Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2020, 10:42 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Bet no one is going to buy the picture some of the rides take and try to sell you afterward! Going to be weird seeing pics of masked little girls with masked princesses, too.
Most people just snap the pic on their phone rather than buying it unless they have PhotoPass. I did this with Space Mountain and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout in December.

I think the gaiters are the best for thrill rides. If I need a mask when my June 2021 trip comes, I'll get maybe three of these. I won't need one in Epcot since there is no roller coaster. Magic Kingdom may need a gaiter for say Splash Mountain and the wild mouse Space Mountain. Disney Hollywood Studios has Rock n Roller Coaster and Disney Animal Kingdom has Expedition Everest which both are higher speed thrill rides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2020, 03:54 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,121,427 times
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/...06395307806720
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/...06396553568256

Disney World visitor received first aid for cough, shortness of breath, and severe vomiting. They claim it's a nut allergy, while ignoring the clinic's advice. They went back for a 2nd day.

If the visitor has the Coronavirus, they were infected before coming to Disney. It takes at least 3 days to show symptoms. The visitor is highly contagious in the first week, but the masks may prevent the spread. It does no good, if that person is eating or drinking. The staff may get infected.

Old 07-12-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/...06395307806720
https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/...06396553568256

Disney World visitor received first aid for cough, shortness of breath, and severe vomiting. They claim it's a nut allergy, while ignoring the clinic's advice. They went back for a 2nd day.

If the visitor has the Coronavirus, they were infected before coming to Disney. It takes at least 3 days to show symptoms. The visitor is highly contagious in the first week, but the masks may prevent the spread. It does no good, if that person is eating or drinking. The staff may get infected.
That is criminal. They should be arrested.

Old 07-12-2020, 03:10 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Most people just snap the pic on their phone rather than buying it unless they have PhotoPass. I did this with Space Mountain and Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout in December.

I think the gaiters are the best for thrill rides. If I need a mask when my June 2021 trip comes, I'll get maybe three of these. I won't need one in Epcot since there is no roller coaster. Magic Kingdom may need a gaiter for say Splash Mountain and the wild mouse Space Mountain. Disney Hollywood Studios has Rock n Roller Coaster and Disney Animal Kingdom has Expedition Everest which both are higher speed thrill rides.
I buy the picture, LOL. Except last time I was on splash Mountain, the girl in the car in front of me put her arms up just as the machine was taking the picture and blocked my face. I was so mad! I don’t look good in selfies, they make my nose look big!

I really wouldn’t wanna go under these circumstances. I feel like it would take too much of the fun out of it, not having the freedom to just hotel hop, park hop, and have dinner spontaneously etc. And other things like taking the monorail to one of the beachfront hotels and watching the fireworks from there. No fireworks now, and no one but guests allowed on the hotel properties.

I’m not really a ride person, I love Disney for the special effects and the magic of it. I go on Twilight of Terror just for the special effects before the ride but I dislike the ride itself. My favorite thing are the 3D movies (all time favorite is 3D Muppet Adventure) and those probably aren’t even open. Most of the indoor shows are not I believe.

Old 07-12-2020, 03:39 PM

17,204 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:

I’m not really a ride person, I love Disney for the special effects and the magic of it. I go on Twilight of Terror just for the special effects before the ride but I dislike the ride itself. My favorite thing are the 3D movies (all time favorite is 3D Muppet Adventure) and those probably aren’t even open. Most of the indoor shows are not I believe.
The magic of Disney really lies in the shows, the special effects, the aesthetics, etc., as you mention. Most who enjoy Disney and go for repeated visits do so with that in mind -- if you want thrill rides, Universal's Islands of Adventure and Fun Spot are down the road.

Nothing beats that Cinderella's Castle light/firework/music show at night. That is always a beautiful experience.

Old 07-13-2020, 09:42 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
The magic of Disney really lies in the shows, the special effects, the aesthetics, etc., as you mention. Most who enjoy Disney and go for repeated visits do so with that in mind -- if you want thrill rides, Universal's Islands of Adventure and Fun Spot are down the road.

Nothing beats that Cinderella's Castle light/firework/music show at night. That is always a beautiful experience.
Yes I like that too, but trying to get out of the park afterward is a nightmare! That’s why we like to monorail to Grand Floridian and watch from the beach. You don’t get the full sense of everything of course but last time we stayed in the park for fireworks the crowds and obnoxiousness of people pushing to monorails and shuttles ruined the magic somewhat. I actually got pushed out of the way by people behind me (strolled people often weaponize them!) trying to get on a shuttle.

Old 07-14-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Yes I like that too, but trying to get out of the park afterward is a nightmare! That’s why we like to monorail to Grand Floridian and watch from the beach. You don’t get the full sense of everything of course but last time we stayed in the park for fireworks the crowds and obnoxiousness of people pushing to monorails and shuttles ruined the magic somewhat. I actually got pushed out of the way by people behind me (strolled people often weaponize them!) trying to get on a shuttle.
Honestly even though I love Saratoga Springs, where my family has their Disney Vacation Club points at, they are a transportation nightmare. Saratoga Springs is about a 15 minute drive to Magic Kingdom and roughly 10 minutes loop in the resort. Saratoga Springs is a really nice resort. I typically try to head out of the park as much after the fireworks group left the park.

Anyone using a stroller as a shunt should be thrown out. But that's just me...

Old 07-14-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah... Last time I stayed for it, we had to wait 90 minutes to get on the Monorail that lead to the parking lot... 90 minutes!!! There was even one of those ride timers there...
All I could think of was how in the world Disney was even able to get away with that, as that's a serious safety hazard, to have thousands of people crammed in a waiting area trying to exit the park... Yikes!

Old 07-14-2020, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yeah... Last time I stayed for it, we had to wait 90 minutes to get on the Monorail that lead to the parking lot... 90 minutes!!! There was even one of those ride timers there...
All I could think of was how in the world Disney was even able to get away with that, as that's a serious safety hazard, to have thousands of people crammed in a waiting area trying to exit the park... Yikes!
That isn't just a Disney problem.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That isn't just a Disney problem.
It kind of is... Magic Kingdom anyway. Being stuck on an island across a large lagoon from the parking lot, with the only means of exit being a limited-capacity train is very problematic. There's a ferry that runs across it also, but it's even slower, runs less frequently, and has an even smaller capacity. It's certainly not a problem at Universal and Seaworld.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events