Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2020, 04:56 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times

Advertisements

Just three weeks away from the PROPOSED reopening date, and Disneyland still doesn't have approval from the state government or from the uncooperative union.

Quote:
Disneyland aims for a reopening: Should I go?

The answer you come up with involves three main considerations:

1. The situation with the pandemic and reopenings is fluid. You need to keep up with the latest information and be flexible as things might change.

2. You must think about your medical history and the level of risk you're willing to take for yourself and your party.

3. Personal preferences matter. How do you think you'll react to a Disneyland with mandatory face masks, ride schedules and social distancing?

Another key thing to remember specifically about Disneyland: The proposed phased reopening on July 17 of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure is just that -- a proposal.
While the sister Disney World Resort in Florida got swift approvals from local and state government, Disneyland is still waiting for an official OK on its plans. And keep in mind the company is still in discussions with unions representing its workers, who are resisting the plan to reopen on July 17, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

So as you make your plans, don't forget none of this is firm.
Disneyland's reopening plan_ Should I go? | CNN Travel.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 04:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Do you have any idea how much money this is costing them do you own Disney stock?

Old 06-24-2020, 05:00 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yes, I do believe that. The fact that every single Third World country in the world has a substantially lower COVID-19 death rate then the US, is a testimonial to how well the Third World is handling this.

My understanding is that COVID-19 is being tracked in virtually every single country in the world except North Korea and Turkmenistan.

This is absolutely asinine. Third world death rates and infection rates aren’t accurate, there’s no way they could be. Third world countries aren’t testing enough, heck the US isn’t testing enough. You commentary here is absurd

Old 06-24-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Do you have any idea how much money this is costing them do you own Disney stock?
$1.4 billion so far.

Disney lost $1.4 billion due to coronavirus last quarter - CBS News

Old 06-24-2020, 07:51 PM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Disneyland’s reopening will be delayed beyond July 17, Walt Disney Co. announced Wednesday in a statement that did not specify an alternative date.

Part of the reason for the delay is that it’s waiting for state guidelines, Disney said.

“California has now indicated that it will not issue theme park reopening guidelines until sometime after July 4,” the company said. That would not give the company enough time to recall staffers and equip its two Anaheim theme parks, Disneyland and California Adventure, with necessary preparations, it said.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...reopen-july-17

Old 06-24-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Disneyland’s reopening will be delayed beyond July 17, Walt Disney Co. announced Wednesday in a statement that did not specify an alternative date.

Part of the reason for the delay is that it’s waiting for state guidelines, Disney said.

“California has now indicated that it will not issue theme park reopening guidelines until sometime after July 4,” the company said. That would not give the company enough time to recall staffers and equip its two Anaheim theme parks, Disneyland and California Adventure, with necessary preparations, it said.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...reopen-july-17
Well, there you go. I could see that coming. Next up Disney World. I have said it before, and I will say it again. Anybody who thinks this is over, is going to be in for a big disappointment.

In the words of Winston Churchill, "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Old 06-24-2020, 11:06 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
We’re still a far cry from your 2021 prediction, so don’t start getting cocky on us.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
We’re still a far cry from your 2021 prediction, so don’t start getting cocky on us.
We are only six months away from 2021. We are almost that far into this now. Every delay makes me another day closer to being right, and you all another day closer to being wrong. Those of you who's predictions haven't been proved wrong already.

Here is your problem. You all want to go to Disneyland to celebrate the end of the pandemic. But there is just one problem. Your celebration is premature. It's not over, and that is making you angry. Calm down and look at the situation rationally. If you do that, I think you will feel better.

Old 06-25-2020, 09:52 AM

17,300 posts, read 22,030,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
One article noted the parks alone earn them 43 million a day worldwide.........

Old 06-25-2020, 01:59 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Here is your problem. You all want to go to Disneyland to celebrate the end of the pandemic. But there is just one problem. Your celebration is premature. It's not over, and that is making you angry. Calm down and look at the situation rationally. If you do that, I think you will feel better.
I'm not the angry one. I'm just not a pessimistic as you. I feel fine. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events