Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 02:01 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,520 times

Advertisements

e-cigarettes are essentially scaled down reinterpretations of the same principle behind a theatrical fog machine. They both heat up glycols that create that look. One is designed to cover a stage in 'fog,' the other is designed to cover the insides of the lungs with it.

What could go wrong with deliberately inhaling a concentrated volume of heated, vaporized glycol and various oil residue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 02:56 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Plus you look stupid doing it.

Old 09-21-2019, 03:03 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,209 times
Nicotine gum needs to make a comeback. Safest way to consume, clean, non-offensive. It’s just ridiculously overpriced because it’s marketed to tobacco quitters.

Old 09-21-2019, 03:04 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
People need to just quit smoking. I did it. Hubby did it. Friends and family have done it. It's a sick and disgusting habit that society shouldn't tolerate anywhere in public, whether it's from blowing out smoke or vapor into the air we breathe.

And like BirdieBelle said... people look stupid doing it.

Old 09-21-2019, 06:12 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
e-cigarettes are essentially scaled down reinterpretations of the same principle behind a theatrical fog machine. They both heat up glycols that create that look. One is designed to cover a stage in 'fog,' the other is designed to cover the insides of the lungs with it.

What could go wrong with deliberately inhaling a concentrated volume of heated, vaporized glycol and various oil residue?

You forgot the highly addictive chemical nicotine.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:56 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
I agree, but all these people that have gotten sick I don’t think are from e-cigarettes. Many of them of admitted to using THC cartridges as well as vaping nicotine. The market is flooded with counterfeit THC cartridges from China. I think theres a batch of contaminated cartridges.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I agree, but all these people that have gotten sick I don’t think are from e-cigarettes. Many of them of admitted to using THC cartridges as well as vaping nicotine. The market is flooded with counterfeit THC cartridges from China. I think theres a batch of contaminated cartridges.
I hadn't heard about THC cartridges coming from China, it's my understanding they were produced in the US but for the most part sold on the street, not in vape shops

Old 09-21-2019, 11:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I dont take this seriously, I mean, Cmon, there have been around 6 deaths related to these modern Ecigs and vaping...but when you look at regular cigarettes, they kill 500K every year and NO ONE even suggests banning them?!!!

Lots of people say "its all about the money"...but if that is true, Ecigs are selling very well right now...why would they want to throw a wrench into that and loose revenue? Doesnt make sense.

Medical experts and doctors knew how dangerous cigarettes were in the 90s and that didnt change the fact our high school allowed students to smoke, they had a smoking lounge, students could fire up between classes or at lunch...point is, they KNEW how dangerous it was and still allowed schools to have smoking areas for students, Im not sure why they are acting like they care so much now, I dont think its fooling anyone though.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:02 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont take this seriously, I mean, Cmon, there have been around 6 deaths related to these modern Ecigs and vaping...but when you look at regular cigarettes, they kill 500K every year and NO ONE even suggests banning them?!!!

Lots of people say "its all about the money"...but if that is true, Ecigs are selling very well right now...why would they want to throw a wrench into that and loose revenue? Doesnt make sense.

Medical experts and doctors knew how dangerous cigarettes were in the 90s and that didnt change the fact our high school allowed students to smoke, they had a smoking lounge, students could fire up between classes or at lunch...point is, they KNEW how dangerous it was and still allowed schools to have smoking areas for students, Im not sure why they are acting like they care so much now, I dont think its fooling anyone though.
In what part of the world were high school students given accommodations within a school to smoke in the 1990's?

Old 09-22-2019, 01:22 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
In what part of the world were high school students given accommodations within a school to smoke in the 1990's?
Right? Some schools still had smoking areas in the 70's (a few in the early 80's). 90's? Well gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events