Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 09:17 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,292,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
As I stated before, people do not decide should we go to a sitdown restaurant and have a nice meal, or should we go to a fast food restaurant like Taco Bell. People go to fast food restaurants because they do not have time to go for a sit down meal, Or they’re on the road, or they have their kids with them, or they’re on their 30 minute lunch break. So again I really do not think Taco Bell competes in anyway shape or form with authentic Mexican restaurants. I think they compete with Arby’s and McDonald’s and Burger King and KFC. Favorite, may mean the one more people have been to. And again, the winner would have to be a national chain, there is no other way a national poll could work.

And when I go to my local Taco Bell here in Southern Arizona, it is NOT a bunch of Anglos eating their either. There are more Taco Bells in the area than McDonald's.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:37 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,254,704 times
Can't stand Mexican food. They use cumin which reminds me of stale armpits.

I told that to a moonbat once and he called me a racist.

Old 05-28-2018, 11:00 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,488,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Can't stand Mexican food. They use cumin which reminds me of stale armpits.

I told that to a moonbat once and he called me a racist.
I'm pretty sure most Mexican dishes don't use cumin

Old 05-29-2018, 08:16 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,412,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I was just about to say that.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:44 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Right, and it’s already been established that Taco Bell was the favorite because it is a national chain. How could someone in Utah vote for the same local taco stand as someone in Chicago?

As I stated before, people do not decide should we go to a sitdown restaurant and have a nice meal, or should we go to a fast food restaurant like Taco Bell. People go to fast food restaurants because they do not have time to go for a sit down meal, Or they’re on the road, or they have their kids with them, or they’re on their 30 minute lunch break. So again I really do not think Taco Bell competes in anyway shape or form with authentic Mexican restaurants. I think they compete with Arby’s and McDonald’s and Burger King and KFC. Favorite, may mean the one more people have been to. And again, the winner would have to be a national chain, there is no other way a national poll could work.

"...people do not decide should we go to a sitdown restaurant and have a nice meal, or should we go to a fast food restaurant like Taco Bell. People go to fast food restaurants because they do not have time to go for a sit down meal..."
I disagree. We often go to Taco Treat or Taco John's when we go out for dinner (never Taco Bell, though). Why, you may ask?
Because we aren't in the mood for The Bull Mountain Grille (a really great local steak house), or Guadalajara (Mexican food, more or less), or the Golden Phoenix (Chinese food), or Perkins, or Crazy Mary's (a great fish & chips place), or RaRa's ( local sandwich & pizza place).

Sometimes, quick, close, and inexpensive is the order of the day!

Old 05-29-2018, 04:46 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,980,100 times
Come to think of it, on those "I don' wanna cook!" evenings, we have even been known to go to McDonalds, or Wendy's, or Hardees!
But never Burger King or Sonic...

Old 05-29-2018, 11:56 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
I don't eat fast food often, but a couple of crunchy Baja style tacos works for me once in a great while.

Tex-Mex is my second favorite cuisine, so I've eaten at one of Bobby Flay's joints, Salpicon in Chicago, and in regular old Mexico.

Lots of people have never been exposed to authentic Mexican or even Tex-mex food. My former mom in law moved from Connecticut to California decades ago.
Told the waiter she would like to try a " Tortillow"

Old 05-30-2018, 07:56 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
they are probably referring to Cilantro.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:03 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
I was happy to learn they put a Del Taco in near us. For fast food that resembles the names of Mexican food, I prefer Del Taco. I am not sure whether they still have this, but I went into Del taco one time long ago, their menu had various kinds of tacos (beef, chicken etc), but the Burritos simply said "meat" burrito. It did not identify the kind of meat. I asked the young woman at the counter what they meant by meat. She said "Beef" I pointed out that their other products identified beef specifically as beef, but the burrito just said "meat" She shuddered and said "I do not know what it is. I think you should not order that."

Whatever it was, it tasted good, especially with loads of flaming hot sauce on it.

Del Taco still remains my favorite pseudo Mexican fast food.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:38 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
they are probably referring to Cilantro.
Cilantro literally tastes like soap to some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events