Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 04:33 PM

529 posts, read 1,325,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
It has to be a logistics issue. Same with In N Out. I wonder where your store is supplied from.
Good question. We still get the "2 buck Chuck" and other things. I guess the stores on the East Coast would get supplied from there as opposed to the West Coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 04:52 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
For those not familiar with TJ's, the term Two Buck Chuck refers to TJ's house wines under the Charles Shaw label. Story I got was that Charles Shaw bought up tons of excess wines one year, blended them, and sold them for $2.99 a bottle, hence two buck chuck.

I brought a case back from Phoenix the other year; it's okay, but gimme my Kendall Jackson chard.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM

181 posts, read 582,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
The only people who don't want a TJs in Denver are people who've never shopped at TJs.
I lived in California for years. I hate TJs. If it isn't over-processed, it's over-packaged. Sometimes, it's both. One of the most over-rated things about California (and that's saying something).

Old 08-10-2010, 05:56 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,779 times
I called TJ`s to ask if they would ever be out in Co and they told me that in order for them to do that they needed a distribution center in the state.So until that happens, I doubt if we will see one here.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:21 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzimmerman View Post
I lived in California for years. I hate TJs. If it isn't over-processed, it's over-packaged. Sometimes, it's both. One of the most over-rated things about California (and that's saying something).
I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but plenty of people have different opinions. We got over half our groceries from TJs for years living in CA. Produce wasn't good, but many other things were.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:06 AM

181 posts, read 582,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but plenty of people have different opinions. We got over half our groceries from TJs for years living in CA. Produce wasn't good, but many other things were.
I exaggerate. The dairy products are very good. The coffee is pretty good. The produce, as you say, is lousy (inexcusable in CA). Very nearly everything else is prepackaged processed tasty junk.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 AM

529 posts, read 1,325,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
For those not familiar with TJ's, the term Two Buck Chuck refers to TJ's house wines under the Charles Shaw label. Story I got was that Charles Shaw bought up tons of excess wines one year, blended them, and sold them for $2.99 a bottle, hence two buck chuck.

I brought a case back from Phoenix the other year; it's okay, but gimme my Kendall Jackson chard.
I though it was a crap-shoot. One lot might be excess Robert Mondavi coastal or the next might be Paul Mason. I didn't know they mixed the wines.

The reds are pretty good, I think.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:58 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,220,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziasforever View Post
I though it was a crap-shoot. One lot might be excess Robert Mondavi coastal or the next might be Paul Mason. I didn't know they mixed the wines.

The reds are pretty good, I think.
I found Two Buck to be hit-or-miss. Sometimes it tasted like a $10 bottle of wine, other times cough syrup But for $2, it was worth the risk.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:05 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,297,230 times
We had a TJs near us in Phila. I think Sunflower Market is a better store. SOme of the international packaged foods are the same or similar, but TJ's produce is WAY overpriced. For example, selling bananas by the piece for 19 cents each.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:49 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,981,779 times
The produce was pretty good at the store were I use to shop. It probably depends on the store. The ready made salad was usually pretty fresh. Unlike at the regular grocery stores.

One thing that I liked at TJS was that they had frozen ready made items that tasted good. Unlike the regular grocery store. Their pumkin bread and tortillas are excellent. They have many good items.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver