Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 12:53 PM

40 posts, read 281,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV_XI_XI View Post
I am confused as to why so many of you are intrigued by this gentleman's financial situation. His intent by visiting this website was to obtain information on hip urban neighborhoods for young people, not to explain the nature of his work or justify his compensation.

$125k a year is commonplace for a young attorney with a good degree at a reputable firm. It is actually kind of low when you consider that firms charge their clients an average of $225/hr. $225 hr @ a minimum of 1850 annual billable hours... = $416k net revenue for the firm. If anything this man should be making more money.

Anyways, I digress. My reason for being on this page is that I too am interested in moving to the Denver area after finishing my educational goals here in northern California. I'm looking for the exact same living situation as the OP and wanted to hear what Denver had to offer. As a native Californian, I understand where daimyo is coming from. Many of us here work hard and earn excellent incomes, but still cannot afford to live comfortably and own a home. We have become so used to low standards at expensive prices that when we discover a city like Denver, with its excellent neighborhoods and relatively affordable prices, we wonder if it is too good to be true.

So please lets talk about neighborhoods... no more commentary from any of you on how much money you make (nobody cares), how much you wish you made (work harder/go back to school), how far you can make a dollar stretch (you're a cheapskate) or how much you hate educated people from California with six figure incomes (we're actually pretty nice people). Just tell us where some nice neighborhoods are that we can live close to work downtown, sit down and sip some coffee, listen to live music, take a stroll through the park with our girl and be around nice people in their mid 20's, early 30's who may or may not have kids.
Your last paragraph is interesting. You make sure that we all know that you make 6 figures in California while asking for no more salary commentary and also take shots at everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 06:18 PM

21 posts, read 120,305 times
Sorry if that last sentence was misleading... I actually don't make six figures as I am still in school. I was referring to the OP and many of my friends who have moved to other states and faced the same kind of scrutiny for no other reason than being a Californian with a well paying job.

I just want to hear about some nice places to investigate in DENVER, not other side topics. So far Washington Park and LoDo sound like good areas I'll check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver