Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:07 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times

Advertisements

The school made its dress code perfectly clear. Abide or find another school.

I know a couple of 40-year-olds who can't make a move without their mother. It's disgusting that mama never severed the umbilical cord on those two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2017, 09:45 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
God I am so sick of these viral heroes and their never ending need to social media shame a school for dress codes.

Just about every month there's yet another incident.

What part of the rules don't these 'heroes' understand?

Always gotta be that one person to raise a fuss so they can bask in the Facebook likes, "you go girl" comments, and media attention.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:16 PM

33 posts, read 30,183 times
Very sexist policy. Is it any wonder the majority of those that get suspended or otherwise in trouble for their clothes/outfits are girls?

Old 05-22-2017, 11:19 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,214,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Dress code, series of events lead to honor roll student's suspension | KVUE.com

If I were a dean of a college this girl was planning to attend, I wouldn't want her there on a full scholarship. She doesn't understand that you have to obey the rules. And you can't just defy authority because of a shirt you want to wear that is against the rules.
You don;t understand. The rules apply to other people,,Not this special child.

Old 05-23-2017, 12:17 AM

600 posts, read 566,480 times
Lower back exposed, wtf?

Yet basketball players and exposed their nasty armpits in the cafeteria when people are trying to eat?

Interesting how a white boy was protected after raping a girl behind a garbage dump because they didn't want to "ruin his career". But this girl is about to have her entire future destroyed because of a shirt that wasn't even BAD at all.

Rape = Protection. T-shirt = suspension? Hmmmmm White Privileged!

Old 05-23-2017, 12:32 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
I think the fuss the school made is ridiculous and a 10 day suspension with recommendation for expulsion and banning her from graduation, when she had a jacket available to cover up to solve the issue is extreme. Hell, the shirt she had on is nothing worth making a fuss over and I've seen much worse at school. I agree with her that banning her from graduation is out of line. I had people in my HS class with lengthy criminal and school suspension records be able to walk graduation. It is clear the principal had it out for her and used this to get payback.

I think if the girl in the story wasn't a black girl, people would not be so quick to defend the school.

Old 05-23-2017, 01:28 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I think if the girl in the story wasn't a black girl, people would not be so quick to defend the school.
Doubtful, I didn't even realize she may be black, had to go back and actually look at it again to notice.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:01 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,214,560 times
Maybe some sort of punishment if teh confrontation over it was extreme. She did break the rules. The punishment is way too extreme.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:48 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
I think it's unfair to make this a race issue. Always shows up when a person of color is involved in a situation and that's not necessarily the case.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:57 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
It is obvious the student and principal have a history. I was taken aback when I got to the part where the student disregarded the principal's instructions. That would never happen when I went to school. So yeah, the student has a problem disobeying authority and that's probably where this all starts.

But it seems to me once the jacket was put on she was in compliance. The principal appeared to escalate the confrontation and her penalties are way too harsh. Possible expulsion? Come on now, she is supposed to be the grown up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events