Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 02:16 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times

Advertisements

Yeah, when I did a keto diet I was under 20 grams of carbs and then upped to 30 grams.

I started at under 10 and could hardly do it.

It was odd though, I was eating all kinds of foods that should have packed on weight, but I lost. I just got really sick (RA) and could barely walk or do anything.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 02:19 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,472,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I find it every easy to eat out on Keto. Love my In-and-Out double protein style. I do not miss the sawdust tasting bun. For Mexican, I just get fajitas with no beans/rice with extra guac. Rosa's in Texas is very accommodating.

On keto, there are just some things you don't eat and that is that. No biggie. If you cheat? So what, get back on the program the next day. Just don't do it frequently. As far as pizza, I (and my non-Keto husband) prefer a Fathead pizza over something from a restaurant.
I've tried several different pizza crusts including the fat head.

I liked the taste of the cauliflower but not the texture, too soft.
The fat head crust is good but IMO, too much cheese, especially if you use more cheese to top it. I also did not like to use too much almond flour in it.
The one I settled on is a chicken crust pizza. The texture is spot on especially as you let it cool down a bit.

They actually sell this commercially but it is expensive. I decided to make it myself.

The first recipe suggests using chicken thigh but I still prefer the breast. If you do use it, just cook the crust a little less than what the recipe calls for. When you top the crust and put it back in the oven it will overcook if you are not careful. The first recipe also calls for more cheese than the second.

https://www.heyketomama.com/best-low...n-pizza-crust/
Chicken Pizza Crust | Sassy Southern Yankee

This is the one that is commercially available.
https://realgoodfoods.com/

Old 11-07-2017, 02:24 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,473,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I've tried several different pizza crusts including the fat head.

I liked the taste of the cauliflower but not the texture, too soft.
The fat head crust is good but IMO, too much cheese, especially if you use more cheese to top it. I also did not like to use too much almond flour in it.
The one I settled on is a chicken crust pizza. The texture is spot on especially as you let it cool down a bit.

They actually sell this commercially but it is expensive. I decided to make it myself.

The first recipe suggests using chicken thigh but I still prefer the breast. If you do use it, just cook the crust a little less than what the recipe calls for. When you top the crust and put it back in the oven it will overcook if you are not careful. The first recipe also calls for more cheese than the second.

https://www.heyketomama.com/best-low...n-pizza-crust/
Chicken Pizza Crust | Sassy Southern Yankee

This is the one that is commercially available.
https://realgoodfoods.com/
I don't mind trying non-wheat pizza crusts since I like cheese and the like, but chicken crust pizza? Sorry dude, that just sounds so gross.

Old 11-07-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I don't mind trying non-wheat pizza crusts since I like cheese and the like, but chicken crust pizza? Sorry dude, that just sounds so gross.
Really? It's on the market and they do quite well and that's the store bought version. Homemade is always better and everyone I have had try it has loved it. It's almost like regular thin crust pizza. You probably couldn't tell the difference because it is dry, like bread, not greasy at all.

Don't knock it till you tried it. Isn't that how the saying goes?

Reviews on FB, 4.7 out of 5 stars, 1k reviews.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/RealGood...=page_internal

Old 11-07-2017, 03:53 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Really? It's on the market and they do quite well and that's the store bought version. Homemade is always better and everyone I have had try it has loved it. It's almost like regular thin crust pizza. You probably couldn't tell the difference because it is dry, like bread, not greasy at all.

Don't knock it till you tried it. Isn't that how the saying goes?

Reviews on FB, 4.7 out of 5 stars, 1k reviews.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/RealGood...=page_internal
There stuff looks interesting - no where here sells it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-07-2017, 07:17 PM

4,977 posts, read 5,765,515 times
Quote:
I've made the chicken crust. It's not bad. Personally, I prefer Fathead. In fact, I made it for dinner tonight. I topped it with cheese, pepperoni, a yellow pepper, a few onion slices, and a sliced roma tomato. So good! My son stopped by for dinner and he loved it as well.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:38 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,229,478 times
I'm not low carb or keto, but my favorite is cauliflower crust, but without the cheese. It's very substantial and filling, and I can never have too many vegetables.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:49 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,473,271 times
Hey I like chicken but not in my "pizza" crust

I'm genuinely interested in the Fat head pizza. I like the copious amount of cheese.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Hey I like chicken but not in my "pizza" crust

I'm genuinely interested in the Fat head pizza. I like the copious amount of cheese.
I like it too. Too much cheese slows my digestion to a crawl. It's like glue to me, lol. It calls for 6oz or more of mozzarella and 2tbl of cream cheese IN the crust PLUS what you use to top the pizza. It also calls for either almond or coconut flour. I've only tried it with almond and cut the amount in half. Still pretty good.

If you think the chicken pizza is different, what about beef? There are some recipes making the rounds. They call for lean ground beef. Some call for eggs/cheese, some just cheese. Haven't tried the beef. The chicken is lighter and has a totally neutral taste.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:51 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,476,683 times
I would love to try a chicken crust pizza. I miss pizza right now I do. I thought about buying a regular and just scraping the toppings off as a meal. That would be keto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss