Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2024, 07:16 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times

Advertisements

At the very least, this guy is extremely creepy. More likely, he intended to do worse than just watch the girls sleep. I'll bet the parents of the girl who repeatedly texted for help feel horribly guilty that they apparently didn't hear the texts. But it's surprisingly easy to sleep through the text chime, so I don't fault them for that. I'm glad that the girl was able to get ahold of the family friend who came and got her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 07:30 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Yes, shocking - but they may not want to disclose all what has happened?
Not sure why was the delay - when the girl who refused to drink a smoothie got picked up at around midnight - why it took until 3 am to get the rest of the girls out of there?

Why the girl didn’t share that the man was trying to pull one of the sleeping girls upstairs?
She helped her once, but what happened in 3 hours since she left?

Where was his wife?
It wasn't three hours. If you read the affidavit that is included in the linked article, it states that the one girl's text messages to her mother came in at around 1:43 a.m. Her mother apparently slept through the text chimes so the girl had to contact other people until she finally found someone who could come and get her. By the time this happened, and the lady drove to the house and picked up the girl and took her to her own house, quite a bit of time must have elapsed. The affidavit states that when she got home and woke up her parents, they tried to contact the parents of the other girls, but were unable to reach one of them. The girl's father, and the mother of one of the other girls, went back to the house, arriving around 3:00 a.m.

To me, it sounds like there was no delay at all, from when the one girl finally got ahold of someone and the other events unfolded, until the time that her dad and the other mom were able to get back to the house. It sounds to me like it happened as quickly as it could have, under the circumstances.

Also, we don't know what the girl might have told her adult friend as they drove away from the house. Maybe the lady felt that it wouldn't be safe for her to confront the creep by herself and instead opted to get the girl home and enlist the aid of her parents. Or maybe the girl was so upset that she waited until she got home so she could talk to her parents directly. I, for one, am not going to fault a 12-year-old girl for being scared and not sure what she should do, or for an adult who isn't the parent of any of the children, and who was thrust into this situation in the middle of the night, to want to get help instead of confronting the man herself.

But yes, I do have to wonder where the creep's wife was during all this. It doesn't sound like she's been charged with anything, so I would assume that she was not a co-conspirator. But why didn't she notice what was going on? Was she asleep upstairs and thus not aware that her creepazoid husband was skulking around the basement?

Last edited by bus man; 03-04-2024 at 07:40 PM..

Old 03-04-2024, 07:37 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:

Where was his wife?

Local gossip is that the wife always seemed to be "napping" whenever the daughter had friends over.

Old 03-04-2024, 07:45 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:

Where was his wife?
Pending divorce, they were separated.

Solo dad sleepover..............ummm no chance

Old 03-05-2024, 04:16 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It wasn't three hours. If you read the affidavit that is included in the linked article, it states that the one girl's text messages to her mother came in at around 1:43 a.m. Her mother apparently slept through the text chimes so the girl had to contact other people until she finally found someone who could come and get her. By the time this happened, and the lady drove to the house and picked up the girl and took her to her own house, quite a bit of time must have elapsed. The affidavit states that when she got home and woke up her parents, they tried to contact the parents of the other girls, but were unable to reach one of them. The girl's father, and the mother of one of the other girls, went back to the house, arriving around 3:00 a.m.

To me, it sounds like there was no delay at all, from when the one girl finally got ahold of someone and the other events unfolded, until the time that her dad and the other mom were able to get back to the house. It sounds to me like it happened as quickly as it could have, under the circumstances.

Also, we don't know what the girl might have told her adult friend as they drove away from the house. Maybe the lady felt that it wouldn't be safe for her to confront the creep by herself and instead opted to get the girl home and enlist the aid of her parents. Or maybe the girl was so upset that she waited until she got home so she could talk to her parents directly. I, for one, am not going to fault a 12-year-old girl for being scared and not sure what she should do, or for an adult who isn't the parent of any of the children, and who was thrust into this situation in the middle of the night, to want to get help instead of confronting the man herself.

But yes, I do have to wonder where the creep's wife was during all this. It doesn't sound like she's been charged with anything, so I would assume that she was not a co-conspirator. But why didn't she notice what was going on? Was she asleep upstairs and thus not aware that her creepazoid husband was skulking around the basement?

Horrible that parents weren't listening for their daughters who were in someone else's home.

Thanks for the summary, I didn't read the story, can't be doing with Daily Mail UK, if anyone has a better link, I'll read it for myself..

Old 03-05-2024, 06:09 AM

16,272 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
Horrible that parents weren't listening for their daughters who were in someone else's home.

Thanks for the summary, I didn't read the story, can't be doing with Daily Mail UK, if anyone has a better link, I'll read it for myself..
https://nypost.com/2024/03/04/us-new...leepover-case/

Old 03-05-2024, 06:12 AM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

Try this?
Or do your own search for the source “Michael Mayden charged”?
He just surrendered to police a few days ago.
Not sure why it has taken so long

https://www.oregonlive.com/clackamas...source=twitter

Old 03-05-2024, 06:14 AM

27,542 posts, read 28,630,498 times
I don't let my daughter sleep over at a friend's house unless I know the parents personally and they are my friends.

No chance.

Old 03-05-2024, 07:16 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Pending divorce, they were separated.

Solo dad sleepover..............ummm no chance
The way I understood the article, the party happened in August and they separated in October.

Old 03-05-2024, 07:28 AM

2,339 posts, read 611,959 times
They definitely need to throw the book at him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events