Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 06:13 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,077 times

Advertisements

Where can I purchase Novacaine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 08:24 PM

1,500 posts, read 885,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Where can I purchase Novacaine?
If you are looking for the stuff that supposedly had cocaine in it, you can’t..

Lots of older pain meds did have opioids in them maybe 100 years ago..

Old 07-25-2019, 08:51 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,780,077 times
Not interested in cocaine. Just wondering where I can purchase Novacaine if it's still on the market.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Not interested in cocaine. Just wondering where I can purchase Novacaine if it's still on the market.
I have found that Procaine is almost the same med...my dentist uses that...

According to Drugs.com when I looked it up..it listed Novacaine/Procaine.....

So not sure

Old 07-26-2019, 07:23 AM

629 posts, read 933,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
I have found that Procaine is almost the same med...my dentist uses that...
How many Redcoats did he kill?

Old 07-26-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart0323 View Post
How many Redcoats did he kill?
Not sure of your point ......have been at this practice for 30 years.....still kicking!

Old 07-26-2019, 12:18 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Sorry...Dr Hull is not the FDA..

Try Drugs.com

Have had dental Novicaine since I wa born.in 1944..never had Cocainen it.

Th most use lidocaine now..

Procaine still on the market..with or without Epi

"Novocaine was widely used for decades and became a household name for anesthetics used by your local dentist. As time has passed, this name has been passed from parent to child. Many dentists will choose to leave the myth alone rather than confuse a patient with new terminology, and so the myth continues, even though you have most likely never been given Novocaine by your dentist before."

https://www.distinctivelydental.com/...l-anesthetics/

Old 07-26-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
"Novocaine was widely used for decades and became a household name for anesthetics used by your local dentist. As time has passed, this name has been passed from parent to child. Many dentists will choose to leave the myth alone rather than confuse a patient with new terminology, and so the myth continues, even though you have most likely never been given Novocaine by your dentist before."

https://www.distinctivelydental.com/...l-anesthetics/
Good point...tho it says they stopped using Novacaine in 1980......so I had decades of dental work prior to then.....agreed that we likely just use the generic word, not knowing, nor caring, what form they are using now..

All I care about is. Make it not hurt!

Old 10-01-2019, 04:42 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times

I have an intolerance to local anesthetics with epinephrine. Found this out the hard way when I was 15 when I landed in the ER after being injected and was admitted for a neurological work-up. My response to the anesthetic was so bad, they thought I had a seizure.

I found this:

Contraindications of Vasoconstrictors in Dentistry

"...patients suffering from uncontrolled
systemic diseases might have a life risk situation if these vasoconstrictors are used improperly. In spite of records of safety set by using these drugs, there is evidence to adverse reactions ranging from 2.5%-11% and even death may take place."

http://www.biomedpharmajournal.org/d...02P409-414.pdf

Old 02-08-2020, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 582 times
Here's what happened to me. Any input is apprecited. I needed #19 tooth extraction. I have had novacaine in the past for wisdom teeth extractions and filings with no problem. But recently, I went to an oral surgeon for this #19 extraction and she numbed the gum area and when she put the needle into the cheek area, I suffered severe dizziness instantly, pounded heart rate, throbbing headache, a feeling never felt before and then vomited 6 times. This lasted for an hour before i drove my to the ER.

She was concerned and kept telling me to relax but I think she should have got off her lazy ass and called the EMT's just to have them there. The tooth was never removed.

What happened?

Went to the ER for tests and lab work and they could not pinpoint the issue. Was this an allergic reaction to the type of novacaine or the ingredients? Is it the epi? major panic or a combination of both?

I think she jammed the second dose too fast into my cheek?

I am still feeling the effects 24 hours later.

Bad oral surgeon needs to be more on top of things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health