Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 PM

1,528 posts, read 6,295,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
OMY!!! YOU DRANK THE KOOLAID!!! There is NO WAY any of these cities are going to get annexed by the City of Dallas. It would cost the city WAY TOO MUCH money and money they don't have. Do you have any idea at all how much would be spent on legal fees alone to fight such? Then add in the costs of revamping ALL of the infrastructure. Good golly, what are they teaching in the schools nowadays. The costs to change everything would far outweigh ANY benefit that would come from the additional tax revenue. Which is the ONLY reason why cities annex land to start with.
Yes, but Dallas is a person at a restaurant and came real hungry annex a whole bunch and now is getting full and going to eat all the little sides. Big Cities like Garland and Irving are going home in a Doggy bag, but will eventually get eaten.
How is Fort Worth Evil? if I was Fort Worth I would want to catch up with us too. Fort Worth Is significantly less significant () then Dallas, they're over shadowed. You type in Fort worth Skyline on Google and it comes up with pictures of Dallas. i don't care, were all Dallas Fort Worthians (is that right) to me.

Last edited by CMDallas; 11-29-2007 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,927,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajo58 View Post
Like that would do a lot of good. Fort Worth is just evil, as I have been saying and keep having to repeat to you, they are just annexing land so they can catch up and overtake Dallas. They don't need that land.
They are NOT annexing or trying to annex the land to "catch up to Dallas". The ONLY reason a city will annex land is if it bring them tax dollars. Being bigger than another city has nothing to do with it. Cities do it all the time. Here are a couple of questions:
Does your area recieve any kind of city service from Ft Worth?
Water?
Garbage pick up?
Emergency response?
Road repairs, up keep, improvements, etc?

If so then suck it up as it will happen. IF that is the case then the city is already shelling out money to help the residents in that area w/o getting any benefit from it. The area your in could be contracting w/ the city for any of these services and the money is paid to the city via the county tax dollars you pay in an agreement. Then it is pretty much already "part of Ft Worth". If your area is NOT receiving ANY service whatsoever from Ft Worth and/or its entities then you have a fight on your hands. There have been plenty of small outlying areas that have successfully fought annexiation and it can happen. But sometimes it does become a better deal to be annexed by a city that can provide the services the residents want and require. If your related to the other poster Pamela who mentioned her grandmother think of this: Your elderly grandmother lives in an unincorporated area w/ no emergency service. The county may contract w/ an ambulance service to respond to calls and this can take up to 20-30 minutes for them to arrive. They are not sitting at a fire station a few miles away. Your grandmother falls and can't get up to walk or drive herself to the doctor or hospital. She NEEDS the EMT's ASAP! She is having trouble breathing, heart attack, etc. As I said it could take a good 20-30 minutes for the contract EMT's to respond. If a city provided EMT was w/in 5 miles of her home they could have saved her. Or this but not as bad as the previous: Your roads get beaten down to nothing. Get so bad they wash out after a heavy rain and the school buses can not get down the road to pick up the kids. The county takes a lot longer to get out and repair roads. It takes A LOT to get them to fix these backroads (trust me, I own property in an unincorporated area). If it were city owned and maintained you can attend city hall meetings and pester the dickens out of your council member that represents you. Heck, even YOU could run for city council and actually be a part of policy setting and future annexations for the city.

Another scenario and this is common. A very small unincorporated area or very, teeny-tiny city when fearing annexation from a REALLY large city they don't actually see eye to eye with will approach another city to annex them. They will go to the much smaller city than the big bad one to be annexed by them instead. Most do this willingly. Recently the city of Hebron shuttered up and signed off to be annexed. Good things can come from it.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:27 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,641,242 times
Quote:
Oh this is just too easy.............. I almost feel bad, not. Just to let the rest of you Dallasites know we are not the only city/state the op and the "others" have posted on with some darn prety funny stuff. Ya really gotta check this out. Here are some snippets and one poster did come back with a stinkin funny remark, lol. Anyway,

Posts by Brajo in the California board, the comments and the link:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ml#post2124925
"What California Beaches Are Open During The Winter??
I am planning a trip there in January."
Comeback from "Charles":
Every ten years the County Beaches are required to be closed when the ocean is drained for routine maintenance."

Post by Brajo on the Miami board:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami...ml#post2122706
"Are Miami Beaches Still Open For Swimming??
Or are they closed already??"

Post by bjohns on the Florida board:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...ml#post2124325
"Where is the water still warm enough for swimming at this time of year??
Like beaches, outdoor swimming pools, etc."

Post by bjohns on the Florida board:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...ml#post2124127
"Where is the water still warm enough for swimming??
Can anyone tell me which warm parts of Florida the beaches and swimming pools are still open for business??"

I'm thinking mom and dad are not home and jr has the computer and the mommies laptop. And they both posted under Arkansas as did Pamela. That means lil sis has daddies laptop. Gosh, their parents are AT THE COWBOY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awfully dang proud of ya momof2, I was wondering how long it would be before one of the Dallas peeps would get it that they were being played by someone posing as three different posters on all of these lame threads. I think I have cut the crap, at least for now....but I'll be patrolin' around here for awhile longer just in case

Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,162,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
awfully dang proud of ya momof2, I was wondering how long it would be before one of the Dallas peeps would get it that they were being played by someone posing as three different posters on all of these lame threads. I think I have cut the crap, at least for now....but I'll be patrolin' around here for awhile longer just in case
Thanks jammer..I thought this might be who you were trailing....LOL

Old 11-29-2007, 08:46 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,770,723 times
>>Comeback from "Charles":
Every ten years the County Beaches are required to be closed when the ocean is drained for routine maintenance."<<

Ha! LOL!

Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,927,028 times
Oh dear, brajo wants to know if Texarkana is one city or two. Somebody, please............... when is bedtime for these kids and what on earth are they teaching them or not in school. Slap me, please. LOL!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...-one-city.html

Time for MY koolaid:
Cranberry Twist w/ Vodka shaken please

Old 11-29-2007, 10:07 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,162,908 times
Quote:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...-one-city.html

Time for MY koolaid:
Cranberry Twist w/ Vodka shaken please

Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 AM

2,394 posts, read 8,603,319 times
They're renaming the airport to FW-d Airport

Old 11-30-2007, 10:07 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,201,386 times
Lakewooder levity:

Why would we want to annex a surfeit of senescent suburbs?

Old 12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 11 days ago)

52,722 posts, read 48,039,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohns View Post
Fort Worth is trying to be bigger than Dallas by annexing miles and miles of land gowing outwards towards Oklahoma and the west. They are not as glamorous or influential as dallas and most people out in that land outside of Fort Worth doesen't want to be a part of the city anyway.
What you'll have to hope for is that the cities that surround Fort Worth will have to expand their boundaries; the Benbrooks, the White Settlements, the Haslets, the Justins, the Lake Worths, the Burlesons, and so on, thereby locking Fort Worth in. If y'all are so worried about FW having more square miles than Dallas, that's precisely the thing that will have to happen.

As for Dallas, they can still add more people and homes within the boundaries they have now. It can be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas