Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2021, 07:16 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think that's it. He was emulating his dad, who bragged frequently about his exploits with street racing in his own Lamborghini. He and dad raced each other on pubic streets. I don't think this is a statement about teens as much as it's a statement on the ultra-rich and their attitude of entitlement and laws and rules not applying to them.
A great point there, and I agree that his dad more or less invited his son to engage in that kind of behavior. I was thinking in terms of deeper issues. His dad simply would not have encouraged that kind of behavior if the dad himself didn't think that "getting wild oats out of their system" was a human right or close to it. Everything about the way he raised his son strongly suggests this dad did indeed think that. So my comment also addressed the deeper cultural attitudes propeling the logic as well as the immediate issue at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2021, 11:43 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
As far as the internet I thought it was only possible to lower the rank of a search result not actually erase. Even if it's the 100th hit down it still took the result off the first several pages of results. Although even that could show somekind of intent or guilt?

I'm sure there will be a civil settlement. The question is how much and does the family want something like a public apology. Also in the charged article it said the kid driver 'suffered' a brain injury in the crash. This guy might try to play that up to minimize a settlement.

Still unsure was the victim T boned or rear ended?
In the days after the accident, I typed the guy's name and a variety of combinations of the words: car, crash, Lamborghini, accident, etc. into the search bar for google.

The puff piece about him was the top result each time, and when I clicked on "News" with the same search terms, only two articles were listed - the articles written months before about what a master of the universe he is. Not ONE news article about the crash.

Google will show you what they choose to show you. It's all based on what people, firms, entities are willing to pay. When a relative created a website with a unique and distinctive name, anyone searching for their firm would not see their website show up until the second or third page. Google outright told them it would cost them if they wanted their business' webpage to come up higher.

Old 03-15-2021, 12:47 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
In the days after the accident, I typed the guy's name and a variety of combinations of the words: car, crash, Lamborghini, accident, etc. into the search bar for google.

The puff piece about him was the top result each time, and when I clicked on "News" with the same search terms, only two articles were listed - the articles written months before about what a master of the universe he is. Not ONE news article about the crash.

Google will show you what they choose to show you. It's all based on what people, firms, entities are willing to pay. When a relative created a website with a unique and distinctive name, anyone searching for their firm would not see their website show up until the second or third page. Google outright told them it would cost them if they wanted their business' webpage to come up higher.

Believe it or not, I never did and I usually do. I remember the 1st time someone caught his name in the press.

You didn't happen to try Bing?

Old 03-15-2021, 02:22 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

He hired someone to scrub the internet and make the stories not appear.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:17 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Quote:
Correct!!!

Old 03-17-2021, 07:28 AM

3,176 posts, read 6,215,602 times
Thanks for sharing this, I signed. So sad. Owe you a +1, gotta spread it around a bit first.
Also thanks on the Hannah stuff - what a frustrating, utterly absurd thread!

Old 03-17-2021, 01:56 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Well, who could even see it coming that a green 17-year old boy couldn't handle a super-car meant for drivers who are highly experienced and have already mastered the skill to handle an extreme car. /s
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-18-2021, 01:18 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Thanks for sharing this, I signed. So sad. Owe you a +1, gotta spread it around a bit first.
Also thanks on the Hannah stuff - what a frustrating, utterly absurd thread!

Don't worry about the rep. Pass it on to someone that only has a star or 2 for reps. I hand out a lot of reps every day, trying to make those low star numbers get higher for good posters. People seem to stop handing out reps these days.

Old 03-18-2021, 06:16 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:
nah....i think its just not a salacious story with the right combination of things - like the race of either, whether the driver was an actor or some person of renown in the entertainment industry, etc.

just an ordinary manslaughter, even with the ghini, loses its allure.

sorry to be callous about it, but i think that is it more than anything.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:09 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
nah....i think its just not a salacious story with the right combination of things - like the race of either, whether the driver was an actor or some person of renown in the entertainment industry, etc.

just an ordinary manslaughter, even with the ghini, loses its allure.

sorry to be callous about it, but i think that is it more than anything.
It’s already known that he did hire a PR firm to do that, I’m not speculating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events