Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM

56 posts, read 197,403 times

Advertisements

LOL - I'm NOT single and have gotten asked out more in the past year in Denver than I ever did living in the larger midwestern cities (STL and Chicago). The only hard part is trying to decide whether to take those people up on their offers or not. Denver = single person buffet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 05:11 PM

88 posts, read 437,397 times
Default Go as fast as you can

My inlaws are in Colorado and if I was in your shoes I would get as fast as I could. I myself would love to move but my career, and wife are holding me here. Don't get me wrong, I own a nice home in a nice city and have a job I love that pays me a ton of money, But I would give that all up to get rid of the stress and rude people here. I know I could walk right into a simmilar work situation and improve everything else just be moving. Go while you are young and not attached.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:44 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost heaven View Post
My inlaws are in Colorado and if I was in your shoes I would get as fast as I could. I myself would love to move but my career, and wife are holding me here. Don't get me wrong, I own a nice home in a nice city and have a job I love that pays me a ton of money, But I would give that all up to get rid of the stress and rude people here. I know I could walk right into a simmilar work situation and improve everything else just be moving. Go while you are young and not attached.
trust me. you're probably not missing much by not being able to move to denver. you might even consider yourself lucky, in some regards. great place to visit. to live (especially as a younger single guy), maybe not so much.

appreciate what you have...

Old 07-24-2007, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 10,713 times
Default san diego to denver

Hi, We live in El Cajon east of San Diego and are moving there in the next 6 or so months. My husband and I have three kids 20, 17 and 15. We have no family left here and he has a sister north of Denver. We have been out there three times, and we love it. Saw the snow, saw the spring. Love it. The only thing you really have to get used to is the cold, but it is always colder somewhere else, so we will just get used to it and thank God it isn't cold like Michigan. We just got back from a road trip there with the kids a month ago and we saw country that we had never seen before. Estes Park, Colorado Springs, Everygreen, Vail, Winter Park,,,,I was so elated and impressed. It was so great to get out of California. I am a native for 56 years but I am ready for a change and I just love how Denver makes me feel. Wish you well,,,,it is funny, once you tell people you are moving to Denver, everyone knows someone who has moved there and loves it. Tatafornow,,,sissi

Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 AM

5 posts, read 22,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimoore55 View Post
Well everyone, just as an update I wanted you to know that I am making the move and it's less than 3 weeks away!! I'm so excited, I just keep hearing better and better things about the city, all from transplants like myself. I'll be living in Stapleton with a friend of the friend while I look for a place to buy and keep all my stuff in storage. Looks like Wash Park and Highlands will be the areas I'll target.

See you all in 3 weeks and thanks for all the great advice!!!
So have you made the big move?? Enjoying the mountains??

Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina23 View Post
LOL - I'm NOT single and have gotten asked out more in the past year in Denver than I ever did living in the larger midwestern cities (STL and Chicago). The only hard part is trying to decide whether to take those people up on their offers or not. Denver = single person buffet.
correction: Denver = single white male person buffet ?

Old 08-05-2007, 09:31 AM

54 posts, read 357,868 times
Default Loving it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchloub View Post
So have you made the big move?? Enjoying the mountains??
Okay, so ya'll are asking for an update on my move and here it is:

Moved here just over a month ago, settled into a furnished room of my friend's and surprisingly got adjusted to the altitude right away. I'm loving it here so far. I can't believe how genuinely friendly and welcoming everyone here is. I've already gotten involved in a volleyball and kickball team and met a few people. One thing I've noticed right away is that everyone I meet seems to be married or in a serious relationship. Are there really any single people out here? I'm not one for going to the bars anymore, so I'd rather not suffer through that! I also need to start taking better advantage of the mtns nearby, but I'm head's down in my search to buy a place (there are so many choices, it's great!). Anyone needing any advice on their own move feel free to PM me. I'm also still trying to get together that newcomer happy hour, but the response rate to my posting has been quite poor, so let me know!

Cathy

Old 08-05-2007, 09:45 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,611,388 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone for helping to reassure me on my decision! I sometime get the feeling I'm too old to be doing this yet again (I moved on a whim to San Diego as well, from Atlanta when I was 25).
Geez, I feel soooooooo old. I'm 49 and considering (yet another) move, checking out Denver weekend after next. So no, you're not too old to move and it's not a dumb decision. The only person you have to live with is yourself, and if there are no kids to worry about, do what feels right for you. Life is too short to be miserable.

Good luck with your move!

Old 08-05-2007, 09:48 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,611,388 times
This site might be useful....

Singles, Singles Meetups, events, clubs and groups near Denver, Colorado

Old 08-06-2007, 07:36 AM

5 posts, read 22,818 times
Quote:
Okay, so ya'll are asking for an update on my move and here it is:

Moved here just over a month ago, settled into a furnished room of my friend's and surprisingly got adjusted to the altitude right away. I'm loving it here so far. I can't believe how genuinely friendly and welcoming everyone here is. I've already gotten involved in a volleyball and kickball team and met a few people. One thing I've noticed right away is that everyone I meet seems to be married or in a serious relationship. Are there really any single people out here? I'm not one for going to the bars anymore, so I'd rather not suffer through that! I also need to start taking better advantage of the mtns nearby, but I'm head's down in my search to buy a place (there are so many choices, it's great!). Anyone needing any advice on their own move feel free to PM me. I'm also still trying to get together that newcomer happy hour, but the response rate to my posting has been quite poor, so let me know!

Cathy
Ha ha ha, yes...everyone does seem to be married or in something serious...Thought you girls could have better odds. I think my issue is spending too much time on my bike and no time at the bar but what are you going to do right? Well if you do want to take better advantage of those mountains I am a great guide for that! Glad the move was good, enjoy your great new state!
Cole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver