Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 09:29 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinful parsnip View Post
ooooooooh, a foodie competition!!

Well the mexican restaurant in my city is so authentic....they just built a wall around it and charged it to taco bell !

Heyyooooo!
lol!!!!

Old 05-22-2018, 05:39 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,088,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
^^^ This! Taco Bell is not real food! Remember when they were sued because their ground beef wasn't?
Anybody can sue. Did they win the lawsuit? All you had to do is a quick search to see that they dropped the lawsuit and didn’t win, and you would have saved yourself some embarrassment of posting inflammatory, inaccurate information.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:14 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
It is interesting that the plurality of people who defend Taco Bell in this thread tend to use words denoting their immediate economic circumstance and inebriation in their defense.

Taco Bell should capitalize on that in their advertising.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:20 PM

17,211 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
It is interesting that the plurality of people who defend Taco Bell in this thread tend to use words denoting their immediate economic circumstance and inebriation in their defense.

LOL... It's great for when one is drunk and broke. Oooooookay........

Old 05-22-2018, 12:37 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,244,707 times
If every single Taco Bell were eliminated from the face of the earth, the people who like Taco Bell and patronize it by choice would not somehow magically be transformed into lovers of "authentic" weird corn-fungus tacos and start patronizing the establishments serving foodie-purist-approved Mexican food.

No one who does not want to eat at Taco Bell has to eat there. The people who do like Taco Bell are no danger to anyone. There is room for restaurants that cater to different palates. People eat at Taco Bell and enjoy the food and the planet continues to rotate.

it is a waste of time to worry about what other people eat. Or how they like their steaks cooked. (Yes, I know. We're not talking about that here, but the food police are annoying and need to be stopped, so this was an opportunity to strike a blow for freedom from all types of food shaming.)

Old 05-22-2018, 05:03 PM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post

I mentioned neither.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:09 PM

17,211 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I mentioned neither.
It's still funny to read some of the posts using that as a defense to TB... Kind of like how Waffle House has a similar reputation.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
I admit to loving bean burritos from TB...

when possible, I buy a bagful and freeze them. Only takes a few min. for defrosting, quick meal.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:43 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,580,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
and people pretending to be superior because they don't love Taco Bell as their first choice in even pretend-Mexican food. As to that latter, I'm sorry to tell you all that that is NOT an accomplishment, LOL.
Agreed 100%, it's pretty funny to see people trying to define themselves as refined or superior via their own personal preferences for something as subjective as food taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoR View Post
Hardly surprising... 'Merika! Disgusting. I can't even imagine putting that crap into my body.
It isn't crap, it's food by just about any definition of the word food. It can be consumed to provide nutrition, and many people (tens of millions?) love the taste. People who say it isn't food are hyperbolic drama queens.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:53 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,580,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
most American's wouldn't know good Mexican food if it slapped them in the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Knowing good food from bad food isn't pretentious
"Good" food is subjective so impossible to define, and thus impossible to claim others wouldn't know it. If someone hates caviar and loves Hamburger Helper then in their universe caviar is bad food and Hamburger Helper is good food. Same person might also have different definitions of a good music, you'd be equally douchey to tell someone they don't know good music because they have a preference that is different than your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
If you can’t find a taco stand with one or more of the following fillings, you can’t getting an authentic taco; cabeza, lengua, tripa, buche, birria, cachete, cueritos and oreja. If you can find one that offers chapulines you know you’ve found REALLY authentic.
There are plenty of taco stands in Mexico that only have a few choices, possibly none of which are on your list.

I'll be back in Mexico for three months starting in June, if I take a picture of the corner taco stand that has options of suadero, tinga, longaniza, and pastor are you going to tell me it isn't an authentic taco stand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events