Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 04:19 PM

17,301 posts, read 22,030,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i wouldnt mind owning a lambrongini, just cant find a place that sells them.
ummmmm one of the biggest dealers is in NJ......

https://www.fckerbecklamborghini.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 05:36 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Married. One of the articles said she was against giving the car to him. It sounds like dad rules the roost.
What parent with ANY common sense thinks it is a good idea to give a 17 year old a high performance sports car? Not just any sports car but one of the fastest on the planet that costs more than the average American home.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

Old 04-28-2021, 05:44 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,142,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
What parent with ANY common sense thinks it is a good idea to give a 17 year old a high performance sports car? Not just any sports car but one of the fastest on the planet that costs more than the average American home.

Nothing has gone wrong. Just some woman who didn't really matter, is dead. Big deal!!!

(I bet this is what the dad is thinking right now.)

Old 04-28-2021, 06:17 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
ummmmm one of the biggest dealers is in NJ......

https://www.fckerbecklamborghini.com/
i dont see any lambronginis on their web site. maybe i should call them.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:34 PM

50,751 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
When I clicked on it, the first 2 cars that came up in the slide show were Lamborghini's. One looked like a small SUV, and was available to lease for $4000 a month, $11,000 due at signing. Click the arrows next to the pics to get to previous ones or go ahead. The menu under "New Inventory" has a sub-category "New Lamborghini inventory". I can see you in the $266,000 coupe.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
When I clicked on it, the first 2 cars that came up in the slide show were Lamborghini's. One looked like a small SUV, and was available to lease for $4000 a month, $11,000 due at signing. Click the arrows next to the pics to get to previous ones or go ahead. The menu under "New Inventory" has a sub-category "New Lamborghini inventory". I can see you in the $266,000 coupe.
I'm having some fun with the title of the thread

Old 04-28-2021, 09:35 PM

16,575 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
A 17 year old 'driving' a Lamborghini 120 mph killed a women running into the side of her car.

https://www.newsbreak.com/california...n-tragic-crash

Police won't release name yet. Friends and family want the driver/murderer prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

A Lamborghini ? Doesn't say if stolen, his parents or his own. The 17 year old is a murderer and should be treated/charged as an adult.
Well if it was the family Lambo, lets hope the same scumbag lawyer who got the other killer of 4 (and injury of about a dozen more) doesn't try the "affluenza" defense.

`

Old 04-29-2021, 03:10 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
No true..........kid in Tampa with a brand new Mustang GT was drag racing and killed a mom/toddler in a stroller. Kid got 24 years, the other kid racing who hit no one got 6 years. Kid was going 102 in a 45, but black box noted he had driven 162 mph earlier in the week showing a pattern of reckless driving.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/tampa/...aces-sentence/

Kid is 20 now, so he will be out by 40........no college degree/work history and a felony record. He is a young white 140 lb rich kid who will be abused in prison for decades by the prison gangs. He isn't dead, but he will wish he was for years to come.

There are NO winners in these cases. Everyone is a victim in the end.

Thanks for the article. Amazing how different the justice system is in a different state. CA is lenient on offenders. Too bad the accident didn't happen in FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

Apparently rich parents have to keep up with other rich parents.

When I started driving, I had a 72 Grand Prix that drank too much gas so I got a 69 Mustang. The difference is mine weren't new even though they were also considered muscle cars. I also had a Kawasaki 440 LTD that was fast as heck. I used to open it up on a highway that wasn't used by many people.

I didn't know many young drivers that didn't "street race" except they weren't going that fast back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
Nothing has gone wrong. Just some woman who didn't really matter, is dead. Big deal!!!

(I bet this is what the dad is thinking right now.)

I hope it's hit the father and that if he has any younger kids this will be a lesson to him to stop giving these fast cars to his kids

Quote:

I guess you're joking. How could you miss the copper colored Lambo. I'm not into Lambo's but that's a neat colored car.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:04 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
Would there be less outrage if he was driving a higher end sedan?
How about a Tesla?
They go fast as Hell.
Some faster than a Hemi Hellfire in fact.
Do you seriously think that there would be no outrage if some unsupervised minor, with prior offenses, in a souped up Honda Civic had done this? The difference is that this garners much more attention because DAD is a high profile figure, and because it's highly likely daddy's money will go a long way towards preventing his kid from seeing the same type of repercussions that someone from a poor family would suffer. The type of car this kid was driving is just a red herring.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:53 AM

102,204 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Married. One of the articles said she was against giving the car to him. It sounds like dad rules the roost.
This really does sound like dad should be cited for some kind of negligence, as well as the son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events