Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 08:47 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
That's great reed, but it has nothing to do with the topic, which is vitamin b12 shots for weight loss. Slightly derailed, it might be about -any- "energy boosters" for weight loss, including those energy drinks. Your post has nothing to do with either topic, but I know there is a discussion about energy drinks in the general health forum. This - is the weight loss forum.

It does 5 HR shots have loads of B-12 in them and it does give you a boost. Not to mention it's a dietary supplement. So in effect it sort of does the same thing and can hlep you lose weight. So my question was why waste the money that a B-12 shot cost, when there are other things out there that do the same but cost less is valid.

So there is the weight loss part of my statement/ B-12.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 01:50 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
EmergenC packets are great... there are several different kinds and they have the B's...
Emergen-C, Vitamin C Supplement, B Vitamins Nutrition, Dietary Support

The only real way anyone is going to lose weight is by burning more calories than they consume - consistently, on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

And the only way anyone is going to keep that weight off is if they continue to do that or they then burn and consume equal amount of calories so that they maintain their weight but do not re-gain what they worked so hard to lose.

This is a really interesting and inspiring film:

Fat Sick and Nearly Dead | a Joe Cross Film

I don't think anyone should try doing what he did without talking to their doctor first, but I do know that juicing is great. We use an Omega Vert juicer. It does wheatgrass, leafy greens (kale, collard, etc.), fresh herbs, carrots, cucumber, even cherries with the pits.... makes wonderful ruby red graperfruit juice and fresh orange juice...

If we've had a bit too much celebrating around the holidays, or for whatever reason we haven't been watching what we eat, I like to go a few days doing just green juices for breakfast and lunch (similar to the one used in that Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead film) and then a sensible dinner - usually some kind of fresh green salad and poached salmon or other sort of fish. This usually helps me feel better and keeps my weight in check.

I did the raw food vegan thing for an entire year and loved it. I felt incredible and experienced many positive things... but ultimately it was too hard to stick with while trying to also shop and prepare food for my family as well. We've got growing boys and honestly we just didn't have the budget for it or the refrigerator space! My hubby and I will probably eat more like that again once our kids are grown. You really feel amazing. Even sex was better!

Old 02-17-2012, 01:24 PM

5 posts, read 52,566 times
Default b12 shots for weight loss - hope you didn't do it

I hope that you didn't pay almost a $1000 for a series of B12 shots with B6 and B complex and I am not familiar with the other ingredient? B12 shots are great and I personally give them to myself for B12 deficiency - they give you lots of energy but in no way make you lose weight. B complex on the other hand is a mixture of all the b vitamins, which again will not help you gain weight and you can get them in a pill of a b complex or just take a good multi vitamin like centrum. B6 - now getting that in an injection is dangerous and along with B complex is even more dangerous if you don't know your B6 levels. All the other B vitamins are water soluable and if you get too much, you just pee them out - B1 and B12 are even better off to be too high but B6 is toxic when too high and when you get it by injection it builds up really fast. When you get both B6 and B complex in an Injection, that is even worse = if you got this or are still getting this, please make sure you get a blood test for a B6 level as soon as possible and stop any B6 supplementation in the meantime until you get your results.

As far as the B12 and other B vitamins - you can take B12 either by injection itself by prescription yourself or your PCP can give them to you - or you can get sublingual pills. The other b vitamins you can get in a multi.

The only way I have heard about B12 shots being used for weight loss is at weight loss clinics and what they don't tell you is they are putting HCG in them the pregnancy hormone in them which is very dangerous if not used properly and monitored by a licensed physician trained in using HCG. Many clinics that use supposed HCG are only using trace amounts and not the full strength and then it doesn't work the way it should = you really have to be careful.

Unfortunately there really are no short cuts to losing weight. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey.

I was heavy all my life and finally had Weight loss surgery in 2008 and I lost 120 pounds - I am not advocating this is for everyone, this is just what worked for me. It was really though and I had trouble through my journey but I did lose the weight.

Good luck

Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It does 5 HR shots have loads of B-12 in them and it does give you a boost. Not to mention it's a dietary supplement. So in effect it sort of does the same thing and can hlep you lose weight. So my question was why waste the money that a B-12 shot cost, when there are other things out there that do the same but cost less is valid.

So there is the weight loss part of my statement/ B-12.
If you do not have a B-12 deficiency the B-12 will do nothing for you. Zip, zilch, nada.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:09 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
I always thought B12 was used *in* weight loss (not FOR weight loss) because it gives a temporary energy boost, that allows you to be active for longer before burnout.

B12 shots were a big fad back in the 70's and 80's when cocaine was the drug du jour. But the doctors who gave them were pretty clear, in that it doesn't cause weight loss. It provides you with the facade of more oomph to dance an extra hour, or run an extra mile, or do some extra aerobics or jazzercise (that's what was in style too then).

Old 02-22-2012, 11:26 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
I suggest Weight watchers!

Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM

2 posts, read 22,169 times
I go to the internet clinic in Houston and I've lost 25 pouns with the b12 shot. I use to take the comb of b12/lipo, but the b12 works better by itself. It also helps my hair and nails grow. I use to have problems with my hair thinning, but its thick again. You still have to maintain an healthy eating habit along with exercise.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 22,169 times
Weight watcher's it the best! Use it with the b12 and your on yu way.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 11,040 times
I just went to the doctor today and got the B12 shot with lipotric she says its suppose to help burn belly fat really fast she said I can come take once a week or once every 2 weeks or once a month. Depending on how well it work at first. Plus I just started on the adipex also.

Last edited by monicaLev; 03-21-2012 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 03-21-2012, 01:01 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaLev View Post
I just went to the doctor today and got the B12 shot with lipotric she says its suppose to help burn belly fat really fast she said I can come take once a week or once every 2 weeks or once a month. Depending on how well it work at first. Plus I just started on the adipex also.
Gullible with money to spend. Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss