Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:32 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,028,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah I wasn't going to go there as I have my own debate going on. A farm is different than a yard, and I totally understand the need to protect the heard. But to brag about it? No that's pretty bad.
I didn’t read it as bragging at all, just sounded like he was explaining himself and what he’s had to do because of irresponsible dog owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 12:46 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times
Quote:
I don't blame the lady either. But there is no indication that the owner had any idea this was so upsetting to the woman. That's why a conversation should take place so he knows to keep his damned dogs off her lawn. If they continue then and only then can I see her taking further actions.

Weeellll....I don't know about that. Seems like, the owners COULD'VE kept the dogs in their own yard, instead of letting the dogs wander over, every day, to poop in the lady's yard. (Which looks like a little tiny postage stamp of a yard.)

Would I have done what this lady did? I don't know. Maybe not smear it on the door, but I might've tossed it right back into the rightful yard.

We have a neighbor a couple of houses down that walks his dog. Presumably daily, although I don't always see it.

I've watched him let his dog walk half way up into our yard and take his poops. When I see the guy coming with his dog, I usually stand by the door, so we can see each other. When he sees me, he keeps a tighter rein on the dog. I take from that that he knows it's not 'cool' to let his dog half way into our yard.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:33 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
You should not have to tell someone to pick up after their dog. It's common sense. My dog, my mess. Clean it up.
Yeah....that is common sense. Too bad it’s in short supply these days

Old 09-26-2018, 01:49 PM

11,775 posts, read 5,787,833 times
Oh and Dave - if my neighbor is having a loud party and bothering me - I'm not getting dressed and walk over there to have a talk with the drunk neighbor or who ever else opens the door - I just call the cops and let them handle it.

Seems many lack common courtesy today and at times they shouldn't expect it in return - this neighbor was a case in point. I have had 3 dogs for the past 25 yrs. We have a fenced in back yard which I clean everyday. When we take walks - I take a few bags in case they relieve themselves. Frustrates me to no end to come out to mow the front lawn and step in a pile of carp that isn't from my dog!

Old 09-26-2018, 02:00 PM

255 posts, read 168,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
If you have that problem, and one poops in your yard, here's how to handle the situation:

Woman rubs feces on neighbors' door in retaliation for dog poopi - KSWO 7News | Breaking News, Weather and Sports
Good for her!!! I love it! The dog owner got just what they deserved. Anyone that lets their dog walk on someone else's property is an inconsiderate jerk, and to not clean up is reprehensible! Keep your dog off private property - PERIOD. If it isn't YOUR yard, your dog has no business on it. Your dogs don't "accidentally" crap in someone's yard so stop trying to justify it and make excuses.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:04 PM

255 posts, read 168,770 times
Quote:
Are people really arguing that talking to the neighbor first was not the right thing to do?
You don't need to talk to these jacka$$es that walk their dog's on your property - they already know it isn't their yard and they have no business with their dogs on it. They don't deserve the courtesy of a conversation.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:30 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,332,982 times
But...but...doggies. We love our precious little doggies.

I have a feeling that "coming out" as a dog hater/backlash against this silliness will be one of the biggest trends of the 2020's, much like how "coming out" as gay was seen as revolutionary in the 80's.

Previously what was once taboo, effectively an underground way of thinking/living was thrust to the mainstream.

With people and the love of their precious little mutts and the whole "support" animal thing having gone bananas and out of control, it's going to be acceptable-even cool-in the not too distant future-to openly despise those creatures. As many people already do (myself being one of them). We just don't know how widespread-at least not yet-disdain for canines really is. No one wants to be stigmatized for it. But I'll bet there's a whole lot more dog haters out there than we think.

And the beauty of it being: the dog lovers brought it on with the constant in-your-face attitude they have.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:56 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,605,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
But...but...doggies. We love our precious little doggies.

I have a feeling that "coming out" as a dog hater/backlash against this silliness will be one of the biggest trends of the 2020's, much like how "coming out" as gay was seen as revolutionary in the 80's.

Previously what was once taboo, effectively an underground way of thinking/living was thrust to the mainstream.

With people and the love of their precious little mutts and the whole "support" animal thing having gone bananas and out of control, it's going to be acceptable-even cool-in the not too distant future-to openly despise those creatures. As many people already do (myself being one of them). We just don't know how widespread-at least not yet-disdain for canines really is. No one wants to be stigmatized for it. But I'll bet there's a whole lot more dog haters out there than we think.

And the beauty of it being: the dog lovers brought it on with the constant in-your-face attitude they have.

I do love my precious little doggie. And I pick up after him. If he were to defecate on a neighbor's lawn, I'd bag up the mess and dispose of it in a public trash receptacle; since I have poop bags with me every time I take my dog anywhere. (It's not likely, since he's on a leash every time we walk past people's yards, but it's not impossible either, I suppose.)

Though I privately think of my dog as an emotional support animal (because he gives me valuable emotional support), I have never claimed that status for him, since my emotional state is not so fragile that I have a medical need for it; i.e. I can go places without him.

Dogs don't end up defecating on other people's yards because their owners love them; it happens because the owner is too lazy to pick up the mess. That has more to do with laziness or arrogance than love.

It's a shame that you seem to dislike dogs so much. Most dogs are good and valuable companions to single people and families, and/or working dogs. Sadly, some dog owners can be as clueless and arrogant as people who don't own dogs.

Old 10-01-2018, 03:14 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
This isn't about who loves dogs and who doesn't. For the record I'm a dog owner of over 50 years. This isn't even about the dog poop. It's about how to properly handle a problem and it's just so bizarre how many of you are defending and even cheering on this woman's actions.

This is not how a grown up handles a problem with a bad dog owner and inconsiderate neighbor. It's how a petulant child handles it and you folks are defending her, just too weird. Me thinks you have keyboard courage and would never actually behave this way, at least that is my hope. If I'm wrong I fell very badly for you if this is how you resolve problems.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 10-01-2018 at 04:42 AM..

Old 10-01-2018, 05:18 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
Now that it's socially acceptable for dogs to go grocery shopping with their owners, be leery of food products on the bottom shelf. Those who don't care that their dog relieves himself on our property won't care when he lifts his leg to the potato chip bags on the lower level.

Or maybe the dog will find little glass jars more appealing... and he'll whiz all over the baby food jars. After all, it's just a small dog. Just wash the jars and outer bags first... and get over it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events