Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 08:46 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Definitely agree with the people who mentioned North Face, Keen, and other outdoor wear, like Patagonia stuff. It was one thing I sort of joked about when I first moved here -- it seemed like EVERYONE had at least one North Face jacket!

And I guess I assimilated, because I now own a lighter North Face jacket and a Patagonia winter jacket that I bought on closeout for nearly half price! (and I love it)
You have been assimilated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 08:47 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
I remember in the mid '90s when I first moved here, someone in Texas told me I'd fit right in because they thought everyone in Denver had blond hair/blue eyes and was in shape. This person also thought I'd be living in a log cabin and would be driving around on a snowmobile. He must have been thinking of Sweeden, not Colorado lol!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:59 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I remember in the mid '90s when I first moved here, someone in Texas told me I'd fit right in because they thought everyone in Denver had blond hair/blue eyes and was in shape. This person also thought I'd be living in a log cabin and would be driving around on a snowmobile. He must have been thinking of Sweeden, not Colorado lol!
Well, there are a lot of people here of Scandinavian descent, making for a lot of blondes and redheads.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
I hear this Scandanavian dude just moved to Denver and opened an eatery in the new Ikea store....

Swedish Chef - Meatballs - YouTube
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:08 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I hear this Scandanavian dude just moved to Denver and opened an eatery in the new Ikea store....

Swedish Chef - Meatballs - YouTube
Awesome!!!!!! That literally made me laugh out loud. I grew up on the muppets and the chef was awesome.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:24 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Superimpose a few #15's on this one:
Pic1 (http://broncosfan.org/images/2004Pics/P9120140.JPG - broken link)

Everything, including the m/f ratio fits here:
Pic2

Old 10-11-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, there are a lot of people here of Scandinavian descent, making for a lot of blondes and redheads.
I'm a quarter Danish.... so I guess I'm stereotypical lol? I guess living in the city of Denver, I just see such a wide racial diversity of people that I don't think of any one "look" as being stereotypical. I suppose being in shape is a stereotype in Denver. And riding a bike.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm a quarter Danish.... so I guess I'm stereotypical lol? I guess living in the city of Denver, I just see such a wide racial diversity of people that I don't think of any one "look" as being stereotypical. I suppose being in shape is a stereotype in Denver. And riding a bike.
My daughters are 1/4 Danish, 1/4 Swedish, and 1/2 Kraut (me). One has red hair. I notice redheads. I work in a pediatrician's office and we have a lot of red-headed kids. I can't remember where I was recently that I noticed there weren't many redheads. Maybe LA?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My daughters are 1/4 Danish, 1/4 Swedish, and 1/2 Kraut (me). One has red hair. I notice redheads. I work in a pediatrician's office and we have a lot of red-headed kids. I can't remember where I was recently that I noticed there weren't many redheads. Maybe LA?
Red heads always stand out to me since they're such a rarity. You see a few here and there in Stapleton, but not an abundance. My own kids are total muts... German, Irish, Spanish, African.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:35 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
There are so many different types I don't think there is a stereotype here. I know a lot of people in Denver who could care less about anything outdoors, never go into the mountains, etc..
LIES! LIES! The Chamber of Commerce and various Real Estate organizations put a POX on you! There are NO SUCH PEOPLE HERE?! How will we deceptively sell houses to outsiders if you keep saying such things?

I think my sense of sarcasm has gotten the best of me, of late...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver