Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2020, 05:45 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
it’s worth addressing what reopening Disneyland looks like in terms of crowds, discounts, and more. With Walt Disney World reopening first, many fans will look at what happens in the Florida parks for insight into what Disneyland will be like when it reopens. We’d caution against this.

Disney doesn't just have parks in Florida and California. Don't forget that there are four other parks that have reopened. They know how to adjust practices and policies as needed to address local needs. And controlling crowds is no problem with the park reservation system. In addition to purchasing a ticket, you also have to make a reservation to enter the park. You can't get in without both. So Disney is fully in control of the crowd size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That must mean California is doing something right.
Oh, Florida has done PLENTY of things wrong. But so far, reopening the theme parks doesn't appear to be one of them.

Quote:
Anyway you can all rejoice. Disneyland's reopening is imminent. They will reopen soon with an empty park and a fraction of the attendance, just like Disney World.
You're just mad that you were wrong about all the parks staying closed until 2021.

Old 09-17-2020, 06:56 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Oh, Florida has done PLENTY of things wrong. But so far, reopening the theme parks doesn't appear to be one of them.

You're just mad that you were wrong about all the parks staying closed until 2021.

1. I'm not mad. 2. I wasn't wrong. It's happening exactly as I have predicted it would for the last five months.

Quote:
You keep talking like a January reopening date is preposterous. It is not. First the prediction was made by an analysts who has a 76% track record of being right. Second it's not hard to understand why. The Governor of California has already stated that he doesn't intend to allow any large gatherings in June, July and August. That alone would eliminate any chance of Disneyland reopening before September. That would be the absolute earliest that any theme park in California could open. Even then it's likely that severe restrictions on large events might make it infeasible for Disneyland to reopen that that time. Hence the prediction of a January reopening. As for reservations being taken for June, others have pointed out why it makes good business sense for Disney to do that.
Quote:
It's still a possibility. This situation is fluid. Disneyland still doesn't have any reopening date. It could still stay closed until next year. For now I will stand by my earlier predictions that the earliest that Disneyland could reopen is September. Though I suppose they could push that up a little.
What month is this? Oh yeah, September. Those who predicted it was going to open back in June are the ones who were wrong.

Old 09-17-2020, 07:47 PM

Quote:
1. I'm not mad. 2. I wasn't wrong. It's happening exactly as I have predicted it would for the last five months.

What month is this? Oh yeah, September. Those who predicted it was going to open back in June are the ones who were wrong.
You've also claimed that they probably wouldn't open until 2021, and at one point I believe you claimed it's possible they would never open again.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:34 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
You've also claimed that they probably wouldn't open until 2021, and at one point I believe you claimed it's possible they would never open again.
Until they reopen it's always a possibility they will not. The fact is, I said it would be September at the earliest before they would reopen. I have now been proven right. Those who said they would reopen in June or July, have been proven wrong. It's that simple. I don't make predictions like that unless there is good evidence to believe it's true, unlike some here.

Old 09-17-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Until they reopen it's always a possibility they will not. The fact is, I said it would be September at the earliest before they would reopen. I have now been proven right. Those who said they would reopen in June or July, have been proven wrong. It's that simple. I don't make predictions like that unless there is good evidence to believe it's true, unlike some here.
It wasn't Disney's choosing to wait this long. They've been ready to open in CA for weeks.

For the record, I didn't predict June or July. I simply said it would be before 2021. Looks like I'm going to be right too. Do we win a prize for being right?

Old 09-17-2020, 09:56 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
In my area, Disney Florida is advertising for Christmas reservations.

Old 09-17-2020, 10:47 PM

16,597 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Disney's been ready to open for quite a while. They've shown at all their other parks that they've been handling reopening just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Yes, it's no longer about Disney, it's about the state governor's restrictions.
Quote:
Disneyland and California Adventure in Anaheim are closed, which is what the article in post #541 was about.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/
Sadly Disney has become something Walt and Roy would be aghast to see. Walt was a visionary, and while he would be pleased that the park, movies, cartoon animation, etc. were still going, it is a far cry from what they would approve of.
The latest example of "Splash Mountain" being changed for PC reasons.
And before anyone says things change with the times, and "Splash Mountain has nothing to do with PC", lets look at the genesis of historical facts.
The movie "Song of the South" was a very popular movie back in the day. So much so that Disney created a ride themed after it, just as they do with all sorts of popular shows throughout their history.
But even back X amount of years ago, some liberal fools projected their own mental illness on it, and the movie because persona non grata.

So if you are in Europe or other places, Song of the South can be bought on their version of VHS (PAL) or even DVD coded to replay only with certain players, but it is banned/prohibited in America.
Ask me how I know?

[Also ask me how to get a bootlegged and/or copied version of this great movie]

Ultimately the PC censors want to erase all types of art, literature, sculptures, books, etc., etc., etc. that does not comport with their leftist version of appropriate history.

Quote:
California has 772,000 confirmed coronavirus cases and 14,720 deaths. "The state" has every right to recommend that Disneyland stay closed until it's safer to reopen.

Are they putting a stop to unlawful protests/riots/mayhem?
Pot shops stay open while churches are closed?
It is amazing the blatant hypocrisy of some people, and they don't seem to even grasp it.

`

Old 09-18-2020, 05:15 AM

50,789 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Sounds like a great time to go! I wonder if they will be selling one- and two-day tickets or only allowing annual passholders to enter the park to begin with.
It’s only a great time to go if you only want to go on rides. But most of the shows are closed there’s no parade at Disney World, nor are there fireworks. And you have to wear a mask the whole time. I love Disney, but the rides are the least of it. I’ll wait till everything is back to normal.

Old 09-18-2020, 05:17 AM

50,789 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
In my area, Disney Florida is advertising for Christmas reservations.
That’s unusual. Christmas used to be sold out long in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events