Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 06:35 AM

31 posts, read 80,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH123 View Post
Goin2 - I post because of your inaccurate details. I hate to tell you but the only way J.S can survive in Roesville is if they get another builder on board and go non 55+.
Yes, another builder wouldn't surprise me. I've thought that for quite some time. Ryan Homes is good at coming in to slow moving communities such as Roesville, buy blocks of lots on the cheap, that aids in the build out. JHov seems to always be crying the blues that he can't afford this and that. But if you want to live in the middle of farrm fields with the dust flying almost daily from the leased farming, with no clubhouse in site, Roesville might just be the place. After all it's been voted the Best 55 Community in Delaware, which is part of the Regal Awards program that builders participate in annually. Funny thing is every builder who participates in those awards wins something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH123 View Post
Good Luck 55erin,

I hear you loud and clear. Your Lodge is not going to happen and unfortantely there is nothing that you can do. You should be thankful that J.S is committed to the community, "thus far" and willing to work to find a compromise to the economic conditions. FYI, there are no savings or refunds. You should be thankful that your HOA is subsidized.
Agree, the proposed Lodge won't happen. As far as a refund and savings is concerned there has been legal action taken in other 55 communities that may have set a precedent.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:58 AM

560 posts, read 916,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55erinDE View Post
Yes, another builder wouldn't surprise me. I've thought that for quite some time. Ryan Homes is good at coming in to slow moving communities such as Roesville, buy blocks of lots on the cheap, that aids in the build out. JHov seems to always be crying the blues that he can't afford this and that. But if you want to live in the middle of farrm fields with the dust flying almost daily from the leased farming, with no clubhouse in site, Roesville might just be the place. After all it's been voted the Best 55 Community in Delaware, which is part of the Regal Awards program that builders participate in annually. Funny thing is every builder who participates in those awards wins something.
Ryan Homes is the l-a-s-t builder I would want to have build a home. Their reputation is not a good one.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin'2DE View Post
Ryan Homes is the l-a-s-t builder I would want to have build a home. Their reputation is not a good one.
If you look around at some of the slow mo communities being built by little known builders such as JHov in Lower Slower, you see Ryan Homes signs along side of or replacing the original builder which might say something about Ryan's ability make a living at it. Kinda like the turkey vultures preying on the dead.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
But if you want to live in the middle of farrm fields with the dust flying almost daily from the leased farming, with no clubhouse in site, Roesville might just be the place.
Yes the farmer stirs up the dust and the crop duster flies close overhead. But of the total 365 days in a year these inconveniences, for maybe a total of 10 of those 365, is much more tolerable than traffic congestion and jet noise every day. Afterall, I suspect the crops do benefit a great deal of people.

Besides, the farm was already here and the clubhouse was not built when you made your home purchase...so Roesville must be right for you, eh?

Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
If you look around at some of the slow mo communities being built by little known builders such as JHov in Lower Slower, you see Ryan Homes signs along side of or replacing the original builder which might say something about Ryan's ability make a living at it. Kinda like the turkey vultures preying on the dead.
I think that your comparing Ryan Homes to turkey vultures is accurate.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I think that your comparing Ryan Homes to turkey vultures is accurate.
About as accurate as Booming Roesville is portrayed on the JHov website.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Yes the farmer stirs up the dust and the crop duster flies close overhead. But of the total 365 days in a year these inconveniences, for maybe a total of 10 of those 365, is much more tolerable than traffic congestion and jet noise every day. Afterall, I suspect the crops do benefit a great deal of people.

Besides, the farm was already here and the clubhouse was not built when you made your home purchase...so Roesville must be right for you, eh?
Roesville was never right for me, but at least I didn't pay a lot premium for the benefits you've mentioned.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:08 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,677,633 times
LOL....oh gosh, this is so entertaining. I just read the back and forths for a chuckle. each one has to have the last word

Really I don't care how likes what community or not for whatever reason and I certainly hope the readers of these post don't take this literally and find out for themselves by visiting along with gathering actual "fact". this reminds me of several debates between politicians.
I just had to say that. Oh and please don't stop. I need my daily chuckle.

BTW....there are many on Cd that have different accounts for whatever reason.

Anyway......back to fun boys and girls

Last edited by elizamary; 06-29-2012 at 08:33 AM..

Old 06-29-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
LOL....oh gosh, this is so entertaining. I just read the back and forths for a chuckle. each one has to have the last word

Really I don't care how likes what community or not for whatever reason and I certainly hope the readers of these post don't take this literally and find out for themselves by visiting along with gathering actual "fact". this reminds me of several debates between politians.
I just had to say that. Oh and please don't stop. I need my daily chuckle.

BTW....there are many on Cd that have different accounts for whatever reason.

Anyway......back to fun boys and girls
Eliza - Entertainment comes in many forms, but yes, I agree, prospective buyers of any new community particularly in lower slower Delaware, where building codes are in evolution would benefit from doing their own DD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware