Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2020, 02:35 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,499,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Perhaps... I'm just speaking on experience -- Literally 90 minutes (there is a ride timer at the exit) to get on either the monorail or ferry.
My experience has been quite different. Have I had to wait for the monorail? Sure. It's Disney ... what don't you have to wait for? It's to be expected. But never anything close to 90 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2020, 08:03 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,887,972 times
Quote:
Key difference is there are normally multiple exits to a stadium. There is one exit out of MK, and two modes of transportation with very limited capacity to get one across a huge body of water. Besides, this was specifically about theme parks. MK is poorly designed in this sense, as the other parks do not have this issue.
Not really. All parks but Epcot have one entrance and all are busses or parking trams. I dont know how it is now since i last went in 2013 but the Disney Hollywood Studios bus stops were badly designed and not good for rain at all. Epcot has the Epcot resorts that you can walk to or take a boat from, even to Disney Hollywood Studios from the international gateway. You also can get the Skyliner from there now too.

Magic Kingdom unless you are going to the parking trams or a Magic Kingdom resort it is buses. Disney World resort buses are to the left of the Magic Kingdom as you exit. If you have a Magic Kingdom resort hotel room you can take a resort launch or the resort monorail loop (Wilderness Lodge is a bus or the launch.) If you used a bus to a non disney resort or used the parking lot, it is fairy or monorail only. I think the poster used this.

Even still if you hang around the park past fireworks foot traffic gets easier. Right after you are screwed. Must be a Disney noob or someone that needed to leave right then...

Old 07-18-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Even still if you hang around the park past fireworks foot traffic gets easier. Right after you are screwed. Must be a Disney noob or someone that needed to leave right then...
Right? The Disney vets know that when the fireworks are over, go away from the exits (or skip the fireworks completely and enjoy the rest of the park). You can fit in a couple more rides with much shorter lines and slowly meander your way to the exits. By the time you make it to the exit, the crowds have thinned considerably. That last hour or so in the park is awesome because the crowds are gone. They don't kick everyone out as soon as the fireworks are over.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Right? The Disney vets know that when the fireworks are over, go away from the exits (or skip the fireworks completely and enjoy the rest of the park). You can fit in a couple more rides with much shorter lines and slowly meander your way to the exits. By the time you make it to the exit, the crowds have thinned considerably. That last hour or so in the park is awesome because the crowds are gone. They don't kick everyone out as soon as the fireworks are over.
Exactly. I have only left right after fireworks if we are talking about say Disney parks closed at that point like Disney Hollywood Studios having Fantasmic at 7pm or Illuminations at Epcot. I think the further in World Showcase you are, the easier to avoid the crowds out. Largely because the "perfect intended view" is in the Future World/World Showcase side of the lagoon. I love watching Illuminations in Italy myself. Had a Moretti waiting for my last viewing. Now that isn't a problem as there is no fireworks/nighttime spectaculars.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:26 PM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Noob? Guys, I live here. Come on, man.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Then you likely had to head out before waiting it out.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Then you likely had to head out before waiting it out.
With kids, yes.

Although the multiple NFPA violations MK gets every year are a clear indicator of poor design. They’re working on it though.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
It’s not a safe assumption for us to make that just because you live there that you’re familiar with all the tips and tricks. Someone can live in Orlando and still be a Dis noob.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
With kids, yes.

Although the multiple NFPA violations MK gets every year are a clear indicator of poor design. They’re working on it though.
Then wait for the kids to be older. I was 8 when I first went. Granted I was born and raised in Long Island, not living in Florida. But why did you HAVE to leave then? Couldn't you find a park bench or get an ice cream or something waiting out the crowd?

Old 07-19-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It’s not a safe assumption for us to make that just because you live there that you’re familiar with all the tips and tricks. Someone can live in Orlando and still be a Dis noob.
Valid point.
Anyway, not a noob. Just not a fan of MK’s exit lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events