Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 3,725 times

Advertisements

I'm with "maryfeel" on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 08:42 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,779,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki mccune View Post
This is to the person who dismisses the possibility that rapid heart rate from Epinephrine could cause any permanent heart damage. I haven't been to medical school, but perhaps if your heart is forced into say, two or three times it's normal heartbeat rate, it could cause damage to the heart muscles. When your heart rate goes up while exercising, you are breathing hard, and therefore bringing in more Oxygen, to supply your heart with that Oxygen to accommodate such a rapid heart beat. If the heart can't get enough Oxygen, heart tissues can die. It's much like over exerting the heart to the point that it fails, hence a heart attack. If you got to the point that your heart was beating that fast, while exercising, you would be breathing really hard, and gasping for breath, and usually most people would slow down, take a break, or stop altogether, to let the Oxygen supply going to all of the bodies organs, catch up with the Oxygen supply pumping through their heart, to all of those organs.The tissues of the heart might not be able to get enough Oxygen either, so they can die, and then that part of your heart is now damaged, so that it compromises how well your heart works from then on. We of course need our hearts to live, so it could be an issue. You can negate my thinking, but you won't change my mind about this concern. It seems that the forced very rapid heart beat from dental injections, can cause problems for some people. I do think that it's also possible that your heart muscles can recover over time, like any other muscle.
What do you do to prevent your body from secreting it's own epinephrine into your blood stream?

Old 08-22-2017, 12:24 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,055,958 times
I had a dentist put epinephrine in an injection for the first time last week. I didn't know what was wrong but I felt like I would pass out. I got dizzy, my vision was blurry and my stomach upset. It resolved after a few minutes. The pain from the dentistry is still going on. AND...

A few years ago I had an injection in my spine to relieve back pain. I screamed bloody murder, had excruciating pain. I felt like I was going to vomit and was dizzy. The doctor said "get the gurney, it's vagal" and I never knew what the heck he meant. I think now I do.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:55 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
What do you do to prevent your body from secreting it's own epinephrine into your blood stream?
lol excellent question

Old 08-22-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I had a dentist put epinephrine in an injection for the first time last week. I didn't know what was wrong but I felt like I would pass out. I got dizzy, my vision was blurry and my stomach upset. It resolved after a few minutes. The pain from the dentistry is still going on. AND...

A few years ago I had an injection in my spine to relieve back pain. I screamed bloody murder, had excruciating pain. I felt like I was going to vomit and was dizzy. The doctor said "get the gurney, it's vagal" and I never knew what the heck he meant. I think now I do.
I've had those spinal injections and they hurt me horribly too, but I believe those are epidural cortisone injections, not epinephrine

Old 08-22-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlenep View Post
First, let me state, I just went to the dentist who did not inform me he was using novocaine with epinephrine. I had a BAD experience almost immediately. He never asked about heart problems prior to giving me the shots (multiple ones). My heart began to pound fast and the middle of my back hurt so bad I was sure it had induced some type of heart attack. I asked to sit up as I felt I was going to pass out. SCARY! I find it ludicrous that a patient is not told of a new drug in use and I find it extremely irresponsible on the dentist part that he did not ask if I had heart problems. I'm done and will seek a new dentist who is more proactive.
ask for nitrous, it relaxes you so much that your body won't react like that. But I doubt if you dentist used novacaine, I think almost all dentists have been using xylocaine which I believe is lidocaine with epinephrine since the 80's.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,388 times
had novacaine for a root pull and had a bloody nose for 2 days then 3 rd day couldn't get out of bed for the whole day otherwise it constantly bled then vomited in the middle of the night a pint or more of straight blood after that it stopped

Old 09-21-2017, 06:22 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,779,561 times
Novacaine was taken off the market over 30 years ago. Those of you who are getting Novacaine need to report your dentists.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:20 AM

629 posts, read 932,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeckdiane View Post
had novacaine for a root pull and had a bloody nose for 2 days then 3 rd day couldn't get out of bed for the whole day otherwise it constantly bled then vomited in the middle of the night a pint or more of straight blood after that it stopped
it would help if you used the period key on the keyboard thats the one on the keyboard that looks like a dot it goes at the end of a sentence the next word is then capitalized there are other grammatical corrections you could make as well it is very difficult to understand what is being written and give advice when the question is a jumbled mess just a suggestion

Old 09-27-2017, 03:51 PM

105 posts, read 618,322 times
If it had epinephrine than there is a preservative called sulfite which you could have reacted to. I can only get sulfite free epinephrine for example if I have an allergic rx. There are other anesthetics like carbocaine that do not contain the epi always ask though to be safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health