Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 11:39 PM

2,264 posts, read 971,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Taiwan did it right with decisive early action, everyone wearing masks, plenty of testing, and contact tracing...
Tests/million population: US: 13,067; Taiwan: 2,387

Testing is important but it's reactive so it's not a key tool for getting ahead of the virus. It tells you whether you're using the right proactive tools to combat the virus or not.

Hand sanitizers everywhere in public are an important proactive component of Taiwan's battle with coronavirus because you don't need to wait until you get home to disinfect your hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 01:33 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,630,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I am on an 18 person text list from work.
We tell jokes, talk about stupid stuff like work or the lack of it
All but one or two of us have not received a penny.
So America’s unemployment situation is broken and sucks.

Anyhow after this situation is over... for me life will never be the same.
I will always have social distancing in my mind.
I never liked touching handrails especially at the hospital.
I will no longer shake hands or do the handshake & hug thing to my union brothers and sisters.
I will always try to stay apart from people.

Kinda funny though,
Most people used to laugh at Howie Mandel.
Truly a man before his time.

That’s all I got.
Andy

that,
I too, do not want to shake hands, hug, kiss or touch anyone when greeting them.
To me, I feel there is no need.
Say hello, nod, smile, but you don't have to touch me, and I do not, want to touch you.

I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way.
I see no reason to do so, and after this, more so.

ahhhh, Adrian Monk !!!!!!!

Old 04-24-2020, 12:35 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,323,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The virus is impacting more northern climates in particular. Viruses don't like warm weather, such as they get in India except the far north and mountains, which is why they expect it to decline and then maybe have a second surge in the fall in the US. But it works to India's favor.
Regardless, it has the potential to explode there for the reasons you gave. India is on a lockdown currently - all 1.3 billion people.
Could it be that a widespread use of anti-malarial drugs in India helps against the COVID-19?

Old 04-24-2020, 10:12 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,982,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Could it be that a widespread use of anti-malarial drugs in India helps against the COVID-19?
Not likely. People who actually live in malarial countries like India generally aren’t taking antimalarial drugs unless they actually come down with the disease and need to be treated (unlike travelers from non-malarial regions, who take antimalarial drugs prophylactically). And chloroquine isn’t much used any more for either malaria treatment or prophylaxis, as the majority of malaria strains are now resistant to it.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:27 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Remember RED is for Mods here. Use this instead. I happen to like this , tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events