Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 11:06 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,580,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
Now, to anyone who has to WORK all day outside, I feel bad for them right now.
The best thing ever for my life and work ethic was a summer in 1992 that I spent doing roofing work in Austin, while in college.

Busted my A$$ and gave me an appreciation for what I have. To this day, I'll randomly grab a 12'er of cold ones, dump them in a bag of ice and leave them at a job site.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:20 PM

6,697 posts, read 9,954,100 times
Dallas (Love Field)

103°F

Humidity 30%
Dew point 66°F
Visibility 10.00 mi
Heat Index 108°F
Last update 23 Jul 2:53 pm CDT

Old 07-23-2018, 04:20 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
You are tough. Why no indoor play?
A. My club does not have indoor courts.
B. All play before noon and after 5pm has not bothered me so far this summer.

But I've been outside all summer. Acclimated. Hydrated, etc.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:38 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,269,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
I have no idea. I just threw it out there as something researchers are looking into to explain the higher depression and suicide rates in the Rocky Mountains. On the Denver forums, some people say altitude in the Mile High City makes their depression worse but then others say their depression gets better or stabilizes. I do think that I personally do feel better in a lower altitude area but maybe other factors are coming into play as well. I don't know, but it makes sense to me that high altitude could easily tamper with chemicals in the body/brain possibly resulting in mood changes.
I've never noticed that personally. Long hot summers drain me and get me down more than cold or high altitude do though. I was born over a mile high though and find I think more clearly at higher elevations with lower humidity. I don't think everyone is like me, but I think a decent number are.

I think there are so many different factors with individuals chemistry that I'm sure for certain people altitude is one of them, I'm just pointing out that in the case of these suicides I think the altitude is probably a secondary cause in a minority of cases at the very most.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:52 PM

989 posts, read 2,442,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
South West isn't as good of a deal as it used to be, and I find better deals out of DFW usually for where I'm going.
Southwest is garbage these days. They are (almost) always more expensive than the competitors. Need to go back to being competitively priced.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:59 PM

937 posts, read 744,500 times
Quote:
I've never noticed that personally. Long hot summers drain me and get me down more than cold or high altitude do though. I was born over a mile high though and find I think more clearly at higher elevations with lower humidity. I don't think everyone is like me, but I think a decent number are.
I like mountains and don't mind cold weather, but I do need plants and trees. I've found that I get most down in brown, desert-like places.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:14 PM

989 posts, read 2,442,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe333 View Post
I like mountains and don't mind cold weather, but I do need plants and trees. I've found that I get most down in brown, desert-like places.

Not sure I could ever get down if I had views like this every day!

Old 07-23-2018, 06:30 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,898,816 times
Quote:

I think there are so many different factors with individuals chemistry that I'm sure for certain people altitude is one of them, I'm just pointing out that in the case of these suicides I think the altitude is probably a secondary cause in a minority of cases at the very most.
Altitude is the thing that bothers me the most, but I have asthma. I need thick sea level air.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:37 PM

80 posts, read 73,479 times
To each their own. Texas is depressing to me. This heat isn't helping. Give me rain, give me evergreens, give me mountains, oceans, and lakes. I moved here for work two weeks ago and have never been so miserable in my life. I am committed to a year here and for me the countdown has begun. There is zero geographical appeal here. No real environmental concern. So sad.

Old 07-23-2018, 07:12 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,269,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeliza View Post
To each their own. Texas is depressing to me. This heat isn't helping. Give me rain, give me evergreens, give me mountains, oceans, and lakes. I moved here for work two weeks ago and have never been so miserable in my life. I am committed to a year here and for me the countdown has begun. There is zero geographical appeal here. No real environmental concern. So sad.
It's genuinely depressing how many people litter here.

I'm about as conservitarian as they come, but I always grew up not littering and when camping (or even like...ever?) I mean come on, try to not ruin the place for the next guest. I see people trash Texas every day and it annoys me to no end. I gave my roommate (Native Texan 5th generation) a lecture about not littering last week, I don't think he appreciated it, but I simply don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas