Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 06:08 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,764,865 times

Advertisements

I think some of you are imagining just regular chicken topped with toppings. It's really not. Here's the recipe I have used, found at https://www.ketoconnect.net/recipe/no-carb-pizza/.

Ingredients for the Chicken crust:

10 oz Canned Chicken
1 oz grated parmesan
1 large Egg

Instructions
1. Thoroughly drain the canned chicken, getting as much moisture out
as possible.
2. Spread chicken on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat. Bake at 350
for 10 minutes to dry out the chicken. Dry it well!
3. Once chicken is done baking for 10 minutes remove and place in a
mixing bowl. Increase heat of oven to 500 degrees.
4. Add cheese and egg to the bowl with chicken and mix.
5. Pour mixture onto baking sheet lined with a silicon mat and spread
thin. Placing parchment paper on top and using a rolling pin helps.
6. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes at 500 degrees.
7. Remove crust from oven. Add desired toppings and bake for another 6-10 minutes at 500 degrees. Toppings will dictate final cook time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 07:36 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
^^^ Any special reason for using canned chicken? It doesn't seem necessary since you can buy ground chicken breast at almost any supermarket without any additional ingredients. It's not expensive either and you are still going through the step of having to precook the crust. The recipes I posted previously call for plain ground chicken and more cheese than your recipe. You also add the spices that you want. Here's one of the recipes.

https://www.heyketomama.com/best-low...n-pizza-crust/

Old 11-09-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
^^^ Any special reason for using canned chicken? It doesn't seem necessary since you can buy ground chicken breast at almost any supermarket without any additional ingredients. It's not expensive either and you are still going through the step of having to precook the crust. The recipes I posted previously call for plain ground chicken and more cheese than your recipe. You also add the spices that you want. Here's one of the recipes.

https://www.heyketomama.com/best-low...n-pizza-crust/
It's just the recipe I've used. I like it.

I do prefer Fathead pizza though, and I make Fathead far more often than chicken crust.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:55 AM

3 posts, read 2,348 times
Keep in mind, ketogenic diet isnt any superior to regular diet with all 3 macronutrients included. To lose fat you need to be in caloric deficit. Personally I wouldnt suggest keto diet, but if that makes you happy, go for it.

Diet should be something you can stick to it all life, not something what is short term, few weeks, or few month.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millafit View Post
Keep in mind, ketogenic diet isnt any superior to regular diet with all 3 macronutrients included. To lose fat you need to be in caloric deficit. Personally I wouldnt suggest keto diet, but if that makes you happy, go for it.

Diet should be something you can stick to it all life, not something what is short term, few weeks, or few month.
In my experience, being in ketosis is a natural appetite suppressor, so that alone makes it much easier to be in a caloric deficit.

I plan to be keto for life. I am experiencing so many other benefits to cutting carbs out of my life, and those alone are reason enough for me to remain keto.

I find eating this way to be second nature now. It's not hard at all. I've been eating a ketogenic diet for 2 years, and I have no reason to quit, so I won't.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:01 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
In my experience, being in ketosis is a natural appetite suppressor, so that alone makes it much easier to be in a caloric deficit.

I plan to be keto for life. I am experiencing so many other benefits to cutting carbs out of my life, and those alone are reason enough for me to remain keto.

I find eating this way to be second nature now. It's not hard at all. I've been eating a ketogenic diet for 2 years, and I have no reason to quit, so I won't.
By keto, how many carbs are you eating?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-11-2017, 12:21 PM

22,666 posts, read 36,775,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post

t.
Agree with all of this, easiest "diet" I've ever done, no more heartburn, no more cravings, kicked my sugar addiction, there have been other benefits as well. I accidentally started this over the summer on a sugar detox and realized it was, by default, a low carb diet and started googling. I've lost 12 pounds in one month, don't really think much about what I'm eating and drinking (except to avoid carbs, of course, and don't really miss them). Will I stay on strict a strict keto diet forever? Not sure about that, but I do know I will never go back to the carb and sugar heavy way of eating that used to be my way of life. Once I lose the weight i want to lose I will probably eat the occasional potato or pasta dish (actually eat pasta once a week now, small portion, and it's not affected my weight loss). But that's it. It just works.

Last edited by twingles; 11-11-2017 at 01:38 PM..

Old 11-11-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
By keto, how many carbs are you eating?
I keep my daily carb intake to 20g or less.

Most days I eat between 10-15g carbs, with all of those coming from cauliflower, broccoli, romaine, and heavy whipping cream.

Old 11-11-2017, 03:41 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,527,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
I just started Keto to try it out because while I realize it's not Atkins, when I did Atkins years ago, low carb too I had pretty serious sleeping problems. I am on day 3 down 4 pounds and am having sleeping issues which I normally have, but they are even worse now. I do feel good during the day, no Keto flu, so to speak.

I have mostly been eating eggs, bacon, hamburger patties with cheese, and some steamed broccoli. I did buy some Atkins bars just for some sugar taste, they are only net 2 carbs, and they are helping me with my sugar cravings. I realize that is not pure Keto, but so far it's working for me.
You're right, it's not Keto. Keto is high fat, moderate protein, and what you're eating is very high protein. In fact it sounds exactly like Atkins, not sure why you say it's not?

On Keto, you'd have less protein and more fat. In fact it's almost impossible to do Keto without including some non-protein fats like avocado, nuts, olives and olive oil, coconut oil, butter, heavy cream, etc. If you get all your fat from protein sources (as you indicate you're doing), you throw the balance all out of whack and will never go into ketosis.

If you really want to do Keto, you need to get an app or use a calculator to ensure you're getting substantially more fat than protein. But if what you're doing now is working for you, keep on trucking.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:00 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,643,634 times
I make keto bread and cloud bread which can take the place of sliced bread. Tastes fine, is grain free and won't knock you out of ketosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss