Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:58 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upforchange View Post
Hey Guys - LOLL - my description was misleading, sorry. what I really meant was "sweet, athletic, rugged, single, straight, sexy men in their 30's that like sporty, athletic, feminine women with great peronalities and a pretty face." NOT a burley, smelly, hairy, granola guys that lives in a cabin in the mountains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upforchange View Post
.... and I appreciate a well-groomed man that smells GOOD!
We wuz just having some fun with ya, thanks for having a sense of humor. BTW, I've got some Old Spice.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 06:15 PM

29 posts, read 89,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We wuz just having some fun with ya, thanks for having a sense of humor. BTW, I've got some Old Spice.....
Gotta have a sense of humor!
OLD SPICE??? Not to be too HM, but Old Spice is soooo outdated. Time to step it up young man! Try Dolce & Gabana - Light Blue for men and the relatively smaller population of women in Denver will be following you!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 PM

163 posts, read 774,173 times
pretty sure he was kidding...

Old 01-12-2008, 05:16 PM

4 posts, read 16,212 times
Default You may want to re-think

I have lived here 21 years and before you move you need to know that it is very brown and dry here. I personlly don't think it is all that scenic.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,322 times
i really understand how your feeling.i have lived in quite a few states over my 24 yrs of live but mainly i've lived my life in lafayette,la. Me and my fiance are really over the heat in louisiana and have decided to move to denver,co. im excited because im like a gyspy i love to travel and find new adventures but were getting married soon and settling down so this could be it. i'm sure i'll love it but i do not know anyone there, i've never even been to colorado actually. im leaving all my freinds and family to start my life with my fiance, yea he's been there and his family have and they have a vacation home there but i love my freinds and family. i guess they really are my life. im not really scared about meeting new people, im a social butterfly and very outgoing and active. so thats not a problem. usually i dive into the own known of moving and discovering a new place but im usually living by myself ( im an artist) and don't really have any worries. now i kinda do im not 18 anymore i can't just flake out and move if i get bored. this is something were in together. its just really sudden i think is why im freaking. we planned to move to denver next year after were married and now all of a sudden it depends on a job my fiance could land and we have to move in 2 weeks. we have looked for apartments.u=haul,etc. it'll take us awhile to find a house.so do i think your crazy for leaving all your freinds behind. no. because i already know all my closest freinds are starting to make there careers and starting families. we may move apart but we'll always be in each others hearts. sorry i rambled on for so long. but it was great to get it out..

Old 04-10-2008, 12:07 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,584,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I've been living in San Diego for about 5 months now, moved here from the Southern U.S. So far I like it pretty well, the weather is awesome, and the beach/sports/bars are all pretty cool too.

My only concern is the job market here, the low wages, and cost of living. I am on assignment here and that assignment is going to end soon and I was wondering how much cheaper it is to live in Denver, and how much easier it is to get an entry-mid-level job there. I have a college business degree but not too much experience I guess.

What can one expect to pay in rent for a safe, decent apartment there, plus water/trash and electricity cost? Is the job market good for young college grads? Will it be difficult to find a job that pays high enough wages to afford rent on a decent apartment? I'm mainly looking for a comparison vs. San Diego here.

Someone mentioned CO is a good place for singles, but then another guy said not a good place for young single men? So what's the story? Again, a comparison to SD would be helpful. Sometimes there are so many beautiful women in SD, I feel overwhelmed! Most are nice, but seem a little on the fake side and a bit self-absorbed....got that in Denver?

So, final question, which would you prefer - San Diego or Denver? Main concern here is best place to find a job that will pay me enough to live comfortably. And that has intelligent, nice, cultured people I can meet.
You meet a lot of Californians here, it's not that much different really, maybe a less cultural in Denver, cheaper living, wages are a lil lower, a lot of beautiful women, then again they are mostly from California , a lot of girls here reminds me of when I partied at SDSU ... it's a lot slower paced here though than in Cali that's what you gotta understand, takes some time meeting people, while as when I was living in California going to College and working as a Coast Guard, I was out partying and meeting new people everyday, here there's a lot of good people, takes a longer time to build friendships. I'd have to suggest you on the job market you find, that might be a priority for many Californians relocating to Denver, they always tell me they move here for the great outdoors and cheaper living but in the end they end up making less here and when come times to buy a house, mortgage and home owners tax ends up biting them, while living was high in California most of them were renters and making 50%-100% more.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,722,465 times
I don't know if anyone has answered your question about rents, but I'm actively looking so might be able to help you. I've been looking mainly downtown, Golden Triangle, Capitol Hill and Cheeseman Park. We want a 1 bedroom plus another room, not necessarily a bedroom but a loft or office of some kind. We are also looking for amenities like a pool (pools are mostly seasonal here - May thru Aug.), a gym, and one underground parking spot. So far, what I've found is usually in the $1100-$1300 range. Of course, it goes up from there, but that's what we are looking to spend and have found many options.

I spent a summer in SD once and I thought the cost of living was higher than Denver. The two cities are closely related in size and what not. For me, I'd miss the ocean!! But maybe you aren't so into that. I see a lot of people from SD coming up here to snowboard or ski, it's like surfing to them.

We are planning a move to Miami. It's like I say, why not? Give yourself a change of atmosphere. You are young, single, and no kids? What do you have to lose?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:25 AM

30 posts, read 92,634 times
Does any one have any info on moving to Denver from outside of the US.
i currently live in the uk and after only 2 trips to Denver fell in love with the place, not to mention someone there.
But i have no idea where to go from just 'wanting' to move, who do i go to? Who can make this happen for me legally?

Old 04-11-2008, 02:41 PM

52 posts, read 234,387 times
If you haven't visited and don't know much about Denver and also don't know anyone out there, as well as leaving San Diego. Yes you are crazy...I would do anything to be able to move to San Diego if I could make the right coin. Just my honest opinion and good luck either way.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:16 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,722,465 times
check out yelp.com. I post there and they have lots of happy hour get togethers. I have met friends this way and that really makes it nice. Or perhaps we should do the same thing here! I'm down for that. So when you get here, come back to this site and I'm sure someone will be up for that! Good luck in your endeavors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleonard64 View Post
I too am leaving SD in August for a job in Arvada. I am hoping to live in Denver, Highlands area. I am 28 yo female and won't know many people so I would love to have a happy hour, scheduled hike or something to meet other new people. Keep it posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver