Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 06:58 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,212,192 times

Advertisements

Yeah I agree to that...the APT prices are at least 200 more a month than what I am used to in Dallas...well a lil north of dallas.

I have a 1 bedroom 660 sq ft place with a nice balconey you can cook out on. Its a rather new unit and it has these amazing garages. Anyways , my place is 620 a month. The garages are huge! 12X20 with a 6X7 storage room inside. They are like 60 extra a month.

James
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 08:02 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,289,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-to-CO View Post
I'm not saying I don't take those forums seriously at all, but come on--think of how many residents are in a complex compared to how many negative posts. I've lived in several apts & you never know what you're really getting into until you actually move in--that is the reality of it. That's why you get short-term leases to start out just in case

I guess when you lived in TX as long as I did & $700 for a 1-bed apt was considered to be a very nice, 'luxury' apt then yeah, I still have to disagree that the cost of an apt here is high compared to well--my salary--not sure about anyone else. I agree, though that you get what you pay for, but what you get here for $700 is not what you get elsewhere for $700. But it is better than owning since the cost of housing here in Colorado is ridiculousy high!!
"most" cities. denver's cheaper than "most" cities near it's size AND popularity. up and down the pacific and atlantic coast, chicago, etc., are much more expensive. relative to salary, it may be a little different, but while rents can be 3 times denver's in many such cities, i doubt salaries are 3 times higher in them. now, when it comes to property values in denver, then relative to salary, i would suspect that denver might be a bit expensive (but still i would doubt it's more expensive - with this salary consideration in mind - than several other cities such as portland, seattle, san francisco, san diego, miami, DC, new york, boston, chicago, orlando, LA, sacramento, san jose...). even many cities much smaller are more out of whack than denver is (though denver's pretty out of whack in some regards this way - foreclosures, lending practices of CO, etc.) such as some medium sized college towns. could be interesting to see that info, though.

Old 01-06-2008, 04:28 PM

29 posts, read 89,894 times
I sure hope there are nice, cute single men there in there 30's! I am really considering moving to Denver from Orange County, CA! the singles scene is a nightmar here. Everyone is trying to uphold a fake image. I am a sporty, adventurous but very feminine woman. I want to meet a sweet, athletic mountain man that loves an outgoing girl... are there any there in Denver???? ;-)

Old 01-06-2008, 04:44 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upforchange View Post
I sure hope there are nice, cute single men there in there 30's! I am really considering moving to Denver from Orange County, CA! the singles scene is a nightmar here. Everyone is trying to uphold a fake image. I am a sporty, adventurous but very feminine woman. I want to meet a sweet, athletic mountain man that loves an outgoing girl... are there any there in Denver???? ;-)
Yes. Some even have teeth and bathe weekly.....

Old 01-07-2008, 09:26 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
When I think "Mountain Man", I think of Grizzly Adams, or his sidekick with the mule!

If you're looking for flannel-wearing men with full beards, a rifle and a pet bear, Denver isn't the place. But having lived in OC for many years, I know what you mean about the people. The single's scene in Dever is much more compact (downtown, LoDo, S. Broadway, etc.) so I would imagine it's much better than OC.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:03 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,066,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
When I think "Mountain Man", I think of Grizzly Adams, or his sidekick with the mule! If you're looking for flannel-wearing men with full beards, a rifle and a pet bear, Denver isn't the place. But having lived in OC for many years, I know what you mean about the people. The single's scene in Dever is much more compact (downtown, LoDo, S. Broadway, etc.) so I would imagine it's much better than OC.
Agree. If she'd take the 'mountain' out of her desciption, she could find tons of guys here....guys that do GO to the mountains, or have weekend homes up there. THAT would be doable. But she won't find any trading posts in LoDo with burly smelly guys swapping deer skins for provisions and black powder.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:37 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Agree. If she'd take the 'mountain' out of her desciption, she could find tons of guys here....guys that do GO to the mountains, or have weekend homes up there. THAT would be doable. But she won't find any trading posts in LoDo with burly smelly guys swapping deer skins for provisions and black powder.
I have a feeling she was talking more about the "crunchy/granola mountain biking/hiking type of guys rather than the gold miner type

Old 01-09-2008, 12:46 AM

249 posts, read 1,030,267 times
Yes, up for change, I know several wonderful single men in their 30s who go to the mountains every weekend, have great manners, own their own homes and probably bathe at least every other day. I can't speak to whether they wear flannel or not, but you could probably talk them into it. I really do feel like the single men in this area have trouble meeting nice ladies - so come on down! Fakeness is discouraged around here!!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:29 AM

14 posts, read 57,411 times
Hi! My brother and I are planning our move across country to the rocky mountains as well. I am a single 20 year old female and he is single 28 yo male. He has visited Colorado once and fell in love, I have never even been there. We are coming from Atlanta... nothing really keeping us here I guess. He is possitive that this is the best idea ever... I am a little more apprehensive but feel that it's time for a change and some adventure in life. I wish there was some single newby group you could join. I have been researching groups out there and found that there are a few events and activity groups and there is a website called meetup.com that organizes all kinds of acitivities in every state. We are driving out there in March to look around and get used to the area and then moving this summer. Good luck to you and maybe we will end up in the same group one day!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM

249 posts, read 1,030,267 times
Maybe you guys should start a group???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver