Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2024, 12:14 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,198,142 times

Advertisements

12 y.o girls were having a sleepover at their friend’s house

The father of that girl insisted on friends drinking the smoothies he had made for them before bed.

The smoothies were laced with benzodiazepines.
It has happened in Oregon

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ke-oswego.html

I don’t know how the parents could prevent this kinds of situations - the guy was married, lived in a nice home and had a good job in Human Resources - all the cliches of a reputable family man.

Hope they throw the book at him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2024, 12:23 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Oh
My
God.

Who knows what happened to those girls who were drugged

Old 03-04-2024, 02:04 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It raises an interesting question. If you were the parent of one of the girls (I'm asking everyone hypothetically, not just Dave), would you have her examined for signs of S.A.? The examination can be as traumatizing for a young tween as the act itself, and if she has no memory of an attack, is it maybe better for her to continue not knowing? Of course monitor her for STDs and pregnancy, treat prophylactically if desired. But other than additional charges against the father, what else is there to be gained by examining them?

Old 03-04-2024, 02:16 PM

7,113 posts, read 4,830,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It raises an interesting question. If you were the parent of one of the girls (I'm asking everyone hypothetically, not just Dave), would you have her examined for signs of S.A.? The examination can be as traumatizing for a young tween as the act itself, and if she has no memory of an attack, is it maybe better for her to continue not knowing? Of course monitor her for STDs and pregnancy, treat prophylactically if desired. But other than additional charges against the father, what else is there to be gained by examining them?
I think they should be examined. The one who drank both shakes appears to know she was drugged. The one who didn’t drink any saw the others, so knew they were drugged. These girls will talk to each other I imagine.
I would bring them all together, talk with them as a group, let them know what possibly happened and why you’d want them examined. Even if they don’t actually “remember” the possible sexual contact, they’ll know why they are being examined, so I would think it would be less traumatizing for them.
And if there was any sexual stuff going on, throw that guy away for as long as possible.

Old 03-04-2024, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Oh
My
God.

Yes, shocking - but they may not want to disclose all what has happened?
Not sure why was the delay - when the girl who refused to drink a smoothie got picked up at around midnight - why it took until 3 am to get the rest of the girls out of there?

Why the girl didn’t share that the man was trying to pull one of the sleeping girls upstairs?
She helped her once, but what happened in 3 hours since she left?

Where was his wife?

Last edited by L00k4ward; 03-04-2024 at 02:45 PM..

Old 03-04-2024, 02:35 PM

7,143 posts, read 4,552,321 times
Yes I would want my child examined. If he sexually abused them he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!! As it is he drugged the girls which could have killed them. It’s lucky that one girl didn’t drink the smoothie and basically saved them all.

Old 03-04-2024, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
They were taken to the hospital and to undergo the exam you are referring to - don’t they need a permission from the parents?

If the parents didn’t want to traumatize the girls and were not realizing the depth of the depravity - the parents might not think that anything bad happened and could have declined the exam?

Hope they have a search warrant - he might have at least taken photos?
The fact that he is on such a low bail makes me think they didn’t investigate him and this crime thoroughly..

Old 03-04-2024, 04:39 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I think they should be examined. The one who drank both shakes appears to know she was drugged. The one who didn’t drink any saw the others, so knew they were drugged. These girls will talk to each other I imagine.
I would bring them all together, talk with them as a group, let them know what possibly happened and why you’d want them examined. Even if they don’t actually “remember” the possible sexual contact, they’ll know why they are being examined, so I would think it would be less traumatizing for them.
And if there was any sexual stuff going on, throw that guy away for as long as possible.
This occured last August.

Old 03-04-2024, 04:54 PM

7,113 posts, read 4,830,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This occured last August.
Ahh ok. Well, nevermind! Lol

Old 03-04-2024, 06:37 PM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Oh
My
God.

They were certainly checked for assault and with the police there it likely got to the bottom of the situation.

What a super weird story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events