Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2015, 06:43 AM

290 posts, read 388,027 times

Advertisements

Looks like I'll be spending my Saturday indoors... freakin great. I turned on the news and see 5 cars on the High 5. 2 of those 5 were abandoned on the side of the road. Looks awful out there, I'll be interested to see if it improves throughout the day - I really don't want to be stuck inside
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 07:48 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Thanks. Yeah, kidlet was let out shortly after noon as well. Sadly, my wife has to head out to work in under 3 hours, so I'm kinda nervous about that, given the cold and sleet and possibly ice. Ugh.

Kidlet enjoyed sledding on a nearby "hill" (hey, it works well enough), but I'm gonna sit tight tomorrow until the rain falls and washes much of this away.
Did she make it to work ok?

Old 02-28-2015, 08:41 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Unpleasant. I slept really well last night because it wasn't advisable to go out last night.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:51 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Everything in my neighborhood is at a stand still. Well, except for the dogs, they are having a blast. Hopefully it will warm up a few degrees later, I really need to get some groceries. Campbell soup, Pillsbury crescent rolls, Frosted Flakes with no milk and a few chocolates isn't cutting it.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Everything in my neighborhood is at a stand still. Well, except for the dogs, they are having a blast. Hopefully it will warm up a few degrees later, I really need to get some groceries. Campbell soup, Pillsbury crescent rolls, Frosted Flakes with no milk and a few chocolates isn't cutting it.
Grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds AMAZING right about now lol

Old 02-28-2015, 09:25 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara0914 View Post
Grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds AMAZING right about now lol
I made some green chile chicken stew. Mmmmm

Old 02-28-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I made some green chile chicken stew. Mmmmm
DM the recipe for that, please Sounds awesome

Old 02-28-2015, 11:08 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
Did she make it to work ok?
Thanks for the inquiry! Hope all is well with you guys. I haven't received any phone calls from ERs/police/her employer, so I'm assuming she made it fine.

Kidlet already went out sledding before I got out of bed. I can tell by the two sleds she left out on the front lawn when she came back in.

I'm thinking homemade pesto shrimp pizza for dinner tonight (well, the pesto won't be homemade, it's from Costco, and we didn't raise the shrimp ourselves or anything...)

Grilled cheese and tomato soup is one of kidlet's favorites, but we'll have to bring out the breadmaker to make that, which actually sounds like a good idea for today.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:35 AM

Wow fresh bread too.. I need to be snowed in at your house! Pizza sounds amazing too.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:19 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Thanks for the inquiry! Hope all is well with you guys. I haven't received any phone calls from ERs/police/her employer, so I'm assuming she made it fine.

Kidlet already went out sledding before I got out of bed. I can tell by the two sleds she left out on the front lawn when she came back in.

I'm thinking homemade pesto shrimp pizza for dinner tonight (well, the pesto won't be homemade, it's from Costco, and we didn't raise the shrimp ourselves or anything...)

Grilled cheese and tomato soup is one of kidlet's favorites, but we'll have to bring out the breadmaker to make that, which actually sounds like a good idea for today.
That's an early sledding trip! The three 9 year olds at my house woke at 7 and are playing lots of video games. I have torn them away several times for other activities like eating (scratch pancakes and bacon this AM, sausage, crackers, cheeses and cut veggies for lunch). Not sure what is on the menu for this evening but it's looking like homemade Chicken Tamale Dressing from the freezer! Enjoy the day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas