Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:36 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,819 times

Advertisements

a lady I know on another message board had good success with this- i guess its UP to 18 pounds, not 18 guaranteed. Since i have most everything, I thought I may give it a try (mind you, I am not a fad diet person, or a diet person at all...but I figure for 4 days I can deal with it...) and see what happens. My 'friend' lost 12 pounds I think.

Was wondering if anyone else had tried it and had success or failed miserably? lol

posting diet below in case it goes by another name I don't know of...

Moderator cut: Content has been removed due to copyright infringement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 08:19 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,983,568 times
This looks like any other fad diet in which you lose water weight and then gain it all back once you start eating normally again.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:25 AM

775 posts, read 579,070 times
You might lose more on it faster, but it's not healthy and skipping breakfast is never good. Other than that, it's a pretty typical healthy diet - the way all of us should eat.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flindras View Post
You might lose more on it faster, but it's not healthy and skipping breakfast is never good. Other than that, it's a pretty typical healthy diet - the way all of us should eat.
you dont skip breakfast- its in one of the first paragraphs- coffee, grapefuit i think.

it actually looked reasonably healthy- which is why i thought i might give a try (no cabbage diet for me, thanks! lol)

I think if you can make it a habit to eat more like this, and less like most of us eat, the weight would stay off, or minimal 'return' weight would occur.

I know I need to drink more water, and increase my fruit and veggie consumption (but boy how i do love my bread and cheese!)

Old 03-08-2008, 05:01 PM

49 posts, read 218,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
This looks like any other fad diet in which you lose water weight and then gain it all back once you start eating normally again.
I agree. I think if you want to try it, there isn't anything wrong with that. I do know from my friends and their diets (south beach, zone, atkins etc.), that when they get off of the diet they do gain the weight back. That is why some of my friends used to diet only before vacation. lol anyways, good luck I hope it works out for you if you decide on it.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:35 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Why not just cut your portion sizes and exercise 30-60 minutes a day?
That way you can still eat what you like and not feel deprived.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 AM

3 posts, read 22,135 times
Thumbs up I am on my first day of the 18in4 Diet

I am on my first day of the 18in4 Diet and I feel great already!

The Diet isn't particularly appetising, but I can stick it for 4 Days, if it doesn't work, there' no love lost!

I'm just desperate to lose a stone as I am off with my Family on my first ever trip to America to Disneyland Florida in 8 Weeks and my Hubbie is wanting me in a Bikini!!!

Give it a go, there's no harm in it

Old 03-11-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylandweightloss View Post
I am on my first day of the 18in4 Diet and I feel great already!

The Diet isn't particularly appetising, but I can stick it for 4 Days, if it doesn't work, there' no love lost!

I'm just desperate to lose a stone as I am off with my Family on my first ever trip to America to Disneyland Florida in 8 Weeks and my Hubbie is wanting me in a Bikini!!!

Give it a go, there's no harm in it
it would take more than 18 pounds to get me in a bikini, but hopefully it will at least get me started eating healthier!

Old 04-18-2008, 03:56 AM

1 posts, read 17,786 times
Default What have you to lose.... except possible lbs!

I have started the 18-in-4 diet today. I am overweight and have tried many diets in the past. With the extremely busy life I have, counting calories and exercising intensely is not an option but mostly an added job to an already packed day. I like the idea of someone telling me what I should eat every day and abstaining from everything else (junk food, goodies and treats). This in itself disciplines me to go forward, especially if the results of 4 days are fruitful.

I tried the LighterLife diet here in the UK over 4 years ago and that was considered, by many sceptics out there, as being a "fad" diet and unhealthy. It cost me, at the time, £630 for 14 weeks (which is now probably 1/3 more as costs have risen). I am pleased to say I lost 49 lbs in the 100 days you had to sign for. Counselling sessions (also incorporated in the cost) helped, but many in the group still cheated (how could they when it cost so much and was also detrimental to others in the group as it showed weakness within a program that should have been relatively easy). My motto, always was and still is, abstination is a whole lot easier than cutting down!

My problem has always been letting myself slide back into skipping breakfast, snacking during the day and not eating a proper meal in the evening. This needs to stop as I am not getting any younger and keeping the weight off definitely becomes more difficult as you get older!

I will post again when I have completed the 4 days. Whatever happens (and I know I will lose weight, as I have been in more situations, regimented more strictly than this diet) I will post how much I have lost.

I know this diet is really just a good kickstart, if adhered to. I know it will enable me to feel better, and my mentality to continuing a healthy eating regime will kick in also. After all who would try anything with the intention to fail! I have told my family what I am doing and why. They are supportive and want what's best for me.

Will post again soon!

Old 04-18-2008, 02:15 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
When people say they've tried everything and can't lose weight, they haven't tried everything. There is no magic pill or diet.

Eating slowly and consciously, putting the fork down between each bite. Taking small bites. Slowly chewing each bite 20 or more times. Stopping when they are full. Full as in not when your button pops off your pants full. Your body sends signals when it's had enough, and it's way before you feel your stomach expand. Tune into your bodies.
Get some sunshine every day. Get out and walk 15-30 mins a day. Little things add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss