Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2024, 01:53 PM

50,724 posts, read 36,424,154 times

Advertisements

This story kind of reminds me of the guy who actually killed his daughter and her friends during a sleepover, he had drugged them too. I can’t remember where it was, there was a thread about it at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2024, 01:58 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This story kind of reminds me of the guy who actually killed his daughter and her friends during a sleepover, he had drugged them too. I can’t remember where it was, there was a thread about it at the time.
Was it this - in Oklahoma? The girl was his step-daughter.

https://people.com/crime/oklahoma-sl...urder-suicide/

The guy was a sex offender just out of prison.

It was a nightmare.
I never understand why we grant instant parental rights to a spouse.

A spouse shouldn’t be allowed to become an instant relative to someone else’s child.

It is even worse when it s “a boyfriend“ or “a girlfriend” of a parent.

It is just wrong to ask a child to treat them as a parental figure

Last edited by L00k4ward; 03-05-2024 at 02:06 PM..

Old 03-05-2024, 02:00 PM

16,272 posts, read 10,398,910 times
I am very confused on the timeline. This event took place in August, after it happened is when the wife divorced him? So she was there at the time? If it happened in August why is it just now making the news? Was he really arrested 7 months later?

Old 03-05-2024, 03:10 PM

50,724 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Was it this - in Oklahoma? The girl was his step-daughter.

https://people.com/crime/oklahoma-sl...urder-suicide/

The guy was a sex offender just out of prison.

It was a nightmare.
I never understand why we grant instant parental rights to a spouse.

A spouse shouldn’t be allowed to become an instant relative to someone else’s child.

It is even worse when it s “a boyfriend“ or “a girlfriend” of a parent.

It is just wrong to ask a child to treat them as a parental figure
Yes I think that’s the one. I didn’t realize he was a sex offender. I thought they are required to alert neighbors but maybe it’s not as enforceable in rural areas.

Old 03-05-2024, 03:24 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,186,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I am very confused on the timeline. This event took place in August, after it happened is when the wife divorced him? So she was there at the time? If it happened in August why is it just now making the news? Was he really arrested 7 months later?
Slow wheels of justice?
“The warrant states police confiscated more than five bottles of Temazepam, a prescription pill used to treat insomnia per the Mayo Clinic, scales, razor blades and tools used to grind a pill into powder.

Representatives from investigating and prosecuting agencies refused to comment on the case, including any explanation for the 6-month lag time between the reported incident and the suspect's arrest.”

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...s/72842406007/

A bit more here

https://katu.com/news/local/docs-lak...ring-sleepover

He isn’t due in court until April.

Bet all the evidence is gone from his home.

While I applaud the parents of the girl and the girl herself who steadfastly refused the tainted drink, was trusting her guts to stay alert, even protecting her affected friend by moving closer to her while the suspect was trying to move her away on the bed I don’t understand why she didn’t confront the accused and didn’t try to wake up and take the other girls with her and her relative who came to pick her up?

Last edited by L00k4ward; 03-05-2024 at 03:43 PM..

Old 03-05-2024, 03:46 PM

2,651 posts, read 1,372,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Local gossip is that the wife always seemed to be "napping" whenever the daughter had friends over.
Maybe he was drugging her too in advance to get her out of the way?

Old 03-05-2024, 05:27 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,611,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
While I applaud the parents of the girl and the girl herself who steadfastly refused the tainted drink, was trusting her guts to stay alert, even protecting her affected friend by moving closer to her while the suspect was trying to move her away on the bed I don’t understand why she didn’t confront the accused and didn’t try to wake up and take the other girls with her and her relative who came to pick her up?
I think you're asking a lot of a 12-year-old girl who is essentially trapped in a house with an adult man who is acting very creepily. The affidavit says that she pretended to be asleep when he was in the room, undoubtedly in hopes that he would leave her alone long enough for her friend/relative (not clear on this point) to arrive to pick her up. I think it's more reasonable to wonder why she didn't try to wake her friends once her ride showed up and she had a friendly adult there to help her, but it's entirely possible that her only thought at that point was to get away. Remember, she's 12.

Old 03-05-2024, 05:57 PM

813 posts, read 442,048 times
1. This guy is the sickest of sick and depraved. He needs to be in jail while waiting for his case to come up. Then he needs to be put away for life. Any crime on children MUST result in the harshest of penalties.

2. What the hell is going on in the Oregon legal system? Out on bail? Are you kidding me?

3. What is going on with the Oregon police/investigators? Waiting months, not gathering as much evidence as possible, moving slower than slow on a crime as disgusting as child abuse... and maybe worse.

What happened to these children is a tragedy, and it's being compounded by a terrible state system. Add on the after effects these girls may have for life, and it breaks your heart for them. What a total disaster and disgrace.

And being a dad of, who is now 30 years old beautiful wonderful girl, I could say I would kill that pig on site. But that would be the wrong response. My princess would need her dad more than ever, and being put in prison for murder (no matter how justified) would hurt more than help my innocent child.

Old 03-05-2024, 06:50 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
There is a difference between an arrest and a grand jury indictment. What we are talking about here is a grand jury indictment. Grand juries examine evidence and hear testimonies, so it's not as if evidence hasn't been collected during an ongoing investigation. Grand jury proceedings are also kept private, so you won't read about the details in the tabloids.

Clackamas County prosecutors typically take all felonies of this nature to a grand jury to establish probable cause rather than going the preliminary hearing route.

Quote:
Bet all the evidence is gone from his home.
It's likely they searched the home the next day (that's when the probable cause affidavit begins). LE was in his house on a warrant; they confiscated several bottles of Temazepan and some stuff that he used to grind the pills into powder.

Quote:
I don’t understand why she didn’t confront the accused
Are you sure you want to go there?

Last edited by Metlakatla; 03-05-2024 at 07:17 PM..

Old 03-06-2024, 06:04 AM

30,139 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
At the very least, this guy is extremely creepy. More likely, he intended to do worse than just watch the girls sleep. I'll bet the parents of the girl who repeatedly texted for help feel horribly guilty that they apparently didn't hear the texts. But it's surprisingly easy to sleep through the text chime, so I don't fault them for that. I'm glad that the girl was able to get ahold of the family friend who came and got her.
I think you have to teach your kids that if the texts get ignored and its important call. And keep calling until they pick up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events