Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 03:13 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Gawd. Another attention ***** using the "mother" card. She's as obnoxious as the perpetrator of her victimization.
She didn't use the "mother card." She just said she'd recently given birth as a way to explain her weight (she didn't owe the guy an explanation).

A lot of women feel shapeless and sludgy before they lose the baby weight. The rude guy obviously triggered that in her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2019, 03:18 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
All that being possible I still suspect that if she wasn't somewhat touchy about her shape already his snarky private comments wouldn't have phased her. She would have laughed it off as ignorant or a nothing-burger.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:18 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,308 times
What was she doing reading the guy's texts? Talk about "infringing on personal space" -- she just admitted it.

Freako -- not everyone wants to have a conversation on the plane, especially with some shaggy fatso.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:19 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,188,788 times
What kind of A-Hole reads other people's texts?

Old 02-02-2019, 03:20 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
All that being possible I still suspect that if she wasn't somewhat touchy about her shape already his snarky private comments wouldn't have phased her. She would have laughed it off as ignorant or a nothing-burger.
I agree, but post-partum women are often touchy about their shape as well as just about everything else. Hormones, lack of sleep, all that adds up.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I'm tired of the word 'shaming'. The guy may be a jerk. She is upset because there is a bit of truth to what he said in his text which she read because she was being nosy. He apparently did try to discretely distance himself from her. She had said her piece to him, but she had a chip on her shoulder and wanted to fight. That is her problem, not his.
I see no evidence in the article that she read his text / was being nosy toward him. You made the claim. So where's your evidence she was being "nosy" in any way?

He may well have asked the flight attendant for a different seat, but that still doesn't excuse his behavior toward her. All he had to do is keep his opinions to himself and quietly ask the flight attendant for another seat. Then gracefully endure her presence on the flight. Detroit to Orlando is only two hours at most. He could take it, unless he's the one being a "crybaby" for having to sit next to a person he has a petty personal distaste for (i.e. distaste based on nitpicky, non-character aspects of who a person is).

Quote:
The mom was itching to confront the man when the plane landed but he avoided making contact. “He got up so quick to get his luggage and stepped back a seat, and I can’t help but wonder if it was intentional,” she considered. “He certainly did keep his distance from me deplaning…”
Had a chip on her shoulder? I don't blame her a bit. I would too if were overweight and someone called me a "two ton". Namecalling and mockery serves NO productive purpose, certainly not beyond what polite civilized respectful conduct can already accomplish.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:05 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I see no evidence in the article that she read his text / was being nosy toward him. You made the claim. So where's your evidence she was being "nosy" in any way?

He may well have asked the flight attendant for a different seat, but that still doesn't excuse his behavior toward her. All he had to do is keep his opinions to himself and quietly ask the flight attendant for another seat. Then gracefully endure her presence on the flight. Detroit to Orlando is only two hours at most. He could take it, unless he's the one being a "crybaby" for having to sit next to a person he has a petty personal distaste for (i.e. distaste based on nitpicky, non-character aspects of who a person is).

Had a chip on her shoulder? I don't blame her a bit. I would too if were overweight and someone called me a "two ton". Namecalling and mockery serves NO productive purpose, certainly not beyond what polite civilized respectful conduct can already accomplish.
You might want to read the article again:

"Katie Kiacz published the letter to the anonymous passenger who made snide comments about her body in a text message to a friend on a Tuesday Delta Airlines flight from Orlando to Detroit".

She sat there, read the text he was sending, and had the gall to comment on it.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:14 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times
This lady is seriously demented. What a stranger says about her in a private text is none of her business, as his opinion of her. None of her business. For her to confront this stranger about texts she spied on that were none of her business is crazy. For her to be so upset that he ignored her the rest of the flight is crazy. Her trying to confront him publicly after this non event has passed is, well, insane.
She needs a shrink.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:17 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
This lady is seriously demented. What a stranger says about her in a private text is none of her business, as his opinion of her. None of her business. For her to confront this stranger about texts she spied on that were none of her business is crazy. For her to be so upset that he ignored her the rest of the flight is crazy. Her trying to confront him publicly after this non event has passed is, well, insane.
She needs a shrink.
I hope she isn't like this all the time. Hopefully, it is just the hormones and lack of sleep. Maybe she can get to a better place again in the near future.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:48 PM

1,803 posts, read 1,240,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
The whole "sacred mom" thing...don't get it. My sister does it and it drives me nuts. She's the same self-absorbed woman she was before she duplicated. Since when did producing viable offspring raise any female to one-step-lower-than-the-angels status???
You and me both.

Remember those “baby on board” bumper stickers? Every time I saw one I had to resist the urge to rear end the obnoxious offender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events