Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 09:07 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
Hey buddies, I guess we have all been too busy to post! I have been swamped around here. Hope all of you are doing well. Not me..the food is not in balance and the exercise routine is gone. I have no clue how to get myself back on track.
3 weeks off diet...188 or so this AM so maintained which was goal.
My health issue seems to be better now, not sure if it was the diet but I feel better now so I'm going to get back on it.

Basically, lowering the calorie intake again and swearing off anything *bad* which includes junk food, beer, sweets etc. (With the exception of a nice Christmas dinner I'm taking the gf out to next weekend lol)

Goal, 185 for Christmas...about 1.5lbs a week x2 should be very do-able.

I don't know about after Christmas...but I'd like to get to 180 and then evaluate again...so 5 week goal is 180.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 12:43 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,046,149 times
Hey SG...maybe you and I oughta give each other a good smack!!! lol. Ive been having issues too, had a horrificly busy 2 weeks, and than ran ragged last weekend working on my feet 16hrs each day, Fri/Sat/Sun so I thought on MOnday, Oh yeah, I'll have totally dropped some lbs from that!!! Ohhh no. Just couldnt be.....Im sitting at 144lbs still!!! OMG!!! sigh.....I got to 143 for about 2 days, but then, back to 144...i suppose I should be thrilled im not at 150 or something though....but i really thought as totally active as my weekend was, and as little as I was able to eat, Id have lost something. sigh.....
well, im off to eat a turkey sandwich w/lowfat mayo....yum.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:25 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
glad to hear from both tif and mathguy! things here are just terrible. there was a terrible accident in our town and two teens were killed. the one boy is the son of some friends of ours. it happened thursday morning. the wake is tomorrw and funeral tuesday. their older son is the same age as our older son and we have been friends for over 15 years. really having a hard time dealing with this one.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:18 PM

Oh SG...Im so sorry... that is just horrible and heartbreaking. Theres very few things as tragic as a child/young person dying. I know how aching it is. Im so sorry....please DM me if you need to talk.
Hugs,
Tiffany

Old 12-15-2008, 02:32 PM

thanks Tif! we are all hanging in there. Still cannot believe it is true. Just seems like a bad dream.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:05 PM

I understand....just be there, with hugs if needed, and an ear to listen to the same stories over and over and over again. Telling those stories over and over is another way of keeping the kids in the "now". Also, after time goes by, it gives the parents a moment to feel almost normal.
Dont take it personally if the parents lash out....theres often a lot of anger for a parent who has lost their child. Understandably...Id be angry too.
Be patient.
and just some advice, unless youve lost your own child, Id avoid saying "I understand" when a parent talks of their pain/anger/agony.
again, DM me if you need to talk. Not to sound cold, or uncaring (couldnt be further from the truth) but this thread may get shut down if we dont get back to topic. yeah?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
glad to hear from both tif and mathguy! things here are just terrible. there was a terrible accident in our town and two teens were killed. the one boy is the son of some friends of ours. it happened thursday morning. the wake is tomorrw and funeral tuesday. their older son is the same age as our older son and we have been friends for over 15 years. really having a hard time dealing with this one.
My condolences, life is too short, a fact that I am acutely aware of.
Use this as motivation!

I'm having a hard time pushing off the last bits of weight now. I'm in pretty good shape, I have a great steady girlfriend and it's the holidays. The extra alcohol in particular is probably what is killing me...a few beers and wine here and there...and the gf surprised me with a choc. cake for two the other night so oh well.

Going to try to get lots and lots of exercise over the holidays so at least if I don't eat super well I will at least buff up a bit.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:59 PM

It is freezing here today! below zero for the high temp. No desire to watch what I eat or exercise! Any good stress relievers besides food? my neck is wound so tight you would not believe it?

Old 12-22-2008, 08:54 AM

Quote:
It is freezing here today! below zero for the high temp. No desire to watch what I eat or exercise! Any good stress relievers besides food? my neck is wound so tight you would not believe it?
Yep, but if I told you what they are they might move this thread to the relationship forum....hint hint....

I hit 185 finally, new record low. Going to try to creep down to 180 by mid-January. Having a hard time staying away from the snacks, beer etc. so I REALLY need to get in some solid exercise over the holidays. So today, breakfast will be a few handfulls of cheerios...try to be good at lunch...dinner is a buffet place with relatives visiting but they have good salads and no alchohol so that will actually be pretty easy. Might have enough time to hit some light weights at home before it gets too late tonight.

Happy Holidays~

Old 12-26-2008, 03:32 PM

glad things were on the uptake for you mathguy! I have been indulging in the goodies of the season and have not exercised once! we have our older son's birthday(20) on the 28th. maybe the next day I will get back on track! hope everyone had a great holiday!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss