Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:49 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,165,129 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies
Happy Tuesday
Didn't get up until 7 so now I'm rushing to get everything done and in the shower so I can leave by 8:30

Since I didn't hear back from the woman I teach with I decided I am going to have the kids make Mother Day hug cards for their Mom's

I will also see if any of the kids took up on my challenge to try a new food over spring break.

Later I have to stop by the Dentist because the insurance company wants more X-Rays before they can determine if and how much they will pay for the implant
Ok so what is a xray of a empty place going to tell them might have to call the insurance co

rofl I have a feeling today's exercise is going to be one of frustration

What is on your list for today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,294,332 times
Maybe to show it's really empty??? Best of luck to you on that, Karla.

I did my "walk with Cheryl" this a.m. Wanted to do 3 miles, but since I haven't been walking in a while, I kept it at 2. Next week, I'll probably ramp things up a bit. We'll see how this week goes. I took the scenic walk to the clubhouse and then took a different scenic walk back. I like going by the walking paths instead of the "traditional" ways (sidewalk/road) because you see people's back yards and "lakes" and all. Yesterday, I got a chance to see an armadillo on my trek.

More weeding today. I had planned on working out back and weeding the garden behind the lanai and then doing the side garden next to the garage, but I'm expecting an overnight delivery this a.m. and I don't want them to think no one's home. So I'll do the front garden next to the house and garage. That way, I'll be right there.

OK, gang. Time to check into the Open House thread and see what questions Karla has for us, then I"ll head out. Happy Tuesday to you all.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:20 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,374,016 times
It may be wet, cold, and windy out today, but it's good to see. We need the rain, especially my grass.

No digging for me, but I will be walking later if it's not thundering. Got to get Scout stuff done, and finish my sketches. Plus there's a bunch of other things on my ever growing to do list.

Good luck with the insurance company Karla, and I know the kids will have fun no matter what you come up with.

Pattie, good for you on the walk!! Keep it up.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Thanks, Tet. I'm determined!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,274,867 times
Hey peeps!

Sue, send some of that rain here would ya? We could use it.

Just got back from the beach with Shadow. We mostly go to the river because chicken Shadow is not a fan of waves. Today the wind is blowing and there was a little bit of chop. Silly dog spent the whole time trying to bite the tops of the waves.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,557,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Hey peeps!

. Silly dog spent the whole time trying to bite the tops of the waves.
Well, they're not fattening! Oh and I think last week Shadow might have had a case of that canine condition known as G.A.D.D. (Getting Attention Deficit Disorder!) Ok, I borrowed that from an article a vet wrote.

Today I did the newer 30 min. ten pound [blah blah] workout. You might have heard my thighs screaming at one point!

Time to find some chow!

Have a good day everyone--oh and tetley Sue, I actually heard somebody (Jamie Oliver) saying "chuffed" on TV the other day! It was pretty funny! He didn't say chuffed as punch tho.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:38 PM

LOL...so that's what that noise was - scrreaming thighs!

Old 04-13-2010, 03:03 PM

7,399 posts, read 19,370,560 times
Hi everyone,

Good for you for walking 2 miles Pattie.
My exercise was going to my surgeon today. Sunday I started draining out of some of my incision and didn't know why. It was so bad, I had to keep it bandaged. Tomorrow was my 6 week checkup anyway but they wanted me to come in today. There was a stitch in me trying to work itself out so now I've got to continue the bandaging and she put me on antibiotics until I see her next Monday. She said it didn't look like an infection but sent off cultures anyway to make sure. One little tiny stitch causing all this commotion.

Anyway, you all enjoy your day.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:59 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,557,872 times
wow, I hope everything is okay Cheryl. It's good that they had you come in, instead of waiting.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,165,129 times
morning ladies
School was fun the kids loved making the cards I found out they don't get Art class like we use to so they really enjoy when they get to be creative.

The Insurance company was easy to deal with the Xray they want is the full mouth and they said "you had one done in December, So instead of paying for another one just have the old Dentist send it over. lol I was shocked that they offered a way to save money go figure
So I stopped at the new Dentist to have him take a look at the extraction spot because I kept feeling something sharp and it was really cold sensitive. Well it turns out there was a small piece of bone that surrounds the old tooth that was suppose to be inside the gum and it had worked its way out so he was able to remove it

Great job on the walking Pattie hopefully the pollen count will go down so I can headout side to do my Cheryl walk

Sue are things starting to green up in your neck of the woods ? are you over any freezes or frost ?

lol evey walking with shadow is never dull

Fuzzy I was wondering what that noise was lol now I know someone should title a set of exercise DVD Screaming body parts.

Cheryl my sister had the same thing happen with her incision she started leaking they did the same thing with her bandage & antibiotics
Will the stitch dissolve or will they remove it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals