Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 02:25 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times

Advertisements

jabbit, a Van Gogh detractor....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,597,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbit View Post
lets be honest about Dallas.

don't try to paint a pretty picture when your paint material is tainted.

its okay to paint a real picture with tainted material. be sincere with your medium.
Let's be a little more vague and not make any point. That way, people can scratch their head and say, "what was that post about anyway?" If you were referring to my post - you better back it up with examples or points or you get dismissed as a whiner.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 PM

384 posts, read 1,413,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
Let's be a little more vague and not make any point. That way, people can scratch their head and say, "what was that post about anyway?" If you were referring to my post - you better back it up with examples or points or you get dismissed as a whiner.

SENSITIVE DAY 3.0

actually i wasnt refering to your post cause i didnt read it.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
jabbit, a Van Gogh detractor....
hi 19th century... im 21st century nice to meet you again.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:56 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,688,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
The DFW area has a dozen art museums, several symphony orchestras, one of the best art/foreign/specialty film scenes in the United States, over 100 theatre companies...
Over a hundred? I'm a theater major, and spend teh bulk of my extra time searching for acting gigs. I know quite a few professional theater actors in the DFW area. There are not 100 theater companies. In fact, there are only 5 or 6 theaters to act in outside of colleges in this area. Theater Three, Water Tower, Pocket Sandwich, etc.

Quote:
Downtown Manhattan is dead at night. Downtown San Francisco i dead at night, so is dowtown Washington DC, downtown LA, etc. A downtown is a bunch of office buildings. Uptown Dallas, Deep Ellum, McKinney Ave, West End/Victory, West Village, Cedars, etc., are full of night life.
Downtown DC and downtown LA are not dead at night. You should try visiting them sometime. Cant speak on SF, haven't been down there at night.

Quote:

You're out of your mind, or completely unreasonable. Is there a taxing jurisdiction in the USA where people without children are exempt from school taxes? If so, it's not a general rule to which Dallas is an exception.
Most states, if you don't have kids, you don't pay school taxes. Read up on it.

Quote:
The vast majority of cities in the United States and Europe, for one are lacking tall mountains in the city limits. Major European cities are not on the seacoast. Actually, Dallas has dozens of beaches on the lakes, all of them very wet.
Comparing the shore of a lake to the beach is laughable. Let it be known that most of the lakes in DFW are man made.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Over a hundred? I'm a theater major, and spend teh bulk of my extra time searching for acting gigs. I know quite a few professional theater actors in the DFW area. There are not 100 theater companies. In fact, there are only 5 or 6 theaters to act in outside of colleges in this area. Theater Three, Water Tower, Pocket Sandwich, etc.

Downtown DC and downtown LA are not dead at night. You should try visiting them sometime. Cant speak on SF, haven't been down there at night.

Comparing the shore of a lake to the beach is laughable. Let it be known that most of the lakes in DFW are man made.

rep points for that.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:17 PM

2,394 posts, read 8,597,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Maybe instead of making sarcastic statements, you can actually back it up with examples?

Old 08-09-2007, 03:23 PM

937 posts, read 2,907,542 times
I lived in downtown LA for about a year several years ago. Yes it is kind of dead in the downtown area. We always drove to different areas of the city to go do something.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:25 PM

670 posts, read 2,999,463 times
Quote:
Maybe instead of making sarcastic statements, you can actually back it up with examples?
I honestly am curious to what states these are as well.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:28 PM

418 posts, read 1,785,266 times
Quote:

Yes, some examples would be nice. I've never heard of this before. I asked my friends in AR, NH and GA and they all pay school taxes (and don't have kids).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas