Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2015, 06:52 PM

290 posts, read 388,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Don't worry, in summer when the Yankees are having a "heat wave" with temperatures over 90 F, we'll laugh as we enjoy our 30 straight days of over 100 with overnight lows above 80.
I am not looking forward to a brutal summer at all. Hoping for a somewhat mild one like the last.

Signed,
a Yankee lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 06:53 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,647,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
I hope so! Good travel juju
Well, by the time we all left, most people had already traveled so the roads were much emptier, plus the cars had cut furrows into the snow, so it only took about 50 minutes on the road. So not that bad. Slow but fairly straightforward. Home safe and sound.

Old 02-27-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Well, by the time we all left, most people had already traveled so the roads were much emptier, plus the cars had cut furrows into the snow, so it only took about 50 minutes on the road. So not that bad. Slow but fairly straightforward. Home safe and sound.
Glad you made it safely! How are the roads looking? Are they freezing up at all? I ventured out to Whole Foods and they were getting a lil less slushy and a bit more icy. Hope tomorrow isnt bad.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:04 PM

477 posts, read 1,052,151 times
I've been driving all over Richardson today running errands and I didn't find the roads bad at all. I didnt encounter an instance of ice once.
The roads were wet though and a small amount of caution was needed, much like driving in the rain.

I do think the road conditions will deteriorate tonight as the temps drop and ice forms on the wet roads, so I'll be staying in tonight. Really glad our second car is a Subaru right about now as I've got several errands to run tomorrow.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
I've been driving all over Richardson today running errands and I didn't find the roads bad at all. I didnt encounter an instance of ice once.
The roads were wet though and a small amount of caution was needed, much like driving in the rain.

I do think the road conditions will deteriorate tonight as the temps drop and ice forms on the wet roads, so I'll be staying in tonight. Really glad our second car is a Subaru right about now as I've got several errands to run tomorrow.
Yeah I figured I'd better stay in tonight. Hoping they aren't too bad tomorrow, I have a million things I would like to get done. Last I heard was that we're expecting rain thru Sunday? Ugh.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:53 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,057,362 times
Looks like the park is still closed. I wasn't looking to drive all the way to the river, but oh well.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,805,365 times
Quote:
That's great. Sadly my office isn't letting us out early, because...my office.

I hope to get home before it's time to go back in Monday morning.
Quote:
Glad to hear you made it home safely!

Believe that your office called it right, too, by not letting all of you go early... that seems to be what caused most of the major traffic problems mid-day, with everyone leaving early at the very same time!

That, plus the schools closing right in the midst of the worst of it... and all of those parents having to leave work to pick up their kiddos, bad call all the way around on that. They definitely need to decide beforehand to have school all day or not at all. That's the second time this has happened where it puts them all in danger at the worst part of a storm... believe the time before was when GISD let out the kiddos during the tornado activity a couple of years ago, where one of the regular posters here in the Dallas Forum couldn't reach his wife because she had to leave work and go pick up their kiddos from school, stressful time for them all!

Anyway, again, good to hear you made it home safely, synchronicity... same goes for all of the rest of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
Looks like the park is still closed. I wasn't looking to drive all the way to the river, but oh well.
Well, kenshi, sure hope you took some great pictures while you were out and that you'll be sharing them with us.

In fact, let's see everyone's pictures, there has to be some great snowmen out there, so post away!

Take care all!

Old 02-27-2015, 09:49 PM

447 posts, read 322,164 times
When I saw it snowing I made the decision to keep my son at home after picking up him from school instead of sending him into his daycare as usual. I am happy I have done so. The weather chanel said it would be 'small snow' though.

We went to shops to do some extra grocery shopping and when we were back, people drove at 30 or less on a 45mph road. I did not feel the difference at all. Visibility was not good however, the snow on road was not a problem. My little golf would still drive at 50 at a 55 mph road beside TX 121 until I saw cars almost stopped moving on tx 121 and then I realised I was not doing the right thing and reduced the speed to 40. At that time my car is the only car on that part of the road. This is the first time for me to drive in a snow weather. When the spring will come? My trees are with some flowers now. Hope the weather won't kill them all.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:50 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Now it's sleeting on top of the snow. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm. It really is beautiful out tonight, assuming you aren't driving.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:52 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Now it's sleeting on top of the snow. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm. It really is beautiful out tonight, assuming you aren't driving.
It's deadly quiet outside. That's unusual since I live close enough to 75 to hear a constant quiet roar from the highway. It's surreal.

I'll be glad when this stuff melts. I was not able to do what I'd planned to do tonight so I'm farting around on the internet on the Sabbath instead. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas