Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 03:36 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times

Advertisements

OK, I started this before, was doing OK, screwed up, now I have to get really serious. Can I use you guys as my journal? Keep me honest, your words and stories will help.

I am a female married with 2 children, 23 and 18. My husband will go with me but he doesn't have much to lose. He looks great! He was introduced to WW in high school by his mom and lost 75 pounds. Follows it even now. Yes, he cheats now and then but goes right back.

We are going to the meeting at 6:30 PM tonight (EST) so I will post my weight and I am embarrassed. A year and a half ago, I was 145. Now I have added 25 pounds to that, I think.

I also need to exercise, work out regularly. We work a lot, have very stressful jobs and stress eats at you (no pun intended).

So, bottom line, I need encouragement. In 2003, I lost 47 pounds - went from 183 to 136 in 8 months but I really was focused on other things, I did not realize I was losing until way into it. I did not do WW then.

Hopefully, this will a good start for me.....goal at least 135.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:38 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times
Smile Meeting - February 21, 2008

OK, big meeting - weigh in 167.
Here goes.

I was 169 a couple of weeks ago but I have been pigging out. We went to a really great restaurant for our son's birthday and even had dessert so I expected to gain.

Promises -
(1) to work out twice this weekend for at least an hour each time (at a gym)
(2) walk one day - for one mile
(3) drink 10 glasses of water which I like

I have to go to a family wedding March 15th so 10 pounds more would be good. I am disappointed b/c if I stayed on this from the beginning, I would be at 160 now so....encourage me, please!!!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:18 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,090,462 times
Hey, Bette. Good luck to you on Weight Watchers. I lost 30 pounds on it myself a couple years ago. Gained it all back plus more, of course, but that's how it goes alot of times (for me).

Have you checked out the Weight Watchers message boards? They're free to join and you can get alot of motivation/inspiration from alot of the posters there.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:28 PM

199 posts, read 707,864 times
Hey there! Just wanted to give you some encouragement. I have never been overweight, but I think it's important for your self esteem to know that when you are at the gym, people like me are rooting for you! Yeah some of us have never experienced being overweight, but I do know that you do have to start somewhere. Just go, do your thing and move towards that goal. I just started working out again last year. I just kind of got lazy about it, and now I'm trying to regain fitness. I do now realize that being healthy and fit means incorporating it into my lifestyle. Food choices, what I say, what attitude I project about working out when I talk to others, etc. It's a lifestyle change. I do feel healthier now than ever, at age 41. So you go, girl!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:50 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,261,183 times
Good luck, Bette. Might I suggest participating in the subforum for exercise journals here? There's a good group there to share your trials and tribulations with. Karla usually posts a daily thread and feel free to use that as a journal.

Anyways, it's worth your time to go check that out.

I'm going to lock this thread for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss