576,250 times
Islam requires 4 male witnesses to prove a rape case.

Majority of women in prisons in Muslim majority countries are rape victims.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:42 PM

102,403 posts, read 108,748,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Too bad that the women aren't considered human over there.

That's why I oppose bringing immigrants from reactionary Islamic countries to the US. How do you change that religion-driven mindset, and why, as a society, would you put yourself in that position ?
They've been coming to the US for decades, and there haven't been any problems.

The neighborhood I lived in in Seattle had a high percentage of Muslim immigrants, including quite a few young men. All employed, I might add, unlike in Europe. And there were no problems. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. If you needed a taxicab, all you had to do is walk over to the Starbuck's, and a bunch of them would be over there, hanging out.
I had a nice chat with an older one, when I took a cab; after 9/11 they were all terrified of a backlash, or of insults from ordinary people. (They didn't say this; it was clear from their behavior.) They were just working people trying to have a normal life.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:02 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,576,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They've been coming to the US for decades, and there haven't been any problems.

The neighborhood I lived in in Seattle had a high percentage of Muslim immigrants, including quite a few young men. All employed, I might add, unlike in Europe. And there were no problems. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. If you needed a taxicab, all you had to do is walk over to the Starbuck's, and a bunch of them would be over there, hanging out.
I had a nice chat with an older one, when I took a cab; after 9/11 they were all terrified of a backlash, or of insults from ordinary people. (They didn't say this; it was clear from their behavior.) They were just working people trying to have a normal life.
Minneapolis has had issues with their Muslim Taxi drivers. Of course Minneapolis is the ground zero of Jihadism, with over 100 going to join Al Shabab and ISIS.
Muslim Cab Drivers Refuse to Transport Alcohol, and Dogs - ABC News

Old 12-12-2016, 06:05 PM

468 posts, read 555,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
British woman arrested in Dubai after reporting rape, group says - CNN.com

Why do people not research laws in the middle east before they go there.
Why? Who knows...many reasons likely and I know stupidity is one of them. Moderator cut: .

I've spent quite some time around Muslims. I think any nation who fails to warn its citizens about any danger in any nation or even within their own, are culpable for crimes committed against these people. I don't adhere to the notion that any ideology or lobby group should be exempt from criticism regardless or their history. We are able to speak the truth and warn of dangers whilst maintaining safety and preventing vigilantism.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened and sadly it won't be the last. Let's keep in mind Muslims are increasingly succeeding in establishing sharia courts in non-Muslim nations. Yet morons criticize things like Italy closing down mosques and France banning certain Islamic clothing.

Last edited by toosie; 12-13-2016 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: deleted gratuitous political comment

Old 12-12-2016, 06:09 PM

468 posts, read 555,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Islam requires 4 male witnesses to prove a rape case.

Majority of women in prisons in Muslim majority countries are rape victims.
We need to be reminded of this. I'm not singling out one religion;. Christians are generally called out for their history and influence on behaviour. We must do the same with Muslims and Jews, who also hide some pretty disgusting behaviour of their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events