Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 02:34 PM

15,540 posts, read 10,524,428 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 11:10 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,272,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
This is how fall is in colder parts of the world. Maybe not what you're used to in Texas. I actually had a nice long nature walk this morning and really enjoyed it.
What makes this feel so cold is the wind and humidity. 70% humidity with wind makes 34F feel much colder than it is. I mean that's very high humidity for near-freezing temps.

Id take a 20 in a lot of places over 40 in Dallas.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:59 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,082,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
What makes this feel so cold is the wind and humidity. 70% humidity with wind makes 34F feel much colder than it is. I mean that's very high humidity for near-freezing temps.

Id take a 20 in a lot of places over 40 in Dallas.
It was really strange for me yesterday morning, to have such severe thunderstorms and temperatures in the 40s. I don't think I've experienced that before...thunderstorms have always been a warm weather phenomenon where I've lived.

Old 10-31-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
It was really strange for me yesterday morning, to have such severe thunderstorms and temperatures in the 40s. I don't think I've experienced that before...thunderstorms have always been a warm weather phenomenon where I've lived.
Yeah, Dallas is more humid in the winter than the summer. Freezing rain. That plus the wind really bite into ya.

Old 10-31-2019, 12:49 PM

194 posts, read 181,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Definitely usually warm weather events - however I have experienced Thunder Snow!! Now that is really odd! lol

You know it’s cold when you HS freshman son actually puts on a jacket in the morning! (Shorts of course still on and it was a light jacket) “Feels like temp” was 21!! Yikes!

Old 10-31-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiTer View Post
Definitely usually warm weather events - however I have experienced Thunder Snow!! Now that is really odd! lol

You know it’s cold when you HS freshman son actually puts on a jacket in the morning! (Shorts of course still on and it was a light jacket) “Feels like temp” was 21!! Yikes!
LOL when I was that age I would wear boots, shorts and a Tshirt to feed the animals in the morning even in the winter. Guess that's a HS boy thing.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:42 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,250,189 times
This week was a bit of an anomaly... it's rare to get a freeze warning this suddenly after mild weather, usually we have lows in the 30's and 40's for a couple weeks before we'll dip into the 20's as a "polar vortex" comes through (meteorologists love that term!)

Had to go out yesterday to unhook the hoses and cover the faucets outside, I don't think I've ever had to do that in October, got down to 29 last night.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:12 PM

Though it started out cold humid and windy, this afternoon turned out to be a beautiful crisp afternoon capped off with a real western sunset. Honestly one of the more pleassnt aftetnoons in the 10 years ive lived here. A great couple hours after getting off work!

Old 11-01-2019, 09:24 AM

5,266 posts, read 6,416,420 times
Quote:
Yeah, Dallas is more humid in the winter than the summer. Freezing rain. That plus the wind really bite into ya.

Why would you say that? December and January are among the least rainy months in DFW, generally with less rain than July and August. That's why it doesn't snow much in Dallas. The winter is dry.

The is also why relative humidity should be dropped.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:30 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,082,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
Why would you say that? December and January are among the least rainy months in DFW, generally with less rain than July and August. That's why it doesn't snow much in Dallas. The winter is dry.

The is also why relative humidity should be dropped.
Also I wonder why he's discussing high humidity in the winter when it is fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas