Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:33 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminko View Post
I am leaving all my friends (and family) behind in Toledo to move to Denver !!!!!!

I have been talking about it for a year now... Last week, I finally got off my butt and flew out here on a whim, applied for some open positions in my field, and now I am flying back to Toledo on Monday with a job offer in Arvada! So now I am moving to Denver within the next 3 weeks.

The apartment/condo/loft search is so nerve-racking! I would really like to get a 2 bedroom loft downtown, but there's really nothing that spectacular under $2000 a month! All these management companies want to rape you, and there's no central location to find rentals from private owners. I haven't found anything on Craigslist. Hopefully something will come up soon... Anyone want a roomie?
My cousin lives in Toledo, he hates it. I too moved here from Ohio, Ashtabula as a matter of fact (about 150 miles due east of you, on the lake)

I should have moved to Colorado 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 05:53 PM

3 posts, read 28,198 times
I live in Miami and have an opportunity to do a six month apartment swap with someone who lives in Denver (the Capitol Hill area) and have been reading this thread to help convince myself to just do it. Gotta say, after reading this thread, I'm itching to move to Denver ASAP! I'm a 33 year old single woman who has never been to Denver (except for a layover at the Denver airport) and if I move there, won't know a soul. But, I have made such big moves four times now, big cities without knowing anyone there, and I figure as long as I am not a mute, I should be fine, lol. Of course, it would be great to already make some connections via this forum with any of you fellow Denver newbies so I'm totally open to any ideas for meet up activities once I get there.
Now, the only hurdles I have to overcome is the drive from Miami to Denver with my pets and getting a job there.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:47 PM

20 posts, read 97,962 times
I've always been interested in Colorado, but especially Denver. I have this gut feeling that I'm going to end up there, so I looked up this forum. You guys who live out there are some of the friendliest, most helpful people I've seen in any of these forums. That speaks well of Denver

I'm a 23/f currently living just outside of Huntsville, AL. I'm starting a job with Verizon Wireless, and I was wondering if there is a call center anywhere near Denver, so maybe I could transfer in 9 months-year, instead of having to quit and look for something new.

Old 07-26-2008, 11:11 PM

24 posts, read 71,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
My cousin lives in Toledo, he hates it. I too moved here from Ohio, Ashtabula as a matter of fact (about 150 miles due east of you, on the lake)

I should have moved to Colorado 10 years ago.
No doubt.

I have only been here in Denver for 5 days, but I absolutely love it so far.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,114 times
Default hi i saw your ad

hi how are you doing to day?i am doing really greet to day!

thank you again!

Old 07-27-2008, 08:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernraised View Post
I've always been interested in Colorado, but especially Denver. I have this gut feeling that I'm going to end up there, so I looked up this forum. You guys who live out there are some of the friendliest, most helpful people I've seen in any of these forums. That speaks well of Denver

I'm a 23/f currently living just outside of Huntsville, AL. I'm starting a job with Verizon Wireless, and I was wondering if there is a call center anywhere near Denver, so maybe I could transfer in 9 months-year, instead of having to quit and look for something new.
I would suggest discreetly checking with your employer. They will have the most accurate information.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:34 PM

64 posts, read 162,880 times
My move to Denver is a leap of faith. I currently live in Chicago and there is nothing out here of interest to me anymore. Taxes are high (10%), jobs are scarce, rent and homes are very high. The SINGLE scene leaves much to be desired. I've dated men from various cultural backgrounds and don't get me started on some of their mentalites.

This will be my first move out of Chicago and I'm quite excited. Lucky for me; my sister will be moving to Colorado before the end of year and she asked me to tag along.

I'm more confident that I can get a job, home and a great relationship in Colorado. Moreso then CHI-town.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:11 PM

9 posts, read 30,060 times
Default 4 weeks and counting....

I'm glad I found this thread after reading a dissapointing thread about heavy gang activity in Aurora and some parts of Denver. My wife and I live in Coppell, Texas, 20 miles north of Dallas. We are so ready to move to the Broomfield, Louisville area. There are no outdoor activities to participate here during July, August and September in Texas. It's just way too hot and humid. We lived here for 6 years now and besides the job market and being closed to family neither one of us enjoyed North Texas. I have a feeling we are going to regret only one thing once we move and that's not moving to Colorado sooner!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,617,922 times
jamesandlaura - You will not miss anything about Texas except of job growth, BBQ and TexMex / Mexican food. If you want better weather and NO humidity, Colorado, UTAH or anything in mid-west is it!

As I was at the park here in Austin, I notice a vehicle parked next to me had CO plates. When the couple got out, I asked where about they were from. They said Broomfield. I asked what brought them here. They say more high paying job and tired of the long cold months after 8 years. I said, your in luck, more hot summers and no major winters. They were cool and we all just laughed.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:54 AM

9 posts, read 30,060 times
Thanks Mike for the response. We both lived in Germany for a few years and we welcome the winter, I mean we haven't had a white Christmas in 6 years living in Texas. Less than 29 days and counting....I hope the couple you saw in Austin understand what there in for moving to Texas, money is not everything or not enough for 30 days straight of 100 degree weather, horrible horrible traffic, very rude and very fake people....I wish them luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver