Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:08 AM

18 posts, read 75,227 times

Advertisements

Can anyone shed any light on this neighborhood for me. My wife and I have been looking up there in Frisco and were intrigued by this neighborhood because of its location on the lake and the unique mix of homes in the neighborhood. I can tell that it is currently still a little country feel, but is there any plans for it to become part of the city in the future? Are there any other options for homes in communities on Lake Lewisville that anyone can recommend? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 03:14 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,254,649 times
That is indeed a tucked neighborhood of Frisco. There are a few homes that are beauties with the tile roofs...

Is in the Little Elm ISD. All the homes have large lots. All homes are also on a septic system. There is a voluntary HOA. I do now know of any plans of annexation.

I suspect that the values will go up here because of the Tribute down the road as well as the new shopping center going up at 423 and Lebanon.

Stewart Peninsula, The Waters Edge, in The Colony, Stardust Ranch and Cottonwood Pointe and not too far is Sunrise Bay, Rustic Bay in Little Elm are other waterfront communities. Another real small community in Little Elm called Paloma Creek

Naima

Old 04-30-2008, 05:41 AM

595 posts, read 2,722,288 times
Had some good friends that lived out there for a long time. Be careful if you are lake front...they came within about 2 feet of being flooded out twice in 15 years. Gorgous area though.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:00 PM

9 posts, read 77,298 times
Default Shopping Center at 423 and Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
I suspect that the values will go up here because of the Tribute down the road as well as the new shopping center going up at 423 and Lebanon.
Naima, do you have any info on the shopping center? Will it have a grocery store and lots of satellite retail, restaurants, etc? I'm interested because we'll be moving to The Tribute later this year. BTW, I hope there are plans to widen 423 and improve the traffic signal at that intersection. Surely that is in the works. (Reply: "Don't call me surely.")

Old 06-17-2008, 09:24 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,254,649 times
There is already a Starbucks that has opened there, plans for a Walgreens have been approved. I don't think there are any firm plans for others vendors yet. The SE corner is supposed to have a grocery store, either a Tom Thumb or Kroger, aslso a gas station but things can change.

I'll post any new info I will come across.

Naima

Old 02-13-2009, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 11,712 times
I live in this neighborhood and will be glad to respond to any questions if you are still looking for information.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 11,712 times
Default Wynnwood Haven

This neighborhood has appreciated significantly since we moved here 5 years ago. We bought a house with a lot next to it. We paid $75,000. for the lot and sold it a year later for $149,000. We should have kept it because it is now worth about $270,000. There are very few lake lots left in the neighborhood and only 1 is for sale. I expect that there will be homes sold as tear downs in a few years. The land around this neighborhood has just been annexed into The Colony and the developers of the Tribute will be developing it into residential with some office/retail. The lake homes in that developement will be on much smaller lots and will start at a much higher price point than anything in Wynnwood Haven, according to the origional plans. I have sold homes in here for years and I have seen prices go from $100. a sq ft to $205. a sq ft.(the last home I sold in Wynnwood Haven) It is a good neighborhood but many of the older homes have had foundation problems over the years because of the flucuation of the lake level from droughts to floods. It is very important to get good disclosure statements and have thorough inspections done on any house you might consider. The new marina being built across the cove will probably begin to impact values in this neighborhood because it is going to have some great ammenities. The shopping center at Lebanon and 423 is not going so well. The Starbucks has closed and nothing else has opened, but the Walgreens seems to be doing well. The Tribute is a easy place to get a quick meal and is just down the street.

Last edited by cindy massengale; 02-13-2009 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 04-19-2015, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 2,250 times
There is no problem with houses flooding in the Wynnwood Haven neighborhood because the water will flow over Lewisville dam before it floods any of the houses there.

Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,549 times
I would also suggest good soil testing. I would not do slab foundation there.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:01 PM

17 posts, read 35,939 times
Can anyone comment on the current situation of this neighborhood being potentially annexed? I'm considering moving into a prospective property and a huge advantage to the neighborhood is the tax advantages.

Has the HOA in the community been contacted by any of the neighboring cities or developers?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas