Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 08:24 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
nah....i think its just not a salacious story with the right combination of things - like the race of either, whether the driver was an actor or some person of renown in the entertainment industry, etc.

just an ordinary manslaughter, even with the ghini, loses its allure.

sorry to be callous about it, but i think that is it more than anything.
No, it was done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 07:19 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Here's another death due to street racing.

Mother Killed When Suspected Street Racer Crashes Into Her Car "Two to three cars were street racing'' and one driver lost control, crashing into the woman's vehicle, police said.

Quote:
A woman who died when a suspected street racer crashed into her vehicle in West Hills was publicly identified Saturday.

Colleen Wong, 57, was a West Hills resident, according to the coroner's office.

The crash was reported about 4:05 p.m. Friday in the 24000 block of Vanowen Street, between Valley Circle Boulevard and Platt Avenue, police said.

A man was taken to a hospital with moderate injuries. It is unknown if he was an occupant of either vehicle involved in the crash.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:51 AM

9,870 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Here's another death due to street racing.

Mother Killed When Suspected Street Racer Crashes Into Her Car "Two to three cars were street racing'' and one driver lost control, crashing into the woman's vehicle, police said.
It's seems like drag or street racing is a young driver fad right now. I see it with alot modified/suped up car many resembling cars from the Fast & Furious franchise. For decades there's it used to be if you wanted to race there were certain areas and stretches of road where few traveled especially after business hours but now it seems they want to race anywhere anytime.

RIP mother and victims

Old 03-22-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
It's seems like drag or street racing is a young driver fad right now. I see it with alot modified/suped up car many resembling cars from the Fast & Furious franchise. For decades there's it used to be if you wanted to race there were certain areas and stretches of road where few traveled especially after business hours but now it seems they want to race anywhere anytime.

RIP mother and victims

It's ridiculous, people just aren't learning

Old 04-08-2021, 02:11 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Prosecutors filed charges Wednesday (4/8/21) against the teenage driver that caused the high-speed crash that killed the 32-year old woman in Feb. 2021.

"In a statement, Ricardo Santiago, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County district attorney, said his office could not release more information because the case involves juvenile proceedings. An arraignment is scheduled for April 23."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...borghini-crash

Old 04-08-2021, 03:53 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Only adults should be driving then, if we do not want to treat a 17 year old as an adult in regards to criminal negligence in something like this.

But he is old enough to make a decision to join the military...but yet not an adult?
The age limits are not logical and never were. At 17 you can join the military and ( in most states) consent to sex, but are somehow too young to be bound to a $50/month cell phone contract.

Old 04-08-2021, 04:18 PM

1,462 posts, read 973,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Prosecutors filed charges Wednesday (4/8/21) against the teenage driver that caused the high-speed crash that killed the 32-year old woman in Feb. 2021.

"In a statement, Ricardo Santiago, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County district attorney, said his office could not release more information because the case involves juvenile proceedings. An arraignment is scheduled for April 23."

It'll be interesting to see what he gets charged with later this month.
The link below shows the damage her car received during the crash. Wow is all I can state after seeing it. I hope her family gets some justice for their daughter.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/charges-fi...023539334.html

Old 04-09-2021, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post

If any teen case should be tried as an adult, it is this case for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
It'll be interesting to see what he gets charged with later this month.
The link below shows the damage her car received during the crash. Wow is all I can state after seeing it. I hope her family gets some justice for their daughter.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/charges-fi...023539334.html
Still amazes me to look at her vehicle in the pics. I really hope he goes to jail. He needs to be charged as an adult. It's BS that he killed her but his charges are secret because of his age. I've never heard that. Normally they tell charges but not the name because they're minors.

Old 04-09-2021, 06:22 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
If any teen case should be tried as an adult, it is this case for sure.

Still amazes me to look at her vehicle in the pics. I really hope he goes to jail. He needs to be charged as an adult. It's BS that he killed her but his charges are secret because of his age. I've never heard that. Normally they tell charges but not the name because they're minors.
Even if tried as an adult, vehicular manslaughter, if that’s what they charge him with, carries a one year max sentence in California. It’s only higher if there is drinking involved or it happened during the commission of a felony. I still think the dad should be charged for allowing an unlicensed minor to drive.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 04-09-2021 at 06:39 PM..

Old 04-09-2021, 09:02 PM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Even if tried as an adult, vehicular manslaughter, if that’s what they charge him with, carries a one year max sentence in California. It’s only higher if there is drinking involved or it happened during the commission of a felony. I still think the dad should be charged for allowing an unlicensed minor to drive.
I agree! I would add the fact that the dad bought the car as well.

IF the teen had been a youtuber and bought the car himself I could give dad a little slack about it but not in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events