Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 09:18 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,393,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post

I strongly disagree with this and again because your a white male I don't know if your qualified to speak on the dating scene as far as AA's. I never had ANY issues dating black women in DFW. And I've been dating black women in Dallas since college. I would literally drive up to Dallas on a Friday night and could easily get a date within that same night that easy. It's plenty of single people out there and plenty of events and venues to meet singles in the city. Or one can always use a dating service in either of those cities and explore what's out there. Also in my opinion DFW is probably the better place to be for Black families due to the schools being better than other cities with a predominately black student body. I'm speaking more so the suburbs of DFW not the actual city of Dallas. Trust me, the schools in Houston for predominately black students are not as great in comparison to DFW and that goes for Atlanta and DMV as well.

Also I lived in Atlanta for 2 years and can tell you that there are horror stories galore from Black women dating experience living there. When I moved there I generally got the feeling that Black women were relieved to find out I wasn't originally from Atlanta. It's this perception that there are so many downlow Black Men in Atlanta on top of the fact Women outnumber Men in the professional world at a decent rate that it makes it even more difficult for black women in the dating scene in Atlanta. I would hear the complaints much more in Atlanta than I did in Dallas. In DFW you would just mostly get, "Where's the black spaces at". In Atlanta you get, "Either he gay or trapping or running a scam".

In all honesty I think it's the individuals and not the city. People just use the city as an excuse as to why there bad at dating. If it's a major city you should be perfectly find plus there's too many dating sites out there to make it easier in the dating scene. I'm originally from a small city where it's slim pickens after you reach a certain age.
It's definitely going to be different for white men vs black men. For white men in most cities the ratio of single males is much higher. Dallas is probably even worse in that aspect. Dallas is probably more balanced for black males than cities like Houston, DC, and certainly Atlanta which is good for the OP. However, a single professional black male is not going to have an issue meeting black women in most major cities though and certainly not Dallas either. I think DarkStar is saying the same thing as you are actually, the ratio for males is better in Atlanta than Dallas for all men. Despite that, I met a ton of professional women that I dated when I was in Dallas. In Atlanta it's just overwhelming and too much at times. That being said I know plenty of women in Atlanta who are attractive and they have no issue meeting heterosexual males so even though there's definitely an issue with the ratios, I think it is exaggerating and used by an excuse by some as to why their dating life isn't going how they want it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 10:36 AM

16 posts, read 13,122 times
Being brutally honest here........just what a big city needs........another extremely desperate person.

If you just want to "date", then by all means........DFW has more than enough liars, cheats, frauds, players, alcoholics, druggies, users and abusers.....more than you could possibly date in three lifetimes.

If you are looking for a meaningful relationship with an actual human being, then I'd seriously advise you to look somewhere else.

Realistically speaking, the more "choices" there are, the least positive results you are going to have.
You might look at some cities with populations under 300,000. Of course the more desperate someone is, the smaller the population needs to be.

Old 05-30-2019, 01:01 PM

16 posts, read 28,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterv View Post
Being brutally honest here........just what a big city needs........another extremely desperate person.

If you just want to "date", then by all means........DFW has more than enough liars, cheats, frauds, players, alcoholics, druggies, users and abusers.....more than you could possibly date in three lifetimes.

If you are looking for a meaningful relationship with an actual human being, then I'd seriously advise you to look somewhere else.

Realistically speaking, the more "choices" there are, the least positive results you are going to have.
You might look at some cities with populations under 300,000. Of course the more desperate someone is, the smaller the population needs to be.
Well who hurt you Chester lol? Sensing a lot of bitterness? Maybe a bad expierence that you’ve had ? If u need someone to talk to I’m here! Those people everywhere. Thanks for your opinion I’ll keep in my back pocket . Good day sir :-)

Old 05-30-2019, 01:06 PM

16 posts, read 28,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
It's definitely going to be different for white men vs black men. For white men in most cities the ratio of single males is much higher. Dallas is probably even worse in that aspect. Dallas is probably more balanced for black males than cities like Houston, DC, and certainly Atlanta which is good for the OP. However, a single professional black male is not going to have an issue meeting black women in most major cities though and certainly not Dallas either. I think DarkStar is saying the same thing as you are actually, the ratio for males is better in Atlanta than Dallas for all men. Despite that, I met a ton of professional women that I dated when I was in Dallas. In Atlanta it's just overwhelming and too much at times. That being said I know plenty of women in Atlanta who are attractive and they have no issue meeting heterosexual males so even though there's definitely an issue with the ratios, I think it is exaggerating and used by an excuse by some as to why their dating life isn't going how they want it.
I can see your point behind that. I mean it’s not like Phoenix is the worst dating scene as I’m sure atl isn’t either . I just want to move to Dallas for a change and it’s only 5 hours away from home so while I’m there I might as well get all the scoop possible before I make the move. Thank you for the feedback

Old 05-30-2019, 03:26 PM

319 posts, read 228,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
I’m an African American, 40, educated and have a great job in management. I also own my own home. I would love to meet you!
Told you Ronda, you will get married quick down here lol

Old 06-27-2019, 06:25 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,359,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar1013 View Post
There are way more men here than women, so I guess that is a positive.
no there is not WAY more men than women...

Old 06-27-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Atlanta is pretty family friendly and REGULAR outside of a few hot spots honestly. There’s even family friendly neighborhoods inside the perimeter(ITP). I moved to Atlanta with my wife and due to our careers we’re definitely in the mix of a lot of scenes with young single socialites. Our marriage was threatened at all. Depends on the ppl. Me and my wife are thinking about moving back honestly with our child of course. DC has plenty of family friendly suburbs surrounding the city as well. Can’t speak on LA or NYC like that. I do think the metroplex as a whole have better public schools which is a big plus for a family. That’s why me and my wife are also considering moving to DFW even over Houston.
I lived in D.C., am from Houston and now live in Dallas. . D.C. and Atlanta are the most similar metro areas I know given their size and demographics. Houston is great for its food scene which I would say is the best in the South for overall diversity and quality. Its also the most diverse metro. BUT that said, I'd pick D/FW as my more comfortable as I like that there are some big cities here but also some nice old feel suburbs with their squares, place the lakes and really drive time wise the most centralized, i.e. not more than five hours from most of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and much of Louisiana. Also, in terms of flying there are more flights out of D/FW than all sunbelt cities but Atlanta and there is plenty capacity available to grow connections at D/FW International. Also D/FW has the most diverse economy which is good in terms of have a stable employment base.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda86 View Post
Okay oaklawn. What zip code is the trinity grove that you were referring too?

People are steering toward just west of downtown but depending on where you work Funky Deep Ellum or over by White Rock Lake Park or up by Richardson are some real nice areas. I work in Richardson. Also I'm surprised no one has mentioned Las Colinas. Its a Master Planned Community in Irving in the northwest area of Dallas County. it has rail access, midway between both airports, and has some huge employers there like Exxon/Mobil, Citibank, Fluor Engineering, 7-11 corporate, Microsoft, La Quita Hotels HQ, Zales, AT&T, Verizon, Kimberly-Clark (Maker of pampers, Kleenex), Container Store. It has the Four Season Resort, thousands of Apartments, Pin Stack bowling, lots of shopping and near five highways.

Old 06-27-2019, 09:25 PM

31 posts, read 45,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
no there is not WAY more men than women...

Taken as a whole you are correct. In the 18 to 34 single age demographics, you couldn't be more wrong.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar1013 View Post
Taken as a whole you are correct. In the 18 to 34 single age demographics, you couldn't be more wrong.
Can't contest that...as its been a while since I last lived there and amongst AAs, for a number of reasons, there are fewer eligible men than women nationwide. Atlanta, given its number of HBCUs, would like skew that even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas