Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:45 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times

Advertisements

No kidding! I saw men in Miami with chest and butt implants.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
No kidding! I saw men in Miami with chest and butt implants.
Now that is funny.

My favorite are the woman with bloated lips. They look like clowns.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:40 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
... My favorite are the woman with bloated lips. They look like clowns.
Wife and I refer to those poor souls as having "trout lips" but if it's really overdone, I called them "Groupers."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:59 AM

339 posts, read 1,287,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
What the heck?? You are saying people in Florida aren't fake? HA! Fake is everywhere, but so are nice, down to earth people. Like me. :P
There are fake people in Florida like you said in most places, but the fakeness here is of another caliber.

What I'm saying is, not as many people in Florida run up to you and act like they want to be your friend when you see them, and then the next day they act like they can't be bothered. The ones who do, you already know they not about anything. Only ones who did that were people who wanted to fight you. But that's what people in Denver do.

If you don't want to be bothered with me, you don't have to go out your way to greet me. Obviously you couldn't invite me out tonight so don't run up to me and act like you know me. Because you don't.

And when you talk about the dating life here, it's insane. How is it that in nearly 9 months, I have not met a single person who has invited me to the movies, offered to do things with their friends, or even actually gone out to a nightclub together as a date?

That's how I know it's something wrong with these people. Or to be less judgmental, their behaviors are just not congruent with how they initially appear to be. Even when I lived in Florida, I had some issues with meeting people, but it wasn't on this magnitude. People in Denver act like they scared to meet someone new if it's not directly related in their inbred friend circles. It wasn't until I moved here that people behave in strange ways...act like they want to include you in things, but then turn around and do the exact opposite later on?

I swear I have met about 15-20 people who act like that since I've been here.

Last edited by CruisingUSA; 08-30-2011 at 12:07 PM..

Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM

310 posts, read 651,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Transplant View Post
I agree, Cruising! Many people here are passive aggressive and phony. Not returning your calls and texts is clearly a passive aggressive way of showing that they're no longer interested in communicating with you. Whereas people in most other places would tell you directly if they're no longer interested, people here skirt around the issue.
Oh, give me a break. Didn't you move to Denver from LA? L-freaking-A...the world capital of flakey, passive-aggressive, phony people where locals would just as soon blow you off as look at you?

I could understand your comment if you came from NYC...but, from Flakeville, Southern Cal?.....

Old 08-30-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakAve2OakLand View Post
Oh, give me a break. Didn't you move to Denver from LA? L-freaking-A...the world capital of flakey, passive-aggressive, phony people where locals would just as soon blow you off as look at you?

I could understand your comment if you came from NYC...but, from Flakeville, Southern Cal?.....
I never been to California but have met people from there. They like to put on fronts out there, sort of like Florida does. But it's in the way of having more money than actually having. Not the "I want to be your friend, but don't ever call me or ask to hangout. just text me" attitude that Denver has. I was on a date with a guy from Cali here couple months ago. He shows up in a beamer, but claimed he was broke

But then again, I met a guy from California before and the first date he invited me out to his local hangout spot with 1 of his friends. In Denver, they can't even do that! The local invite in Denver is the face and crotch meetup...

Matter of fact, I have met quite a few guys from California and they seem less uptight and more open to hangout.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 PM

229 posts, read 423,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakAve2OakLand View Post

Isn't that the truth?

I think Cruisin and CO_Transplant are a match made in fakeness heaven. Two people with perfectly skewed perspectives on what constitutes fakeness, passive aggressiveness, and quality of life.

People don't care if you don't see Denver as the Shangra-La we all feel it is, we just think it's funny that the very comments you make about it here are 10 times worse in the place you come from and praise as the end all of great cities.

I had two friends visit from work from good ol LA this last week and both of them were in utter amazement of the beauty here, the amazing architecture and equally wonderful food choices. By the end of the week, one of them was going to try to transfer here because she loved it so much and didn't realize all she was missing out on here. Mind you she is from LA and lived in NY for 10 years too and she said the magical words that people here all feel, she said she's never seen a city with such "quality of life". It's clear you and Cruisin' both have never felt the "CO vibe" or what it's all about here, but you continue to only see the negatives in everything about this place. I'm not sure what coming to this board weekly to complain about is ultimately getting you when it's clear you don't really want to be here??

Why not put all your energy into either figuring out some aspects you like about it or just moving to another city?

Old 08-30-2011, 12:25 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times

Old 08-30-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co_guy_94 View Post
I had two friends visit from work from good ol LA this last week and both of them were in utter amazement of the beauty here, the amazing architecture and equally wonderful food choices. By the end of the week, one of them was going to try to transfer here because she loved it so much and didn't realize all she was missing out on here.
Nothing you mentioned has anything to do with the people here. Yes, all those things are what also attracted me here (except food choices, are you kidding me? I can find good food in any city).

In addition you had 2 friends who came here together, to meet you; a friend. That's a huge contrast for someone who has come here alone and doesn't really know anyone and has to weave their way into getting to know people. Your friends already have a huge head start, they already know someone.

When I initially moved to South Florida when I was 19 for college, I was in a similar situation. Moved on a whim not knowing a soul. But by the time I got there I had made a circle of friends practically immediately. 2 years later, I can go down there again and meet the same friends again.

I'm not saying Denver isn't a beautiful place with lots of things to offer. But when a person can't seem to meet any decent people to share those things with it doesn't really mean much. And yes I realize it doesn't happen overnight, but come on...I been meeting so many fake people out here it's ridiculous.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:43 PM

310 posts, read 651,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
Matter of fact, I have met quite a few guys from California and they seem less uptight and more open to hangout.
Well sure...I'm not even saying anything bad about SoCal people as individuals (I have both family and friends out there and I appreciate them all) ...but it is an accepted part of the unspoken social contract out there to be flaky, shallow and noncommittal. Sorry, but the irony of a transplant from LA complaining about Denverites flakiness was just too much for me to ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co_guy_94 View Post
I think Cruisin and CO_Transplant are a match made in fakeness heaven. Two people with perfectly skewed perspectives on what constitutes fakeness, passive aggressiveness, and quality of life.
LOL...Tru dat.

Maybe they should arrange a "meeting" (don't wanna call it a "date", in case God forbid one of them blows the other off...it surely would start a whole new cascade of whiny posts ). They could at least sit around and commiserate on how lousy Denver and its people are. Who knows...maybe a connection will develop from that "shared interest"...lol.

Last edited by OakAve2OakLand; 08-30-2011 at 12:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver