Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 12:47 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times

Advertisements

I like bees and spiders but I don't want to really be friends with other bugs.
I did ramp it up today. I feel kind of headachy and my eyes are burning and itchy so I did more of a low to moderate routine.
It's humid here. Unusual, so the fans are going.
Pattie, I keep thinking about it but then I don't ask - how's your arm doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
Oh, song...how nice of you to ask. It's nice to be thought of.

Arms is ok. Not 100%, but that's ok. I find if I keep up the gym work 3 times a week, I'm better off - fewer aches and less stiffness. Would I do it again? I say no, but I really don't know. It wasn't a lot of fun, that's for sure. The thing I hate the most is that I cannot completely straighten out that arm. Why my elbow stays bent when it was my shoulder that was operated on, I'll never know.

Such is life. It could have been lots worse.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:40 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassy1 View Post
Afternoon all!
LOL Karla trust you to get interviewed, that roofer probably thought "Get Karla she has already talked half the neighborhood into calling me". Come to think of it, don't you deserve commission on all of this???
lol Sandy
Actually he made a $600 donation as a thank you to my 4-H program
I have 2 more roofs coming his way(chaos's is one) so I am hoping there will be more for the kids

well my hair is done and the makeup is on lol I have enough hairspray on to to sink a ship so it will hold in this "lovely" weather I am thinking since we will be discussing the roof it will be an outside interview
plus the dogs barking will be quite the distraction

pattie you might want to ask if not being able to straighten your arm is a normal side effect but then again he may send you back to therapy

Old 06-23-2009, 01:44 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
I've known people to have that surgery and they were able to straighten their arm after, maybe he cut something that did not need to be cut
Wow Karla, you made quite the friend in that man! Hopefully he will continue to make contribution!
Evey, hopefully one of these days the house can be a newer one with no work needed

Old 06-23-2009, 01:45 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
Karla, if it's PBS, you don't really need hair and makeup!

Finally finished the 30 min. cardio, after playing mapquest for dh on the fly earlier. I might have to mention to him to tell the boss to get a GPS.

Boy is it hot here. I broke down and turned on the AC after I worked out, and now I have to get busy with my stuffs.

Stay cool everybody...if you can.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:02 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
rofl fuzzy the diet pepsi went flying when I read this

hey evey the house down the street is still for sale !!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol Sandy
Actually he made a $600 donation as a thank you to my 4-H program
I have 2 more roofs coming his way(chaos's is one) so I am hoping there will be more for the kids

well my hair is done and the makeup is on lol I have enough hairspray on to to sink a ship so it will hold in this "lovely" weather I am thinking since we will be discussing the roof it will be an outside interview
plus the dogs barking will be quite the distraction

pattie you might want to ask if not being able to straighten your arm is a normal side effect but then again he may send you back to therapy
It's very common, unfortunately. I asked the therapist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
That's right. Just comfortable shoes!

Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Does it ever straighten again Patti?

Old 06-24-2009, 08:33 AM

I don't think it will straighten for me. That's ok, I guess. Could be worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals