Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 06:15 PM

9,722 posts, read 14,262,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
I have seen those motorized skate boards too--and some awfully brave young people on them. Nope, not for me!
Are they battery operated, or what? The other day, a young guy was on one of those skate boards from the outlets, all the way down to the Dewey Beach/Rehoboth bridge. We kept stopping for red lights, and he was always along side of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 06:29 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,661 times
It appears they are battery powered--at least from what I have seen online. Looks scary to me!

Old 11-17-2019, 11:45 AM

Default Christmas Decorations....??? How are they coming along?

Hello friends, I know I've jumped the gun this year, but our tree is already up and decorated.....the easy part. Husband said about the new tree....."It's o.k."..... Last week I dragged the huge artificial Christmas tree down from the 3rd story, down the front steps, and it landed on the curb. It was immediately salvaged by someone who could be more appreciative and give it a better home. I happily purchased a 7' pencil tree that I can lift with one arm/hand. It fits perfectly in my foyer, and I'm off and running ready to tackle the rest of the decorations. Outside decorations will have to wait until this d--- wind dies down. So, how's it going there?

Old 11-17-2019, 01:28 PM

I put up my four trees this weekend! Yes, we have four in this little house. Two of them are five footers and two are four footers. One is a snowman tree and will stay up until February, but the other three are themed Christmas trees. I will decorate outside this coming week. My outdoor decor attracts others and people slow down in front of our house once it's set up. I make sure I set the timer so it goes off at nine p.m. so that doesn't happen all night long.

Old 11-17-2019, 02:44 PM

Wow, Liz!!!! You are QUITE the Christmas person! I thought I was early. I'd better get a move on! Hope the bright lights from your trees don't blind me all the way up here in Camden-Wyoming! Thanks for the update!

Old 11-17-2019, 05:56 PM

Rdlr--yes, I really get into it. I always did love the holidays; I guess it brings back fond memories. It's just me and my husband here, but I still go all out. My neighbors seem to like it too

Old 11-17-2019, 08:36 PM

Yes, I go all out, too. But this year I feel rushed. I guess because Thanksgiving comes later this year. That, and I'm swamped with work and traveling from mid state, south to Fenwick, and north to Greenville, then east to west 4-5 times/week. Not complaining, because I love what I do. But, it puts a little pressure on the upcoming holidays. The good part, is I get to see Christmas in ALL of Delaware.
I wonder how Nuts is doing? She usually goes all out, too! Hey, NUTS!.........

Old 11-17-2019, 10:16 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Hey the old gang is still cranking. Hi Liz & RDLR. I am gearing up, shall we say. I did my cards already except for putting the stamps on them. They will go out the first week of Dec. I figured it was such a windy miserable weekend, I I might as well get that done. I already jazzed up the archway that goes over the doorway. I added more garland and lights and am working in some red accents. The house is all decorated for Thanksgiving. My mantle has pumpkins and pilgrims and teeny fairy lights on it. That all changes on Thanksgiving morning. I will stage the house with the “house Christmas stuff” on Wednesday and during the parade on tv I will start to deconstruct Thanksgiving and start Christmas. If I get a warmer day next week the arch will go up outside and my lawn Nativity too. We will go to pick out our tree on Black Friday. A ten footer as wide as I can find and then eventually 1200 lights and over 1000 ornaments will be placed. I am resting up now. I must say we always used a cast iron stand but last year I sprung for a Krinner. “Marriage Saver” stand and boy do I wish I knew about this so many years ago.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:29 AM

405 posts, read 676,031 times
I have a plastic wreath with lights.

Old 11-18-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
I have a plastic wreath with lights.
Pete! Good to see you! We run the gamut here as far as decorating goes! I can see myself scaling down. When I was as YOUNG as Nuts I could do all that too!!!! (she says in a defensive and jealous tone) . This is a great gang of people here. Good hearing what everyone's doing. If I work fast and hard Monday through Wednesday on my job, I should be able to get our outside decorated Thursday. It's supposed to be a tad warmer....55 degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware