Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 09:56 PM

31 posts, read 45,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Generally speaking, your dating pool will be thin in Dallas, but probably better than what you are dealing with in Phoenix. Moving to Dallas will not solve your dating issues. If you wanted to make a move that had a better probability of solving your dating issues, I would recommend moving to Atlanta instead of Dallas. Atlanta has a much larger African American dating scene than Dallas.

I, as a white male have good luck dating in Atlanta when I'm there and terrible luck in Dallas. There truly seems to be more single women out and about in Atlanta versus Dallas, so I might caution moving to a city that actually shows men at a slight advantage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 04:59 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar1013 View Post
I, as a white male have good luck dating in Atlanta when I'm there and terrible luck in Dallas. There truly seems to be more single women out and about in Atlanta versus Dallas, so I might caution moving to a city that actually shows men at a slight advantage.
The sex ratio of single women relative to single men in Atlanta vs Dallas is closer to being balanced when the age group of 20-34 is considered. Per every 1,000 singles in Atlanta in that age group, there are 40 excess males. In Dallas, there are 63 excess males. In both cities, men are at a disadvantage.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:17 AM

31 posts, read 45,437 times
Quote:

Are there any decent sized cities where men have an advantage in that age range?

Old 05-25-2019, 11:24 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,989 times
Quote:
Are there any decent sized cities where men have an advantage in that age range?
Jackson, Mississippi and Mobile, Alabama are the only decent sized cities where single women outnumber single men in the 20-34 age range. Both of those cities have a population in the high 100,000s.

Old 05-26-2019, 08:35 PM

16 posts, read 28,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
The the OP. I am an african american male from the Raleigh-Durham area originally. Now living in Dallas and have family in Phoenix. Dallas is much more diverse than Phoenix. My friend group consists of fellow African Americans, Mexican, Dominican, Indian, Pakistani Jordanian, Chinese, Caucasian, Nigerian, Jamaican and others.

To Dallas' benefit the economy here is so strong that a lot of open thinkers and very diverse singles have been drawn to the area with all the corporate locations in recent years and in the AA community there is a strong network of business professionals and various restaurants and bars around. If you need info on some of the hangouts feel free to IM me Addison is the bullseye for the young and single along with uptown/downtown also consider Kessler park, Richardson as well as Irving and Plano.

You should do just fine here. And personally I prefer Dallas (and Houston) to Atlanta. Also, please don't limit your friend group and consider dating someone of a different ethnicity. Two of my new friends are a really cool Indian guy and Caucasian girl and they are the coolest.
Hope I’m replying correctly this thing is a little confusing . Thank you for the info . Are you referring to uptown and downtown as living ? Any zip codes so I can know what to search for ? I don’t have a limit on dating just preference but def open as I have White and Mexican friends as well and my dad is from Nigeria :-)

Old 05-26-2019, 08:40 PM

Taynxtlvl

Hope I’m replying correctly this thing is a little confusing . Thank you for the info . Are you referring to uptown and downtown as living ? Any zip codes so I can know what to search for ? I don’t have a limit on dating just preference but def open as I have White and Mexican friends as well and my dad is from Nigeria :-)

Old 05-26-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
I’m an African American, 40, educated and have a great job in management. I also own my own home. I would love to meet you!
That would be great. I’m still another 2-3 months or so out until my actually move

Old 05-27-2019, 06:23 AM

2,995 posts, read 3,099,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda86 View Post
That would be great. I’m still another 2-3 months or so out until my actually move
Looks like we have a potential LOVE CONNECTION!!! Haha.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:12 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,617,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda86 View Post
Wanted to get input on moving from Arizona to Dallas Texas. Multitude of reasons why I want to move but let’s some it up as a much needed change. I’ve been planing this move for 10 years and now that I’m older I think it’s time . I’m 31 years old, single, no children, masters degree wanting to move to a town similar to Phoenix with cost of living. I’m extra excited about the possibility of being around more African Americans and the dating scene . Can anyone give me their experience on the dating scene in Dallas Texas? This age I’m not too into going to the club although I go here and there, i’m kind of over all of that and ready to settle down and marriage and kids before my eggs expire lol. The dating scene is Arizona is very ughhh. A lot of the men even in there 30’s have nothing together. It’s hard to find someone with triple combo Good job, Car and own place and those are just the basics to start without even going into personalities etc. Hoping Texas will be a good move for me. Seems huge I don’t know what part to move in Dallas . My job would transfer me to 75244 zip code I believe. I heard Addison and farmers branch is a little more upscale. The perfect location for me is a location that has some successful African American middle age men between 30-40 of good quality and also has weekend activities that are not to far whether it’s paint and sit, day drinking places, top golf, etc . Phoenix doesn’t have a lot of entertainment but I’m fine being a home body but can’t meet people at home . What cities or zip codes or areas in Dallas would you recommend ?
Hey Ronda! I'm a 34 year old black male that's very familiar with the DFW black scene and can probably help you out. I actually live in Houston but me and my wife are looking into moving to DFW next year and I've been going to DFW as a single man in my 20s and early 30s before getting married. I grew up an hour and 30 mins from DFW(East Texas) and use to go to school in Waco,Texas which is an hour from DFW. SUPER familiar. Have a couple of ex's so I know a thing or two about the dating scene.

First off DFW has about 1,000,000 and growing rapidly. Phoenix has about 240,000 plus so it's a big difference in the black scene in both these areas. Most Black people in DFW stay in the southern suburbs. You'll find many middle age well to do Black Men in predominately black suburbs like Desoto, Cedar Hill, Grand Prairie(more mixed) and parts of Arlington. I think your best best and I say this with any city is to get an Instagram account and start following black groups in the city your moving to. Just search #blackDallas or something along those lines and it'll take you down a rabbit hole of information that some people are not aware of. Follow AffluentBlacks on Instagram. They always have a pop up day party or some kind of event going on for 30 something and up black professionals in DFW.

Dallas has a reputation of not having enough black spaces for black professionals. Me personally I've experienced different but I understand what people mean. Their comparing DFW to places like Atlanta, Houston, DMV(D.C.). DFW actually has a pretty good AA social scene it's just more spread out and not as centralized as some of those cities. Places I would recommend for you to check out would be:

1. The Island Spot( always a social event at this spot)
2.Turkish Café and Lounge(Plano, not a gang of AA crowds but don't sleep on Plano for a good night out)
3.Park Avenue Dallas(club but older crowd)
4.In Fretta
5.Osiris Lounge
6.Union Park
7.Heros Grill

Just to name a few. Like I stated before it's always something to do in Dallas and once you hit up one of these spots it'll open the door for more social events you can attend geared towards us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
Generally speaking, this is a tough dating scene. As someone who has lived in both Phoenix and Dallas and dated in both cities, they are semi-similar. I think the quality of people is higher in Dallas, but my experiences dating as a white male are quite different than the dating experiences of an African American woman. Moat of my romantic interactions during my time in Dallas have been with white women, with some Hispanic women in there as well.

Generally speaking, your dating pool will be thin in Dallas, but probably better than what you are dealing with in Phoenix. Moving to Dallas will not solve your dating issues. If you wanted to make a move that had a better probability of solving your dating issues, I would recommend moving to Atlanta instead of Dallas. Atlanta has a much larger African American dating scene than Dallas.
I strongly disagree with this and again because your a white male I don't know if your qualified to speak on the dating scene as far as AA's. I never had ANY issues dating black women in DFW. And I've been dating black women in Dallas since college. I would literally drive up to Dallas on a Friday night and could easily get a date within that same night that easy. It's plenty of single people out there and plenty of events and venues to meet singles in the city. Or one can always use a dating service in either of those cities and explore what's out there. Also in my opinion DFW is probably the better place to be for Black families due to the schools being better than other cities with a predominately black student body. I'm speaking more so the suburbs of DFW not the actual city of Dallas. Trust me, the schools in Houston for predominately black students are not as great in comparison to DFW and that goes for Atlanta and DMV as well.

Also I lived in Atlanta for 2 years and can tell you that there are horror stories galore from Black women dating experience living there. When I moved there I generally got the feeling that Black women were relieved to find out I wasn't originally from Atlanta. It's this perception that there are so many downlow Black Men in Atlanta on top of the fact Women outnumber Men in the professional world at a decent rate that it makes it even more difficult for black women in the dating scene in Atlanta. I would hear the complaints much more in Atlanta than I did in Dallas. In DFW you would just mostly get, "Where's the black spaces at". In Atlanta you get, "Either he gay or trapping or running a scam".

In all honesty I think it's the individuals and not the city. People just use the city as an excuse as to why there bad at dating. If it's a major city you should be perfectly find plus there's too many dating sites out there to make it easier in the dating scene. I'm originally from a small city where it's slim pickens after you reach a certain age.

Old 05-27-2019, 02:41 PM

Default Redlionjr

Redlionjr you completely read my mind on a couple of things. The exact reason why I would never move to Atlanta because of the perception of being on the down low that’s my first response when someone mentions Atlanta . I will definitely try those hashtags on Instagram the only thing that I’ve done so far on Instagram is #Blackstylist for hair stylist but didn’t think to try blackdallas but will do. Very familiar with Waco, TX because I watch home improvement channel all day it’s always in Waco . I’ve been told to look into Arlington as a possibility I haven’t heard of the other cities but will check them out . I’ll save all those spots to check it out . I figure once I socialize at a few spots I’ll def have a better idea of great socializing spots and all else fails the dating app for sure so I’m just really try to determine where to live. So many subcities and options . Thanks for detailed response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas